10 Replies Latest reply: Aug 8, 2014 3:49 PM by PUR4IDO RSS

Helo Pilot within seconds of starting match

thaesino

Because this has been posted about here and there by a few people (or perhaps the same person with different accounts), I'll make it short: it IS possible to get a Helo Pilot from a field order within SECONDS of starting a game.

Read on.

I landed in an almost finished match today on Stonehaven. I was lucky enough to complete a Knifing CQC field order and safely grab my care package after only 2 kills. When it landed, I thought it was a Helo Scout, but it was in fact a Helo Pilot. Because the match ended right away due to time running out, I got the winning killcam on the HP and people were b*tching about "how could I have gone 3-1 and gotten a HP" and that I was cheating, so they left the lobby.

I, too, once thought that it was odd to get a HP from a field order, but it does actually happen. Don't know if it's something added in a recent update or what - being that the game's lifeline is almost done - but it has never happened before, either on 360, PS3, or PS4, even though I complete field orders often.

• Re: Helo Pilot within seconds of starting match
          Shadowelite555

Its very uncommon. I only ever seen it happen two, three times total. And the same response was given, "hacker!" "cheater!" I dont really consider this game breaking by any means because it happens so rarely that it doesnt matter too much.

Scorchin

3times ? ive seen it about 100 + maybe cause I play more , is usually right after the game starts , within the first 1-2 mins of the game I hear enemy care package ... so I sprint , "my class smg" and I see a guy grabbing the helo pilot , I get a lot of kem strikes in strikezone from the carepackage , almost every game , I think they boosted the drop rate or ratios for it , to make ppl want to play more . I get the kem strike  care package  , but we usually still loose lol ...

thaesino

You're very lucky, sir. I get KEM strikes ONLY in Strikezone (from the original maps).

The funny thing is, I no longer go through the trouble of hiding in order to get the package. I go to the most obvious open space and drop the gasbomb there. For some reason, enemies rarely bother me when I drop my care package in "places too stupid to drop your care package." I guess too many of these guys are too smart for their own good and go towards the "obvious hidden care package drop locations" and do not find me there. By the time they find me, I either have it already and kill them, or they shoot me after it's too late.

(I wouldn't try this in Strikezone, though. The game is bound to spawn someone right behind you as you slide your palms back and forth, grinning for your new KEM strike package.)

Ungrateful_Dead

Care packages have always been like a lottery where you could get any prize, with the odds were weighted against the more valuable goodies.  That only makes sense to do it that way, but you can still get some good rewards.  I have gotten every assault streak there is from CPs, in fact I think the first one I ever got was a Loki (which I failed to kill anybody with because I was clueless and everybody was indoors).

If someone calls a high steak cheating without paying attention to the care package call-outs, that is their problem.

Schoat333

I once got the Field order KEM on strikezone in the first 2 minutes of a DOM match. People seem to forget about the field orders, and start crying cheater right away.

phxs72

Many times I've completed field orders within 2 kills of starting a match.  Sometimes I get it in one kill if the briefcase is there for the taking.  What you get from the CPs often is lower streaks but I've even gotten a couple of Loki's out of them.  So yes it most certainly can happen.

PUR4IDO

I never use my care packages, but I have been in games where people get hinds. Loki's, vultures, maniacs, etc. It seems to happen more frequently now. Gotta reward players with prizes they can't earn.

thaesino

I'll agree with your last statement partially, but come on now, let's be honest... how easy is it to knife someone in a map like Stonehaven? Or to kill someone while prone in a map like Freefall? And all of this BEFORE getting killed and losing the field order. No way, man. I'll agree that some of the FOs are total bullshit (get three kills without a killstreak), but a few aren't.

PUR4IDO

thaesino wrote:

I'll agree with your last statement partially, but come on now, let's be honest... how easy is it to knife someone in a map like Stonehaven? Or to kill someone while prone in a map like Freefall? And all of this BEFORE getting killed and losing the field order. No way, man. I'll agree that some of the FOs are total bullshit (get three kills without a killstreak), but a few aren't.

It's actually pretty easy, if you play it correctly. The game is full of so many bad players that you can get field orders by accident. That's how I always get them, I always forget I have the suit case.