19 Replies Latest reply: Jul 8, 2014 1:54 PM by nicedrewishfela RSS

Idiocracy

nicedrewishfela

Due to time off for the holiday and the wife working, I had a lot of time to play this weekend. While I played in some really fantastic matches... I also ran into some inexplicably inept opponents.

One game in particular stands out in my mind.

Was playing on the DLC map Ruins. The opposing team immediately made it clear that their strategy was to take the Temple (Pyramid) in the center of the map. I died a few times off the start from people sniping from the tower. I was able to sneak in the right side staircase, take out their IED, and then proceed to go through the tower taking out all of the enemies spread out in there. When they finally got me, I immediately went back... and sure enough they were there again. I even ran to the left side staircase, peeked out, and was able to pick off a few as they mindlessly kept rushing to get back into the tower. This process repeated over and over again, in the process I earned my Triton and Battle Hind streaks twice. It even included a memorable stretch towards the end of the match in which I earned my IMS and placed it at the top of the  left staircase, quickly laid down behind the center column to reload, popped up to find two enemies had come halfway up the stairs and picked them off. Before I could move again, another enemy popped up, followed by another and another. I finished the match 32-6, blown away by how anyone could be so dumb.

So, if this happened to me, and I don't get to play all that often... It got me thinking. Those who play more often than I do have to run into it all the time.

So anyone have stories about either teams or players that just defied any logical thoughts or actions? That just acted in a way that made you shake your head? That while they may have padded your K/D and Win % almost made you feel guilty about beating up on the "exceptional" amongst us?

Please keep it clean, no naming and shaming or meanness, just looking for amusing, funny stories.

• Re: Idiocracy
          gramthenOOb

It always baffles me in search games when the bomb gets planted and players rush to the incorrect bomb sight. Has happened more times than I'd care to keep track of.

The other thing that makes me question logic is when teammates see fellow teammates get blown away right outside a door and immediately rush full tilt through the door, eventually meeting the same fate. Why did they think that would end well? Seriously...

nuttin2say

I'm just going to point out one thing, drew ...

i D i O C r a c y

Izjar11

This game definitely has its fill of it,

If I were to attempt to write my experience you would think I was trying to "high jack" your thread.

To me the blatant idiots fall under two categories:

1. The dudes who run straight at you with a a knife > total idiots
              2. The dudes who do not pay attention to who just died behind them, and still aim forward > half idiots
              3. The dudes who talk more than they should > absolute idiots

Can I point out that here on the forums there seems to be a increase of idiocy, not sure if its the summer or what but we have many, who with their writing shows their lack of education.

phxs72

You'll see some real winners out there when you play regularly.  Over the weekend I ran into one team on Favela that did nothing but run straight to the Ice Cream shop the whole time.  I mean the whole team for the whole match.  They were so determined to go there that I even commented to one of my teammates, "well at least we don't have to wonder where we'll find them."  In another match I was up against a team that used IEDs like candy.  So I just ran around with Sitrep and shot their IEDs but what made them stupid was that they never ever turned around to see what happened.  Some of them weren't more than 10 ft away from their IEDs and they just laid there with their backs turned to me.  It was so bad that I actually took the time to crouch next to a few of them and line up a headshot just hoping that they would watch the kill cam and realize just how oblivious they were being.

Of course, you'll see a lot of really good players out there as well but it's the really bad ones that will leave you in disbelief.

nuttin2say

The worst I've ever seen still goes back to MW. I was playing TDM on Crossfire. At the time, I would go through extremes trying to cross maps without being detected so that I could get close enough to opponents to complete pistol head shot challenges. I would usually get lucky and get at least one, sometimes two guys from behind. Well, Crossfire was notorious for people corner camping, especially at the top of the stairs on the second floor. Yet, I was having such good luck not encountering anyone that I was worried that the one red dot that would show up after an SR fired off on the second floor would be killed by the time I got there and the spawns would flip.

Imagine my surprise when I entered that room where there was always at least one sniper and finding THREE guys sniping. I panicked and back out of the room into the stairs waiting for someone to try chasing me down. But then I waited ... and waited ... and waited - yet, that "one" sniper rifle would keep firing from time to time. I thought to myself, "WTF is this?" Slowly I creeped back up to the door and peered inside. There they were, all three of them still looking out from the building with their backs to me. Meanwhile, my wife is caught up in watching what's going on and she just abruptly begins laughing her arse off - and she didn't even play COD at all back then.

I said to her, "Are you seeing this?" She couldn't talk she was laughing so hard but nodded yes. I then went up to each one of them and carefully took my time to make sure my pistol was square with the backs of their heads and executed all three in a row.

Not funny?

I swear to God all three of them respawned downstairs and came charging back up to the room. I panicked again and was left with no choice but to hide behind the sofa in the corner just knowing they were red hot angry. You know what they did? They lined up exactly like they had been before as if I did not even exist. With my wife in absolute hysterics, I even started laughing as I once again took out my pistol and executed each one of them with a shot in the back of the head.

Their response?

I kid you not ... they respawned and went right back up to the exact same positions again. At that point I thought they might be trolling or something ... but then a fourth guy came up to join them. I thought to myself, "Ah-ha! They're going to try a new tactic this time!" Sure enough, after executing the third guy a third time, the fourth newcomer came out of ADS and started looking around. Why he looked to his left when he was the farthest left member I do not know. But by the time he looked to the right, he realized what was happening and then he panicked. Finally when they respawned they came trying to kill me but by then the damage was done.

And the icing on the cake? After the match they were cursing me to next year ... for corner camping.

ghamorra

If you remember a few weeks ago I posted the hate mail I received from a guy that kept rushing me on 'A'. This guy took the same route every time, he didn't try to get creative or be patient and work an angle to get me. He just rushed me full speed and these kills were so easy.

I see this often. Players pick a spot on the map and sprint there. They don't consider the journey to this location and how they could die just trying to get there. I don't understand this, the game doesn't stop so you can run to your spot.

nuttin2say

I do remember that. Insanity. I mean, I've had my matches where I want to snipe or LMG from a particular spot so I understand the concept of taking real estate. But dang, you get killed 3 times in a row trying to do one thing, it's time to rethink the plan. Either skip that plan for this match or try taking your spot from a different route.

And what players seem unable to comprehend is that a "good spot" only lasts for so long. When I want to snipe, it usually takes me a good 10 to 20 matches on one map to find a place I think no one will suspect and that I can both take and hold fairly well. But even then, if you're really lucky the community won't catch onto it for a month. Most of the time it's a week, maybe two. After that, the "favorite spot" is nothing but a death trap.

Yet, idiots will try to use that same spot as a primo advantage point two years later. And then accuse you of wall-hacking or aim botting because there is just no way you knew they were there.

nicedrewishfela

That is what absolutely kills me.

You know I am a proponent for people playing how they want to play. But... if what you are trying isn't working.. IT'S TIME TO DO SOMETHING ELSE. Like the guy who wants to be Mr Quickscopezzz but has never developed that skill and starts the match 1-9... put away the Sniper Rifle and try something else. Or the Run and Gunner who is oblivious to where they are running to and dies 10 times in a row... maybe it's time to find a spot and camp it out for a bit, or at least slow down. And the guy who just has to get in "his spot" but dies 12 times trying to get there... FIND A NEW SPOT.

sennalike

I am quickly reaching the point of not bothering with ghosts anymore. There are way too many idiots playing the game. I'm seeing a lot of camping, not unusual in itself, but where people are sitting next to each other covering exactly the same spot or route. They are either doing it deliberately or are just plain thick. This is in HC Dom too, with fewer and fewer people actually playing the objective. I had a first earlier tonight. After five plus years of playing CoD I joined a match that had just begun. Not much was happening, I ran straight to our home flag, alone. Got killed. Went back, got killed again. Thought, I wont try again, nobody else on my team is bothering. Not sure how long but soon enough the match ended with the word "deadlock" announced. The score was 0-0. Unbelievable. People are so wrapped up in doing their own thing and boosting meaningless stats they are missing the point of playing. A deadlock, 0-0 scoreline in domination is not entertaining in the slightest.

nuttin2say

Wow. Deadlocked. So that's what happens in a Domination tie. LOL ... I almost want to "boost" just to see that. Hmmm. I could do it in private match.

More seriously, that's effed up. I feel your pain my friend. I feel your pain.

ghamorra

In Black Ops II the match ended if no teams could take 'B' within the first three-ish minutes. I had that happen a few times.

nicedrewishfela

0-0 has to be a record.

Unbelievable.

It may sound weird, but in a way I have been enjoying playing as a Lone Wolf. I find it a fun challenge to try to get my team of randoms to play together, and when it happens, it feels really, really good.

ButterflyDream

Had an insane run on freefall the other day the entire team were hiding in the tunnel, all i did was pick them off with my sniper i went 29-6, i was 1 away from a kem before i got knifed in the back.

The funniest game i ever played was on stonehaven, me and my brother held the houses the entire game while wave after wave of headless chickens walked into my scope, we both got a maniac and went on a massacre at which  point the entire clan team (4 of them) rage quite leaving two guys behind who then also quite and the game was forfeited. i was 17-0 and my brother 14-0. I have no idea what they were thinking rushing blindly at us like that. Wish it would happen more often.

nicedrewishfela

I always crack up when that happens.

I am not much to sit in one spot, even when sniping I constantly displace.

But my feeling is this... why SHOULD I move if you are just going to keep running at me. Just like in my story how the other team kept sprinting up the stairs into my gun... Only a fool would move in that situation.

Tygrastic1

I had a game on Strikezone a couple weeks back.  There was a person on the other team that was obsessed with the corner stand just above the stairs near the 'A' flag.  I had killed him a couple times and he continually ran back to that same spot regardless of where he spawned.  I decided to troll a little bit, maybe help this player learn a new strategy so I switched to my c4 class.  I would circle at the bottom of the stairs and blindly throw the c4 up in the corner and BOOM, guaranteed kill.  This person had a mic so I started hearing the rage.  I think I killed him six times with c4 by the end of the game.

Once the game ended, I was met with insults and accusations of a wall hack.  I tried explaining to him that he may want to try another strategy, but that didn't go over well.  Next map was Octane, and wouldn't you know, he did the same thing in the room above the garage.  I switched to my DC/Panzer class and lobbed rockets up there the entire game.  I racked up 12 kills on that guy alone.  It got to the point that once I ran out of rockets and lethals, I would purposely get myself killed just to have another four chances to troll this guy.  I never laughed so hard in my life.

nicedrewishfela

It amazes me how focused people get on a certain location or spot. Most of the so called "good spots" are well known by now, and it is predictable for many players as to where they can expect enemies to hide. Yet some are so stubborn they insist on going there, and get mad when they get caught with their proverbial pants down.