21 Replies Latest reply: Sep 11, 2014 6:32 PM by trialstardragon RSS

Studio Mode??

MOUSTIXPLCT

PLEASE guys we need studio mode back.

just to let the clans to be able to geither watch their gameplay and organise their fights ;-)

• Re: Studio Mode??
          Izjar11

MOUSTIXPLCT wrote:

PLEASE guys we need studio mode back.

just to let the clans to be able to geither watch their gameplay and organise their fights ;-)

Studio Mode?

When did we have that?

Shadowelite555

Theater Mode?

Theater is not coming back since the ps4 has its own video recorder. No need for it to be in the game itself anymore plus you could always get a dvr or some other device to record your personal accomplishments to use to show off with.

Plus you dont need theater to organize fights of any kind. that can be done with out that at all.

MOUSTIXPLCT

heater mode is not just a VIDEO RECORDER

we can flip on every gamer to see how they play and discuss it.

on bo2 a lot of cheater has been caugh by the theater mode.

and i do need it to organise dont choose for me my friend. lol

jamesbond99

so true, and i liked it as well to see how people performed with different loadouts. like when i saw someone go 80-11 on nuketown in domination, i found out he was rocking a submachine gun with a silencer...

Not it is not needed to organize a game and play. You might think it is but it is not. For many clan organize and play fine with out. So not it is not needed back, nor is it coming back.

MOUSTIXPLCT

man its not needed. nothing is neede not even a ps4.

what are we talkin about its easier to orginise a team.

Just because it makes it easier does not mean they have to or need to add it back. Nor will they because the newer systems have recoding on them, though not the same as the how it was in the past. Times change, games change. cant expect every feature to remain the same for ever or always be there.

MOUSTIXPLCT

who said they have to?

they dont even have to make a game buddy they do it cause they want it.

time change game changes? lol you are too smart for me lol.

its no need to do it ?

its your opinion,

mine is i need it  a lot of people will be happy to get it.

they already said that there is no theater mode in aw.

but it would be nice to get it

to train.

to check the cheaters.

to make montages.

newer sytem have recorder on them. you right bot not THEATER mode.

we got a video recorder on ps4 not a theater mode buddy.

ps: you be able to choose for me the day you will be god

do you realy understand what we are talkin bout  man?

No matter how much you want it back, it will not be added back to this game at this point in time. so keep wishing for it is not happening. They are not going to spend the time and money to recode the game to allow theater back just to make you and a few others happy about it. so just accept it move on for it is not happening anytime soon.

It has nothing to do about my ability to choose for you or not it is simple facts. It is not coming back anytime soon if ever for this game or future games because of all the issues it caused for them. No amount of begging or pleading or complaining or anything will ever change that either, since the newer systems have a recording feature on them.

They really dont have to care if you dont like it either.

Yppecaye_the_Dogged

serious question.  What problems did theater cause and how? 

I enjoy going back to games and watch them.  It's educational and entertaining.

nicedrewishfela

I know you asked TSD, but I will insert my 2 cents.

In my opinion(I have no proof, only a lot of experience playing this game), While Theater Mode was a very cool tool and addition to the series, I think it really impacted how the game performed. I think between Theater Mode and Elite running alongside live-action Online games caused sync issues. I really think Hit Detection deteriorated after it's addition. In Black Ops it wasn't as noticeable, as Black Ops was a slower paced game than the games that followed (character models moved slower, and the less frenetic pace made the lag and sync issues less obvious).

But in MW3 as they ramped up the pace it really started to rear it's ugly head. I think Hit Detection was the biggest issue it caused. I think combined with the lag that already naturally exists in Online Gaming it made those games frustrating at times. While Ghosts has lag issues, no doubt, I do think the Hit Detection is much improved without the limitations Theater Mode imposed on it. Rewards accuracy more as a result. Again, just my opinion and observations.

In addition, I think it is highly likely that the developers looked at the usage numbers and determined they weren't high enough to really support Theater Mode's return in future titles. While some players used it frequently, I think the majority didn't really use it on a regular basis, and some not at all. While I enjoyed playing with it, I found I enjoyed playing the game more. Also useful to YouTubers, of course, but I think many chose not to use it for their videos as viewers preferred the first person perspective. Besides, CoD videos were popular before Theater Mode, which proves it wasn't necessary for continued success in the genre.

To me, a tool that takes up as much space and as much time for the developers as Theater Mode but is under-implemented and perhaps caused issues with game performance just isn't worth it in the big picture. Add into that the fact that Next Gen Consoles offer Share options without it... and it just isn't as needed or wanted as it used to be.

Just my thoughts on the subject.

Yppecaye_the_Dogged

Good info.  I didn't know it took up so much resources.  Despite how much I enjoy it, I give it up for better hit detection in a minute.

Although funny enough my connection in BOII, lag and hit detection, were pretty good.  MW3, however, was quite frustrating for me often.  I think also the fact that I opened my NAT in between the two titles made a difference too. 

MOUSTIXPLCT

this guy doesnt know what he is talking about

all the other cod lag without the theater mode.

The lag was worth with theater in it then in any game that did not have it. So yes I and others do know what we are talking about. And no they are not bringing it back no matter how much you whine about wanting it back. There is only so much ram the game has access to run on and the current game uses it all, there is none free for theater to use in the bagckground when the game is running. All the other bells and whistles like the improved lighting and sounds takes up space, and that space has to come from some where.. such as features they feel are no longer needed and thus dropped even if some of the customers do not agree or like that fact that it was done.

They know they cannot keep all happy nor are they ever going to try and do so.

Does not matter if you do not like my reasons or that it was removed. They are not bringing it back now or ever. Even with all the dlc done they still have work to do on the next game to come out. So no they dont have the time to recode the game to put theater back in just to make you and your friends happy about it.

It was removed for a reason, they are not going to return it when there is no real need for it anymore. It was a gimmick they tried and it did not work well with this game. So it was removed after all the issues that arose from it.

MOUSTIXPLCT

really i respect your opinion.

yes its more work for them but hey every dlc'c are more work for them too but no one complain.

and what if we got a theater mode that we can activate or not.

yes ppl might say its not neede i agree, but i repeat myself even cod is not needed

what i mean is it would be more confortable for trainning.

i would like to invite my teamates and watch ourgameplay and just to talk about who is doing what ?

and see together how to progress in the map

cause we are not all livin in the same country.

it would be MORE CONFORTABLE.

i know it myself cause i already experienced it my self with my team mates on BO2.

we end up almost unbeatable cause we were so welll organised.

even if there was some noobs wich by the time never played cod they learned so fast.

nicedrewishfela

I honestly don't feel strongly about it either way, personally think the overall experience is better without it for the reasons I outlined, which are just my opinion of course.

And I appreciate your reasons for using it, To quote Tracy Morgan "How the $%$ you gonna be great if you don't study greatness? LOOK AT THE GAME TAPE!"

But they have to look at the big picture, and if it isn't a popular or necessary feature sometimes things like that have to be left behind.

MOUSTIXPLCT

you are really dumm bro

cant u read what i just said

instead of repeating they not gonna bring it back

i already said it if you aint

brigging a plus dont waist your time on this theard

nicedrewishfela

Cool feature, but I think it caused more problems than it was worth.

I think it really added to lag issues and hit detection, which went south on it's addition and improved significantly when removed.