29 Replies Latest reply: Jan 6, 2015 4:23 PM by Endymions RSS

    Should COD have a hub like Destiny's Tower?

    rankismet

      Playing Destiny got me thinking... why doesn't COD have something like the Tower...

       

      ... a COD Hub?

       

      You could have a room with your medals on  one wall... your weapons on another... a workbench to modify weapons, etc. There could a shop for buying/selling/trading weapons (I have an idea about this... but that is another post). Another for maybe redeeming medals received for titles or  patches.

       

      Of course this COD hub is nothing more than a virtual interactive menu... so you could still do everything without having to go to it...

       

      ... but it might also be something fun to do.

       

      Throwing it out there.

        • Re: Should COD have a hub like Destiny's Tower?
          ghamorra

          I suggested a clan HQ were if you're in the clan you can access. This way way when you're trying to prepare for a clan war or a clan event you don't have to go through the painful process of inviting people. With the Clan HQ you can divide up teams and parties without having to leave. You can access stats, information, and results of Clan Wars. It's a one stop shop for all your clan needs and gives more opportunities for rewards as there could be multiple upgrades to your HQ.

          • Re: Should COD have a hub like Destiny's Tower?
            LeapingPanda6

            Thats a good idea, but i don't think many people will use it b/c COD doesn't have variety of armour only weapons/gadgets. I guess skins too. I think it would be a waste of space in the game to make this instead of just a browse options.

            • Re: Should COD have a hub like Destiny's Tower?
              maccabi

              thats a great idea, they could also tie into stats and other stuff that relate in game and be a portal to do challenges from and make it web based to you could interact it with when your not.... oh wait a minute that was Elite wasnt it

                • Re: Should COD have a hub like Destiny's Tower?
                  rankismet

                  maccabi wrote:

                   

                  thats a great idea, they could also tie into stats and other stuff that relate in game and be a portal to do challenges from and make it web based to you could interact it with when your not.... oh wait a minute that was Elite wasnt it

                  I'm going to ignore that snide dig at the failed thing that was COD Elite.

                   

                • Re: Should COD have a hub like Destiny's Tower?
                  Shadowelite555

                  I like the idea. Especially the weapons part. That be cool to see all the weapons on a wall or something like that.

                  • Re: Should COD have a hub like Destiny's Tower?
                    thebiindsniper

                    I like the idea.  I can imagine the personal HUB with the following features

                     

                    • A giant TV screen or a personal simulator pod that allows you to select the game modes you want to play
                    • An exit door that lets you select campaign or spec ops.
                    • A test range that allows you to fire your weapon at targets and test dummies and change your custom classes.
                    • A store where you can buy DLC packs.
                    • A training field that teaches you the basics ie movement, combat skills, and more.

                     

                    You can also invite friends to your HUB.  It's kind of like assembling a party together before searching for a match, only now it's better since you can run around and kill boredom as you wait.

                     

                     

                    ...better yet, what if the HUB was your OWN house?  Like you can design it and hang out with your friends.  I might be going too far with this, but hey--it would be neat.

                     

                    ~RUGGED SAVIOR

                    • Re: Should COD have a hub like Destiny's Tower?
                      Izjar11

                      rankismet wrote:

                       

                      Playing Destiny got me thinking... why doesn't COD have something like the Tower...

                       

                      ... a COD Hub?

                       

                      You could have a room with your medals on  one wall... your weapons on another... a workbench to modify weapons, etc. There could a shop for buying/selling/trading weapons (I have an idea about this... but that is another post). Another for maybe redeeming medals received for titles or  patches.

                       

                      Of course this COD hub is nothing more than a virtual interactive menu... so you could still do everything without having to go to it...

                       

                      ... but it might also be something fun to do.

                       

                      Throwing it out there.

                      I would say absolutely, not to mimic Destiny and their creativity but COD needs something additional for us players instead of a simple menu.

                       

                      I think blind has some great ideas, but the old menu's (after) destiny have become...

                       

                       

                      old

                      • Re: Should COD have a hub like Destiny's Tower?
                        phxs72

                        I'd say that it doesn't really fit what the game is today.  Guns are what they are and attachments are already purchased with the existing system.  Adding extra steps just to do what we already can do seems counterproductive.

                         

                        However, if this hub offered something more such as specialized training, access to mini-games, etc as some have suggested then I could see it as being an interesting addition to the game.

                        • Re: Should COD have a hub like Destiny's Tower?
                          rankismet

                          Habing played AW for a few days... I really wish this was there... especially the weapon buying/selling/trading. I have been given so many elite weapons I don't want and would have traded them for the single one I do... so many times over now... hahahaha.

                           

                          Curse you KF4 breakneck.

                          • Re: Should COD have a hub like Destiny's Tower?
                            ViewTo_A_Kill

                            No, it needs to go back to modern warfare, not advanced future crap. Lets not incorp thos things til they are used in todays warfare.

                             

                            After playing all the CoDs since the beginning, I sure am glad, I made the decision not to buy this version. Just watching all the live feeds confirms all this game does, and thats put in all the things we hated before, and more. Plus its really funny how they reduced the cost of this game already, that never happend so early before, hmmmm what does that tell ya.

                             

                            Please bring back MW123 !!!!!!!

                              • Re: Should COD have a hub like Destiny's Tower?
                                Izjar11

                                ViewTo_A_Kill wrote:

                                 

                                No, it needs to go back to modern warfare, not advanced future crap. Lets not incorp thos things til they are used in todays warfare.

                                 

                                After playing all the CoDs since the beginning, I sure am glad, I made the decision not to buy this version. Just watching all the live feeds confirms all this game does, and thats put in all the things we hated before, and more. Plus its really funny how they reduced the cost of this game already, that never happend so early before, hmmmm what does that tell ya.

                                 

                                Please bring back MW123 !!!!!!!

                                Though a re-release of past games is not a bad idea, AW is a decent game once the player learns it.

                                 

                                Criticizing the game without playing it is easy to do, but of course if you do not like it visually then you have already convinced yourself that trying it wont be good.

                                • Re: Should COD have a hub like Destiny's Tower?
                                  rankismet

                                  ViewTo_A_Kill wrote:

                                   

                                  No, it needs to go back to modern warfare, not advanced future crap. Lets not incorp thos things til they are used in todays warfare.

                                   

                                  After playing all the CoDs since the beginning, I sure am glad, I made the decision not to buy this version. Just watching all the live feeds confirms all this game does, and thats put in all the things we hated before, and more. Plus its really funny how they reduced the cost of this game already, that never happend so early before, hmmmm what does that tell ya.

                                   

                                  Please bring back MW123 !!!!!!!

                                   

                                  I think the concept went over your head.

                                   

                                  This thread is about the mechanics of how such a thing would work not the aesthetics.

                                   

                                  It could be set in a FOB... with tents servicing different aspects of the mechanics.

                                • Re: Should COD have a hub like Destiny's Tower?
                                  OUHATEME

                                  I Particularly like the idea of redeeming medals earned for a title or patch . 4 of this medal 6 of that one 3 of another for a specific title or patch showing tha someone is well rounded  or whatever the particular title or patch shows.

                                  dont agree with the trading of weapons, I work my way through them and earn each attachment , wouldn't wamt someone else to just have one handed to them because of who they know. Can't help it I figure if I had to earn it so should others.

                                  Overall if properly worked out could add a fun dynamic to the game, with added goals.

                                  • Re: Should COD have a hub like Destiny's Tower?
                                    WWWWWWWWWWWW00D

                                    Well, if you follow Vonderhaar's twitter - you'll know he plays Destiny a lot (he rarely even mentions AW)... So assuming he's going to be in charge of the upcoming Treyarch title - you may get things like this in the next game. Defintely would add some extra fun to the game.... Hopefully supply drops are only the beginning.

                                    • Re: Should COD have a hub like Destiny's Tower?
                                      wileycoyote75

                                      Don't want to sound like a party pooper but it wouldn't bother me really. I like the menu system fine. I got bored of going to Destiny HUB all time for bounties and weapons etc.

                                       

                                      I put 100 hours into Destiny and got rid before DLC came out, as I thought the hype over shadowed the game. I thought it was boring once the missions were done and got the armour etc that I needed. Didn't go on for a month so got rid. It did look and play amazing though. Hope they make a COD game that runs that smooth. Not holding my breath though.

                                        • Re: Should COD have a hub like Destiny's Tower?
                                          rankismet

                                          wileycoyote75 wrote:

                                           

                                          Don't want to sound like a party pooper but it wouldn't bother me really. I like the menu system fine. I got bored of going to Destiny HUB all time for bounties and weapons etc.

                                           

                                          I put 100 hours into Destiny and got rid before DLC came out, as I thought the hype over shadowed the game. I thought it was boring once the missions were done and got the armour etc that I needed. Didn't go on for a month so got rid. It did look and play amazing though. Hope they make a COD game that runs that smooth. Not holding my breath though.

                                           

                                          Not being a party pooper at all... I thought it would be optional to use anyway...

                                           

                                          Of course this COD hub is nothing more than a virtual interactive menu... so you could still do everything without having to go to it...
                                        • Re: Should COD have a hub like Destiny's Tower?
                                          Bubbakush

                                          As far as a hub like fob I can see it being cool at first but wearing in a nerve later on in the life cycle. How many times are you going to want to walk your guy over to the workbench to mod a weapon before it's a hassle.

                                           

                                          The trading in medals for patches and titles would be interesting. I think something to add on to that is if you place in the top 5% in something for the month you get a title or patch to. So for example if you are in the top 5% in dog fight medals for a month you get a special patch that only players who have achieved the same thing can get.

                                           

                                          I like the idea of buying and selling weapons but along the lines of how blops did it. So instead of just because you hit rank 45 you get the AK you also need to either have earned enough or saved up enough money to purchase the gun also. No buying of elite variant items though. Also no trading that will just lead to who you know or who you can talk into giving you stuff.

                                          • Re: Should COD have a hub like Destiny's Tower?
                                            jahMoon

                                            Because Destiny is a different game. Hey, if you all all the great qualities from all games and jam it all into one you are going to wind up with a Rachael Ray Meat pie.

                                             

                                            I love Forza and we should be able to make custom players instead of having to wait for that damn supply drop. We could have stores of player painted gear created by the community...Clans could create their own uniforms...only to be wore by them. COD could establish teams with unique uniforms and emblems (sort of like how you can tell one football team from another. Steelers are black and yellow and the Ravens are purple and black). See how bad that would be?

                                             

                                            Lesson learned stop playing Destiny before you come up with more crazy ideas!

                                              • Re: Should COD have a hub like Destiny's Tower?
                                                rankismet

                                                jahMoon wrote:

                                                 

                                                Because Destiny is a different game. Hey, if you all all the great qualities from all games and jam it all into one you are going to wind up with a Rachael Ray Meat pie.

                                                 

                                                They're different games? Well, slap me silly and tickle me pink... I did not know that. Thanks for the head's up.

                                                 

                                                jahMoon wrote:

                                                 

                                                I love Forza and we should be able to make custom players instead of having to wait for that damn supply drop. We could have stores of player painted gear created by the community...Clans could create their own uniforms...only to be wore by them. COD could establish teams with unique uniforms and emblems (sort of like how you can tell one football team from another. Steelers are black and yellow and the Ravens are purple and black). See how bad that would be?

                                                 

                                                Actually... no. I like a couple of those ideas. Now what?

                                                 

                                                jahMoon wrote:

                                                 

                                                Lesson learned stop playing Destiny before you come up with more crazy ideas!

                                                 

                                                Haven't actually played Destiny in months... but thatnks for caring. xoxoxoxoxo

                                                  • Re: Should COD have a hub like Destiny's Tower?
                                                    deamonomic

                                                    rankismet wrote:

                                                     

                                                    jahMoon wrote:

                                                     

                                                    Because Destiny is a different game. Hey, if you all all the great qualities from all games and jam it all into one you are going to wind up with a Rachael Ray Meat pie.

                                                     

                                                    They're different games? Well, slap me silly and tickle me pink... I did not know that. Thanks for the head's up.

                                                     

                                                    jahMoon wrote:

                                                     

                                                    I love Forza and we should be able to make custom players instead of having to wait for that damn supply drop. We could have stores of player painted gear created by the community...Clans could create their own uniforms...only to be wore by them. COD could establish teams with unique uniforms and emblems (sort of like how you can tell one football team from another. Steelers are black and yellow and the Ravens are purple and black). See how bad that would be?

                                                     

                                                    Actually... no. I like a couple of those ideas. Now what?

                                                     

                                                    +1

                                                    jahMoon wrote:

                                                     

                                                    Lesson learned stop playing Destiny before you come up with more crazy ideas!

                                                     

                                                    Haven't actually played Destiny in months... but thatnks for caring. xoxoxoxoxo

                                                • Re: Should COD have a hub like Destiny's Tower?
                                                  Endymions

                                                  I would never use it.  Especially if the regular menus aren't removed from the game.

                                                   

                                                  Why?  Because it will add extra loading time screens for nothing.

                                                   

                                                  It's like Playstation Home.  Remember that on the Playstation 3?  Probably not.  But PS Home was pretty much a "lobby" game, all in 3D, that you could run around, explore and meet other people's avatars.  You could start PS3 games up from PS Home with other people and much more.  It's pretty much what the OP is asking for but for the PS3 console.

                                                   

                                                  Playstation Home is dead.  It was discontinued 1 or 2 years ago if I'm not mistaken.  It was shut down because no one used it.  No one wanted to waste their time loading a virtual world to meet people, socialize and launch games together when you can already do the same thing using the standard PS3's UI and Friend List menus.

                                                   

                                                  If Sledgehammer did something like this, it will be popular for a few weeks and then die off just like Playstation Home..... unless they manage to make it incredibly fast!  If they somehow manage to make the virtual world lobby load up in under 10 seconds everytime you launch it, maybe, just maybe it could become popular and people will use that instead of the regular boring menus!