23 Replies Latest reply: Aug 10, 2014 1:56 PM by Carvalho16 RSS

Whats up with the nerfed snipers!!!???

xXfull_of_itXx

Why do you continue to Nerf the snipers? They are not overpowered at all. They do not kill to fast and the Nerfs keep snipers from reload canceling with the L-115. and the problem with the kill cams they do not show the real kill at all whatsoever. All I am telling yall is to stop the Nerfs they are so freaking stupid!!!

• Re: Whats up with the nerfed snipers!!!???
          Firesens

Reload canceling doesn't make much sense, because when your character is taking the magazine out of the weapon you can't really shoot since there are no rounds loaded into the chamber.

Also what nerfs are you speaking of...? The sniper rifles are barely touched in Ghosts let alone CoD in general.

Shadowelite555

Im not sure what nerfs you speak of, the ADS nerf or the silencer one. But I agree on ya with no more nerfing snipers.

godlyintellect

yeah whats the point of running a gun thats supposed to be a 1 shot kill if you cant 1 shot kill someone with a very large caliber round straight into their chest. A .338 and .50 cal round should tear their chest apart if you hit them from the front with it.

DjDUB_UK

godlyintellect wrote:

yeah whats the point of running a gun thats supposed to be a 1 shot kill if you cant 1 shot kill someone with a very large caliber round straight into their chest. A .338 and .50 cal round should tear their chest apart if you hit them from the front with it.

I personally don't think the problem is the "one shot" kill...Your right! One shot from a sniper should drop you in most situations. The problem is they(snipers or better yet QSers) run around with them like an assault rifle and QS you in your face. The mechanic for that needs to be nerfed...but this is an age old argument in COD though.

godlyintellect

my point, is that a bullet fired from a gun, no matter which way he aimed in quickly or whether he hardscoped or just hip fired and hit, a gun that has enough power to kill in one shot should kill in one shot regardless of the manner he proceeded to fire his gun.

DjDUB_UK

godlyintellect wrote:

my point, is that a bullet fired from a gun, no matter which way he aimed in quickly or whether he hardscoped or just hip fired and hit, a gun that has enough power to kill in one shot should kill in one shot regardless of the manner he proceeded to fire his gun.

If your trying to make the point of the damage done from a sniper to a person in COD...then you have to look at the damage dealt by each gun and depending on which sniper gun you use and where you shoot them at, IS the factor of weather or not you drop them in one shot. Even in "real life" snipers wont kill you in one shot if you hit them in the shoulder..but the shot to the chest and head do! But COD is not a "real life" simulator now is it?!

godlyintellect

depends on what youre using, but from past guns in call of duty, a .50 cal rifle will severely damage you when hit up in the upper body. I doubt you'd survive long afterwards if you were shot with it. even a .338 at a decently close range hitting center mass will do great damage. its not like we are running around with a .17 hmr or a .22 trying to kill people at long range. It works on coyotes and rabbits etc. at an effective range of 50-100 yards but yes there is a very slim chance you will be able to kill a human at a longer range with something of such a low caliber but i do agree with the reload cancel and the act of combining shells from clips that werent all fired automatically conversations people were having, but then again thats imaginary like getting shot right through the heart and getting a hit marker. A large enough caliber shot directly to the heart is probably most likely going to be fatal to a human within 200 yards. The rifles from the military arent made for your average hunting trips these are made to kill people at a very long range. It doesnt have to be a head shot either.

godlyintellect

but a note real quick on your real life simulation comment, heck if we arent simulating real life, lets take away gravity make the guns shoot laser beams and lets be able to fly....oh wait that would be halo now wouldnt it?

SitRepPro

Take away gravity?  Kind of already did that with Commando by granting immunity to fall damage.  It is actually more realistic to use jet packs to break your fall than simply equip a perk.

DjDUB_UK

godlyintellect wrote:

but a note real quick on your real life simulation comment, heck if we arent simulating real life, lets take away gravity make the guns shoot laser beams and lets be able to fly....oh wait that would be halo now wouldnt it?

Lol..yes..and it would also be COD! Have you seen Advanced Warfare? Your argument seems to be that the guns in COD should kill you like the guns in real life. But this isn't a real life simulator..it never claimed to be. Plus in all honesty there are issues of the internet, such as LAG, location etc. that take part in a fire fight with this game...that don't take place in real life gun fights. So you just can't expect the same results. It's a game! Why so serious..lol

SitRepPro

People hate being one shotted so they get nerfed.  It is the same bs why shotguns get rough treatment even though SMGs have the same mobility and kill very fast anyway.  Snipers are often disadvanted by having a poor secondary and no launcher.

godlyintellect

Yes most people dont realize that the actual shot fired is completely different in the killcam that in the actual kill. it shows the bullet being off by several feet usually which makes it look like your shot shouldnt have hit the opponent at all.

NZNM

I disagree with nerfing a silenced sniper.  Especially the L115.  Things need to go back to the way they were for them.

sparyandpray

if they make snipers unable to use quick draw perk that should fix the problems with quick scoping in the game

No weapon should have ever been able to reload cancel ever. It was a glitch that was left in the game and finally they decided to do something about it.

Kill cams have never been 100% accurate in the game either, do not ever expect them to be. They show what the server/host see's not what the player actually sees on their screen. So they are off at times.

Satakyn

THIS so much. If you take a mag out of the gun, you don't have anything to shoot. Also, I've always wanted CoD to introduce an ammo sorting ability where your mags have the bullets left in them, not just reloading every time. You should have to sit in a corner and do an animation for a moment to get your bullets in one clip.

Also, as to the sniper nerfs... Snipers have only been nerfed twice from what I remember. A month in they nerfed Focus so instead of MW3 style focus, it has more sway and flinching wasn't as good for snipers either. Then they nerfed the aim assist so that you don't get any until you're fully scoped in. Personally, I think they need to take aim assist off entirely for snipers, it always screws up my kill when I'm trying to shoot someone and another player crosses my path closer, dragging my crosshairs along their running path but completely missing any of their body parts.

I could see them potentially nerfing quickdraw with snipers ala what they did with focus, but either way I don't find it much of a problem.

Darkdyllon

they finally got rid of it? sorry but sir when did you started COD?

COD4 had it

WAW had it

MW2 had it.

BO1 had it.

MW3 didnt had it oh wait(the YY method)

BO2 had it.

ghosts didnt had it except for sprint cancel.

i prefer the YY method but in ghosts once again its not good to use it since your gun isnt ''ready'' to shoot after the YY but is after sprint? logic right there people.

Lucent76

Somebody should tell the FFA Quickscoping lobby I just played a few matches in that Snipers have been nerfed. It certainly didn't slow them down.

DjDUB_UK

Lucent76 wrote:

Somebody should tell the FFA Quickscoping lobby I just played a few matches in that Snipers have been nerfed. It certainly didn't slow them down.

Agree..try playing Drop Zone too! I can't believe how many QS's are in that mode and dominating up close...INSANE! I started wondering if they had an aimbot ...most of them were using the Lynx and VKS. That crap just shouldn't be possible...but welcome to COD..lol

VenserTheExiled

it sounds like people's experience with guns in real life is ZERO. if you cock a gun and take the mag out, guess what you probably still have a bullet in the chamber, thusly enabling you to fire it. end of story.... secondly, yeah a sniper should 1 shot kill someone in real life, but so should 1 bullet from any gun that exists, holy crap you people are retarded to the max. like someone said go play HC mode and stop crying... it shouldn't take 3 shots with my AR to kill you, if i shoot you in the chest ONE EFFING TIME you should go to hell and die, or i mean die and go to hell.

moral of the story, there's nothing wrong with the snipers as far as one shot kill, why? because this is a video game, A VIDEO GAME. not real life simulation. go play cops and robbers with yourself, make your own rules, and stay away from the internet. then you'll be having a blast all day everyday and saving everyone's breath from calling you out for the retard you are. have fun crying over the game every day.

bendotcom

So far in the history of ghosts:

Focus and quickdraw were nerfed. . . but only for snipers

Another ADS time nerf was done for snipers.

Silencer nerf on snipers.

Reload time nerf on snipers.

Reload cancel nerf. . . again only for snipers

Rate of fire nerf for snipers

And these are only the things that have been announced publicly, I can say with a fair amount of confidence that there have been further nerfs in unannounced hot fixes.

What is really annoying about this is that they chose to prioritise nerfing the snipers to this extent before they sorted out spawns, got rid of the 2HK glitch for automatics and a number of other glitches. Yet the OP, game breaking, god mode tryhard guns (remmington, MTAR, Vector) and the 'seriously why hasn't this been sorted yet' guns such as the ripper and M27 just get left alone.

Watch driftors video talking about if snipers are OP. As someone who doesn't like snipers and does all the math, he makes it pretty clear that snipers are not OP and that they have more then enough of a handicap/disadvantage compared to other guns. He makes it pretty clear that snipers are only deadly if used in the right hands by good players and that even then they have no advantage over anything else.

Carvalho16

Only the more recent and pointless sniper nerfs actually had an effect on the correct mechanics of the weapon class.

- Quickdraw nerf should be inconsequential if you are actually sniping properly. Who uses quickdraw on an LMG or a Marskman? The only reason it was being used for snipers was for broken mechanics like 'dragscoping' (*Sigh*) and that's it.

- Focus is a broken perk to begin with and this extended into how Black Ops II snipers basically had that perk built into the weapons. Precision classes shouldn't be laser beams when being shot at. The only issue here was Focus should have been nerfed across the board, in particular to the laser beam Assault Rifles.

- Silencer nerf was down to the original broken game mechanics which meant snipers were the only class in the game that had no penalty from equipping a silencer. It was more of a correction in game balance than a nerf.

The last couple of changes were fundamentally pointless but at the end of the day there were much worse nerfs in other classes like the MSBS and CBJ, which ACTUALLY did some serious harm to the weapon.