14 Replies Latest reply on Aug 5, 2014 9:18 AM by Satakyn RSS

August 4th Update

I haven't seen a changelog posted yet, but I'm curious what all the updates people have noticed so far. I've noticed orange hit markers that tell you when you've got the kill as well as an oracle notification at the bottom of my crosshair telling me when I was hit by an oracle.

I also saw I had exclusive access to Nemesis, but after leaving that message and going to the store, the Nemesis icon says placeholder and won't let me confirm the download/purchase.

Also, people keep mentioning a sniper nerf, is there any validity to that statement? Haven't seen anything in the updates except the two original sniper nerfs. If you know where that information comes from, please provide a source link.

Satakyn
        • Test #1
          Re: August 4th Update

I live in switzerland and i have not had the update yet. I cant connect to my clan mates that have had the update. Any ideas as what i can try. I dashboarded and turned my xbox off and on 3 times. Still when i go to play Ghosts it just starts it normaly, no update screen. I did try deleating the Ghost Title update from the hard disk thinking it would force an update, well it did, it just download the same update, the one i deleated no new update. Like i dont know wtf?

Last Edited: Aug 4, 2014 11:47 AM
          • Test #1

10th prestigers can now reset their stats.

Last Edited: Aug 4, 2014 11:50 AM
            • Test #1

Charlie Intel reported the update as well, but no notes released yet.

My guess is it is a placeholder update with some changes and also preparing for the Nemesis DLC, which goes live tomorrow. We should see update notes by tomorrow, I'd expect.

Last Edited: Aug 4, 2014 1:37 PM
              • Test #1

I was tearing people up with the USR earlier. I don't think they touched the snipers.

Last Edited: Aug 4, 2014 6:56 PM
                • Test #1

I've noticed some small things like objects being a lot less bright when using the thermo scope.

Last Edited: Aug 4, 2014 8:06 PM
                  • Test #1

I never understood the purpose of resetting stats. I would only get it if someone went into an XP lobby and it ruined their legit stats; but otherwise, why would people derank themselves??

Last Edited: Aug 4, 2014 8:36 PM
                    • Test #1

Sniper nerf? Havent notice any changes. However there could be silent nerfs/buffs in the latest patch.

Last Edited: Aug 4, 2014 8:52 PM
                      • Test #1

I've noticed Host Migrations.  I've not seen a migration during game play for at least a month/ 6 weeks, maybe longer. First game after the update i had 3 in as many minutes and the next game our host dashed and killed the lobby, again not something I can remember seeing for a long time.

I've noticed several times the countdown is beginning at 15-20 seconds in some lobbies whilst pre-patch, it was almost always starting between 55 - 62 seconds..

As @Shadowelite555, mentioned, maybe there has been a stealthy tweak or two which has affected Match Making and isn't mentioned in the patch notes??

Last Edited: Aug 5, 2014 2:44 AM
                          • Test #1

Countdowns start at 55 seconds or something before any players have spawned into the map. Once at least one player spawns it, the countdown drops to 15 seconds. I would assume if nobody spawns in for the first minute, the game timer and the match would start without players yet spawned in, but that would be rare. You'd have to get all people in the lobby to hold off spawning in.

Last Edited: Aug 5, 2014 9:18 AM