4 Replies Latest reply: Aug 18, 2014 11:55 AM by imsuperweird RSS

cod ghosts

bugbasher

I just bought this second hand,when I tried to log in the key it is still in the first owners account,so it would not log.got in touch with the first owner and they took it off there account.still did not work.got in touch with steam they said they cannot help,and suggested I get an exchange/refund.i am still waiting for a reply as to who can help in that case.2 days so far.so I would like to see if activision can help or is there a ban on second hand games

• Re: cod ghosts
          Abbulls

Dude, the steam key has been put into their account, since once redeemed, it is on the account who redeemed it.

bugbasher

yes but that is stopping someone selling it on,there is a large market for second hand games,and there way of doing business is stopping people from selling on

blackrose0125

Activision doesn't have a way to stop players from reselling the game. First, because it is hard to track or there's no way to track it. Second, it's the player's discretion to resell it and third, it's the prerogative of the other players to buy it. It's highly advisable to buy games from authorized retailers because there's an assurance that those games are genuine and have not been used.

imsuperweird

Yeah got your point buddy but Steam only reads a particular key code for a particular account. This means that since the key code was registered under the original owner's account, the license to install and use the game is with his account. That game can't be registered under 2 different accounts.