4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 20, 2014 1:24 PM by EmiliozGunz RSS

Problem w/ Probation

NinjaGiraffe6O3

Yeah, so, I have been having this problem for about a week or so now. I will be playing in a match, and I will get disconnected from Xbox Live or the connection to the host will be lost, and when I try to join in a new lobby, I am told that I am on probation. I don't rage quit, I don't leave matches early, unless upon disconnection, and even that doesn't happen all the time. When the screen resumes after disconnecting, it says that the Black Ops 2 server is not available at this time and boots me all the way back to the Campaign, Zombies, Multiplayer screen. Wtf. I have good internet, and it is a wired connection instead of Wi-Fi. Why does this keep happening? It's making the game nearly impossible to play. I'm just really getting sick of not even being able to play an entire match without getting booted. My connection is constantly at a full four bars. What gives?

Gamertag: NinjaGiraffe6O3 (That's an O, not a zero)

Platform: Xbox 360

HELP

• Re: Problem w/ Probation
          NinjaGiraffe6O3

Lots of views, no one answering. Wicked sweet.

nuttin2say

On behalf of the community at large, we apologize for not being able to respond at your earliest convenience.

You may need to contact Activision Support directly. What is defined as disconnect includes "dashboarding." To "dashboard" is to pull up the console's home screen, not the game's home screen, and then leave the game for the console's "dashboard." If you are dashboarding, hence not literally disconnecting, that may be the cause of the repeated probationary periods.

If that is not the case, another cause can be that a player is a member of a party whose host OR party leader dashboards or disconnects frequently.

Another cause of probation is a little harder to determine. If you are playing Hardcore modes and score a team kill, you will be kicked or disconnected from the lobby. Two such disconnects within a short period of time may not result in a probation. However, if you happen to be host (the part that is hard to determine) when you are being kicked for team kills, then two or more kicks within a short period of time can result in a probation.

If neither of those situations apply to you, then contact SavageHam or OGHuxtable or JeepChick and they can direct you to the proper Activision Support.

ShadowRonald

Unfortunately, probation also affects players that are being disconnected in the game since being disconnected is being counted as leaving early in a match. You may want to power cycle first before playing the game or to have your internet connection check for any since you keep disconnecting in the game. if you also have a probation, you will need to wait in the screen where the probation countdown is for it to finish the countdown.

EmiliozGunz

Hi,

A support case was created for you and you should be contacted shortly by a Customer Support Representative, if you haven't been already. You can view and update your case at the Activision Support website. After logging in, go to "My Support" then "My Cases".

Thanks,

^KJ