10 Replies Latest reply: Aug 15, 2014 2:44 AM by clercq1983 RSS

maps keep switching when lobby is full

clercq1983

It's been almost a month now sincs I first contacted @activision about this problem. The maps in LP keep switching once the lobby is full. I tweeted the problem, send them speed tests even made a video about the problem. Still they can't fix the damn problem. I know a lot of people getting this problem on the ps3. So for once could just please fix this BS problem. It's geting frustrating. I don't know if you guys or incapable or did you guys just got you're diploma's out of e cereal box? Cause if you did'nt fix the damn problem. I see people talking on this forum all the time about it? So it can't be just my connection, it has got to do something with you guys. Fix it...

• Re: maps keep switching when lobby is full
          SMWJuny

I think this is normal. Well, you can see a map generated once you enter the lobby, right. So once it changes, it only means that you are being migrated to a different lobby which map is the one that is presently showing.

clercq1983

No, this isn't normal. Even if you would wait for a half an hour, the match won't start. And returning to the party and start again just doesn't help. You have to go back to zombies or the main menu. But if you have to do that almost every singel game it's frustrating. I already talked to the support of activision and they are looking into it, but they did say it wasn't normal. But it's almost a month now. I even heard they do this on purpose. So you would go back to another game... Like ghosts. But that game is just so broken. But if this continues, I'm done with COD until AW comes out... Because this isn't enjoyable anymore...

Crinkzkull08

The maps in LP... What do you mean by this, bro? Does it mean Local Play? If so, how do you exactly mean the lobby is full? What game mode does this happen on? Does it also happen on other playlist? Also, the thing about this is that the rotation for the maps for vote is random and part of the matchmaking process. As a general idea, there are several factors affecting matchmaking, and some are as follows:

- the number of players playing the same game

- the map packs availability among players

- the connection you have

- the connection of other players

- the location and time

clercq1983

Let me sketch the problem once again. Me and my friends go online on BO2. We go into league play and want to start a match. The first 2 matches we play are no problem. Then if we start the thirth match, we go into the lobby, the game finds 8 players and for some reason the map won't lock in. It keeps switching. So we are not able to play. Then we have to go to the zombie menu and return. Then it works again for one game and the same problem comes back. Maps switching - YouTube this is a link to the problem that is happening. So by al means, if you have a solution for it, please be so kind to share it with me. Thanks...

Crinkzkull08

I was just checking on the video and it's not really an issue, bro. I mean, it's league play. I actually have had this before and from what I know about this, is that it happens if the lobby switched. It's pretty much part of the matchmaking process.

clercq1983

Could be, but why is it only for the last 2 month's like that? I've played a lot of LP and this never happend. Suddenly this problem comes by. And now we can't get it to go away. So in my opinion it's not really the matchmaking. I think it's something else. I don't know what, that's why I askes the question. I already talked to activision support and for the moment, they don't know what it is. So I think if this was a matchaking problem, they would know . Also, the problem got worse, when I got demoted from platinum devision to iron. I still have no clue why that happend, but it did. It's not that I got bad at the game, cause at that time, I think I've won about 75% of the games...

Crinkzkull08

In a manner of speaking, it's related to matchmaking. This happens if the servers switch lobbies. As for your demotion, I can't really exactly explain on how it happens but from what I do know about this and from my own personal experience and from research, it's based on the ladder points. I'm sure you already know this, but all in all, your's and your team's performance are key factors for promotion and demotion to divisions...  And also, believe me, I have tried contacting support about this, and they can't really tell you the exact details for your account about what happened since the ladder points for players is hidden.

clercq1983

This could well be... And thanks for the info. Now I have a bit more to work with. But I still have my doubts if this is really the case? It still seems strange to me that the problem just popped up. From one day to the other. We never had the problem before, up untill 2 months. So I hope you feel me for questioning  you're explenation. But I think we just gonna have to live with it. And just hope that the next COD won't have that much problems...