11 Replies Latest reply: Jul 14, 2014 7:49 PM by Texmiki RSS

im at a lost...

to the guy keeping track of my posts,,, this is the 3rd. will somebody help me figure this game out. I tried every play style and still just brake even. hats the formula for success?

• Re: im at a lost...
          iamyourfather

what gamemode are you playing and what perks

starbuckfrack

You need to find out your weaknesses and use the perks etc that help make them better. Me. I almost always get the same setup and stick to it. Do minor changes to your setup and try a few games and see how that feels. DONT change everything around at once.

OUHATEME

SInce xone has the record feature IDE recommend recording a game of yours then watch the game see what you did amd watch the others to see what they did that was successful ,,

OUHATEME

some other things that come with time learn the maps, learn the flow of each map , what areas do people spawn in . If your playing core you can see the perks the person the killed you used - is that working against you?  This list can go on and on sso as starbuckfrack  do it step by step and not all at once .

use skill

codchamp

Not to offend you OP. But maybe you just suck at the game? Not hating on you or anything. I have friends that are horrible at Ghost's and COD in general. But they play for the fun of it and never look at stats. Maybe you should just go with the flow and enjoy what you can. If you are unable to do this, then try a different game from the expansive XBL market place.

phxs72

If this is your first COD then breaking even is actually doing pretty good.  As far as play style goes you have to find the one that feels right to you.  The guys that are really good can do it all but they all started by excelling in what felt comfortable to them.  My guess here if you are breaking even is that you are exposing yourself to too many angles at once and while you are getting the kill on the guy that you see, it's the guy that you didn't see that is dropping you.  Obviously this is a guess since I haven't seen you play.  If I'm right though the thing to do is to watch yourself play and ask yourself what route should I have taken to not have died there or little things like, had I not pushed forward past that car then the guy on my blindside wouldn't have been able to get a shot on me.  I can remember early on and sometimes I'm still guilty of walking forward while shooting.  Often that has gotten me killed as I stepped out unwittingly into the open.

Until you get your skill level up, camp and lobby/match surf. I have a friend that started the game not too long ago and he has over a 1.9 k/d and over a 2.0 w/l. That's pretty much all he does.

Dumbass78

Its mostly reaction time and line of sight I reckon - when you move round a corner stick to the wall and whilst aiming sweep around the corner. Stalker can help as you move faster. Be aware of your surroundings and use cover - don't run around aimlessly in the open. Try Search & Rescue fr a while and when you only get 1 life you will get better at staying alive!!!
                          Also the revenge spawn system means players you kill will spawn fairly close to you so watch your back. dont just sit in the same place. Tactical grenades can help find campers. If you play KC always be prepared for other enemies when you get a kill.

Codchamp is right that some people can't play very well but hitting even every game shows you just need a bit more fine tuning. I had a 12.0 K/D on search n Resue - the next match I didn't get a kill.

RayOldGuy

Statically it impossible for all the people claiming to have a high KD to have one. The mean would be 1-1, or 1. Anything from .8 to 1.3 would be average. EVERYONE can't kill more then they die.

I was in BO 2 yesterday when the entire lobby went nuts over some guy who got (in HCKC) 101 kills in one game with the Executioner, That 28 gauge shotgun pistol,  Since I die a lot, and this guy did not kill me, I knew something was up. a review of the game filmed showed he was boosting. You can bet his KD was high.

Forget the stats, enjoy the game. In time you will find that you can never win, but you can get better, even if you don't cheat.

Texmiki

Watch the pros play on MLG.com you can learn a lot from watching professional Ghosts players. Make friends online and compare classes and ideas. I didn't start off the game with good classes, I had to figure out what was good and what I liked first. Now I do great because I have familiar and comfortable classes