33 Replies Latest reply: Jul 25, 2014 12:00 AM by AngryBus97 RSS

Force clans to play a separate playlist

lifefailzzzu

I play as a lone gun for almost all of my games, and I play almost exclusively Kill Confirmed. I hold up pretty well on my own and can usually get 30+ tags a game (my record is 59). But I absolutely cannot stand playing against clans. It simply isn't fair to have a group of 4 or 5 well coordinated campers...I mean, players...going up against a bunch of randoms. And the game promotes clans, with some things only being attainable through clan membership. If a clan is playing, force them to play in a clan v clan playlist or even give lone randoms like me our own mercenary playlist like MW2(3?).

• Re: Force clans to play a separate playlist
          Fitch5574

Yeah I've always kind of thought if you are in a party of 3-4 or more, you should be matched against other similar parties.  But that would slightly slow down matchmaking.  COD matchmaking has always been the fastest around because the only parameter is connection.  I don't think they would make a change on this, but if enough people called for change, they might.

nicedrewishfela

You can't punish people for playing with a team on team modes.

You can get a team to play with.

Or, better yet, beat them at their own game.

Vulcan Hades

The thing with clans is that some clans are just hardcore campers/spawn trappers and it's impossible for a random team to beat a good clan that decides to camp it out and cover every angle. I've experienced this a few times and it does suck.

So I kind of agree that you should at least get the option to play vs clans or not. But you shouldn't force them to only play against each other.

ButterflyDream

I agree in principle, it is rather silly when i see a game of TDM on strike zone or something similar go 75-17 and i had 12 of those kills, i was wondering what happened when i realized i was the last person left, wonder why with the constant hinds, helo pilots etc... Yawn. I often find myself last man standing in tdm especially when i get matched on a clan team who just so happen to go up against another full clan, the team I was put on rage quite mid way through leaving me alone until a few more players enter. The silliest thing i have heard was being spawned into a game on warhawk to discover the entire, i mean entire, all six of them were camping in the house with trophy, blast shield, shields etc... I mean why? Still my finest COD moments come from playing against a full clan, but they are rare and mostly it is just like the strikezone scenario i mentioned earlier... double yawn.

I Don't think putting them in a separate playlist is the solution but rather introduce a feature by which we can control the matchmaking a bit more i.e have an option to not put you into games with 4 people in a party etc...

Sledgehammer23248

I Wouldn't punish them by placing them in their own list but they should have brought mercenary back for us lone guns....

phxs72

It sounds like you are a good player that just has the misfortune of getting paired with bad teammates too often.  To have a high of 59 tags in KC I think says it all.  You had no help in the that game for sure.  Here's the thing, the better team always wins.  Whether they were a clan or a bunch of good random players.  The better team always wins.  You can separate the randoms from the parties and that fact will not change.  Last night I played on my back up account and won several matches in KC and HC KC against 4 and 5 man clans.  My team was lucky if it had 2 clan members on it and often was nothing but randoms.  One of those matches the other team actually forfeited.  Granted, I'm very good at KC.  I easily average 20 to 30 tags a game.  So I only need a couple of other guys having a good game to pull out a win.  I'm not going to pretend that I can do it all by myself.  Sure I do lose matches as well even with stellar performances but I win a lot of them too.  The reason for it is quite simple.  The better team always wins.

Since Ghosts is dominated by clans and parties, a Mercenary playlists that prohibits parties would be a good option for you to get away from them.  However, it's going to be very lowly populated and you will most certainly find yourself in a number of matches were you will be so far lagged behind the action that you won't stand a chance.  So you have to ask yourself, which is worse?  Going up against stiff competition on a generally decent connection or going up against somewhat less stiff competition on a crapshoot of a connection?  I think when the dust settles you will prefer things as is.

AlaskanWolveZ

i used to feel the same but its not fair to call all clans campers when there are some who play fair its just that you can't deal with a group of players who are all better than you.

iamyourfather

Clans should not be forced to play other clans, if you are unhappy then join a clan. I do think they should create a mercenary playlist for the future cods.

gypsyfrogking

i play lone wolf as well but i find when im up against clans i have the best games, its more of a challenge but i find they are easy to beat, a lot of clan members are always trying to impress each other which makes them careless and you soon see teams that play together can become predictable, a lot of clan members run in pairs so if you get 1 the second normally gets you, the best thing to do is be stealthy and snipe them then when you drop the first the second normally hits the ground which makes him an easy non moving target, relocate and cover the area you just were and get them again when they come for revenge, i had a game earlier today and i thought we were gonna get destroyed on containment, we were up against a clan and 3 members of our team hadnt even hit first prestige yet, i was using a vks because they normally run together and i could get off a follow up shot straight away, after the game the clan backed out after we destroyed them, i went 21-1 and final score was 75-33, give me a clan to play against every time

nicedrewishfela

OP, a thread I made earlier with my thoughts on what could be done about this.

http://community.callofduty.com/ideas/3647

AverageJo3Gam3r

They just need to bring back Mercenary Moshpit.  It was seriously the only thing I played in BO2.

Im_Old_School

I know you say you don’t like playing against Clans or it seems any well coordinated “team” of players for that matter (not every team is a Clan) but I'd be willing to bet, and you can correct me if I'm wrong, but I'll bet that when you are waiting to be put on a team and looking at the lobby board and you see all those Clan guys you are thinking "Great, a damn bunch of Clan Campers, I mean...players. I can't stand playing against Clans, it's so unfair.”  Then suddenly you get put on the same team with them and then, somewhere down deep inside in places you don’t talk about at parties, you say to yourself, “Sweet, I’m in with these Clan guys.  We’re gonna blow these other guys off the map”

I’m not raggin’ on you, It’s only Human Nature that you would think that.  It’s unavoidable.  You may not want to admit falling to the darkside that goes against all your gaming principals…but you do.

lifefailzzzu

My best games have been against clans. Two of them, in fact, against one with the clan tag ACE. I shouldn't have to be forced to play against clans all day if none of my friends play this game. I know what I'm going to see when 5 players all of a sudden join with gamertags similar to "Xx1tZqUiCkSc0p3dZoMgmyenglishisafailuretohumankindxX". A bunch of camping. Call it coordination all you want; it's camping in the same area with their balls hugging the ground. I do like the idea of being able to set up searching based on lone-wolf or all though.

But seriously, what's wrong with wanting a mercenary playlist or wanting coordinated teams to play against coordinated teams? I don't think it's unfair. And please, stop rewarding clans with their clan weekend allowing them to just run ape crazy on randoms.

TL_Bare_B_V2

I don't mind playing against clans when i'm solo, it adds an extra challenge to game. You could always use a mic and co-ordinate with your team.

Alky6

How come suddenly guys in clans are campers?  I'm not in a clan and I play solo only, I rarely see clan members "camping", they're the ones that are generally running laps around the map!

It seems like there's an epidemic since Ghosts came out, that if somebody doesn't like the way someone else plays, they're automatically a camper.

I camp, I run a bit, and I skulk around from one place to the next to try and ambush other players, I'm too old to try and match my reflexes against the 12 - 25 year olds.  But that makes me this horrible camper that the little weenies get in front of and jump up & down, which draws attention and the enemy invariably shoots us both in less than 30 seconds. I think they do this because they firmly believe all the crap they hear daily about the so called "campers", it's getting really stupid. In almost every case, I check the score and the idiot is lower on the scoreboard than me.  LOL

I've been playing BO2 a lot more lately it seems that I'm not the only one, the play lists have grown considerably in direct proportion to the play lists shrinking in Ghosts. There at least if the camper police try to corner me and make a fuss, I just knife the them, that really ticks them off. If I have to knife them 3 times & get kicked, oh well, I didn't need to be in THAT match anyway! 

ForeignAllies

put me in ur position, i want to play against clans all the time, otherwise its boring

godlyintellect

yeah i play in a party usually myself with friends/clan members, it gets boring some days playing against teams of randoms because we generally dont lose to randoms. We usually try to find lobbies where we can at least see a group of people who are together and not just a bunch of randoms because we want comp. I'm not saying we are the best players in the world by any means but we play to win and when we 4-0 in SnR game in and game out its almost too easy in games against randoms.

Lucent76

Yep that sucks. Nothing more annoying than being ganged up on by a team and something that turned me off Halo Multi big time..

You know what's worse.

Having it happen to you in FFA by douchebags who have parties and party chat despite the fact it says that's its not allowed.

Luckily for me I'm good at dealing with them.

gambit1969

Excluding clans from the public playlists would never work because so many people play in parties now that if they were forced into a clan only playlist the public playlists would be deserted giving the matchmaking even more issues

zingaa

gambit1969 wrote:

Excluding clans from the public playlists would never work because so many people play in parties now that if they were forced into a clan only playlist the public playlists would be deserted giving the matchmaking even more issues

Exactly right, simply not enough players to separate.

Fitch5574

They wouldn't have to exclude clans from the main playlists, all they would have to do is change matchmaking so that if your party has 3-6 members in it, you get matched against other parties of 3-6.  That is what Halo has often done and it works well enough.  It would slightly slow down matchmaking but not by much.

WNSA

If anything they should bring back the Mercenary playlist. If people play solo against clans and parties they have nobody to blame but themselves.  Implementing a system that splits solo players and parties would have terrible implications for matchmaking, especially in the lower population playlists.

Well, they made a clan playlist, but clans don't use it because there's no other clans in there. It's all tryhards.

OhhSooGiiFTeD

there is a Clan vs Clan Objective Playlist. Maybe there should be multiple Clan vs Clan Playlists other than Objective and Im sure more Clans and teams would play that over regular TDM

xoMrSLAVEox

Yeah or its you and few split screeners vs full good clan, so its basically you vs clan

jnikoley

Putting clans in a sepperate playlist, or adding additional criteria to force them to be matched together, would result in poorer matchmaking, and worse lag for EVERYONE. In short, bad idea...