15 Replies Latest reply: Aug 2, 2014 2:59 PM by kkm4 RSS

1080 or 720

kkm4

I just bought the x1 and was wondering if it is better to play Ghost or any game in 1080 or 720?

• Re: 1080 or 720
          Shadowelite555

Well, depends on what you mean. With 1080, the game looks crisper, cleaner, sharper, ect, just better in general, but the framerate can drop. With 720, its lesser than 1080, but still looks good and suffers less framerate drops. I dont own a X1, but the 1080 vs 720 thing I say is just a general rule.

starbuckfrack

Going 720 for me improved my KD ratio by at least .5. I think it will decrease TV lag if you do it.

Change that. That was for the 360. For some odd reason my ONE will not go above 720 ? (Fixed it. I turned off the auto detection setting.)

Dumbass78

I guess that doesn't make Ghosts up scale to and run at 1080? Come the winter I hope to see all those new releases and COD AW in 1080....dream world maybe???

starbuckfrack

I think its possible once the developers know how to actually tweak the "new ONE coding". I wouldnt call it dreaming it could happen. 8 months into it and some devs are working into the base code better. I hope GTA5 will be at 1080.

Just played Ghosts at 1080 in MP and it does look better since I now have the one permanently at 1080. Cant tell if my gameplay is beter or worse since I only got two games in before the BR drive quit again. Still waiting on red tape from Microsoft for that to send me a replacement "replacement".

Of course cant wait for my replacement but also cant wait til the August "Blu Ray 3D" update that the ONE is going to have. Thank God I still got my 360 though to play ghosts and BF.

iHattoriHanzo0

starbuckfrack wrote:

Of course cant wait for my replacement but also cant wait til the August "Blu Ray 3D" update that the ONE is going to have.

WHAT? REALLY? All they have to do is update the blu-ray app? I thought there would need to be some hardware changes for us to view 3D. Thats awesome! You just made my day!

starbuckfrack

I have a 2d to 3d converter box for my 2D TV. It turns 2D into 3D and 3D can be played on my 2D TV really well. problem is it needs 1080i and the ONE does 1080p. I hope that gets updated to interlaced in that update. Since my TV is only 2D. I can use the BR player in my BR device though at least but its a pain to switch around everytime I want to use it.

I overheard it two months ago and held onto the details (Sorry ) it but you can read more on the recently released update news info on Major Nelsons blog site since it was recently made public . Or its all over the web.

I hear Sony is running around like a chicken without a head trying to beat them on that.

But remember you still need a 3D TV or the thing I got the "3D video wizard" thingy. Mine came with SIX pairs of glasses instead of the usual 2. Its only around 35 bucks at amazon. Looks great on my 47 inch 2D TV.

iHattoriHanzo0

Yes. Just checked out the full update details. Extremely pleased. Even the battery life controller notification puts a smile on my face.

I'm just very surprised the One was capable of playing 3D. I didn't realize it was software and not hardware. I honestly thought I'ld have to wait till the next new console to experience it.

I kinda wish MS could have clued us in when they were hyping the One up a year ago. I bought a 3D player for my tv because I had no idea the One would be capable.

starbuckfrack

I bought a 3D player for exactly the same reason They could have sold more letting the cat out of the bag sooner and not allowing us to think the PS4 was the only one able to do it. Even though I admit Sony has been promising to deliver 3d for a long time now. I hear Sony just released a "beta version" to all its customers out of fear . They did it all of a sudden two days after the MS details were released.

Too bad I wasnt signed up to be one of the beta testers. I could be enjoying it right now

On with the topic at hand the game seems to run better on the ONE at 1080 for me. I FINALLY got it to accept the disk again and went back and played a few rounds on the ONE instead of the 360. The hitmarkers seem truer.

Dumbass78

"Of course cant wait for my replacement but also cant wait til the August "Blu Ray 3D" update that the ONE is going to have. Thank God I still got my 360 though to play ghosts and BF."

I'm sure I read that MS have to replace the disk if its broke with a digital download version...I could be imaging it though...maybe this would keep you killing in the short term! Thats the least they can do for supllying a dodgy machine.Thanks for the heads up on the 3D hardware! Saved me a few quid!! Plus would it be worng to play a One through a Sony TV? 1st choiice is always Panny

starbuckfrack

Well the disks arent broke , the machine just wont read Blu Rays or Game Disks. But it does "respond" to and DVD I put in there. Sometimes I have to put a game disk in 20 different directions for it to start spinning. As for any digital download they wont do that if they can help it but I AM going to ask for a Digital Download as a pacifier when all this is said and done. They used to give away a free digital download with every faulty machine they had to repair but word is they stopped this in February because they were losing too much money.

Problem is MS lost the first replacement console they shipped out to me over 8 weeks ago. 6 opened and reopened cases later nothing at all got done at all. Now I have to go thru all this red tape. After 8 weeks of promises with nothing to show for it I finally decided to get an arbitrator to step in. Now Microsoft is being very cooperative. They might be shipping me out the new replacement this week hopefully, but if you were to pay attention to the case you would notice that now since there is an arbitrator now they are doing everything by phone without a single email to me as a paper trail. They dont like when things like this finally go public. Right now though all I am getting is promises but at least they are calling me twice a week saying "we are working on it". Plus they stopped trying to attack my bank account too.

Still keeping my fingers crossed for 1090i output with that 3D update.

Just remember guys when it shows up in the update you have to go into settings to actually enable it, it will not "come on" by itself.

iHattoriHanzo0

Where do you choose? I thought it did it automatically.

Dumbass78

I read Ghosts isn't 1080p as all Day 1 releases were unable to achieve this standard....Plus if you have a smart TV it should be able to cope with 1080 & 60fps so can't see why you'd want to go to 720...most lag is due to connection to host in my experience not the TV/Xbone graphics lagging