5 Replies Latest reply: Aug 12, 2014 11:43 PM by nuttin2say RSS

problem please help me

problemstatus

Hello, when i try to play black ops 2 onlile they said : '' The Call of Duty: Black ops 2 server is not available at this time. Please try again later or visit http://www.callofduty.com/blackops2/status for updates. '' I visit this site and they said : '' ALL ONLINE SERVICES ARE FULLY OPERATIONAL '' when i play call of duty ghosts multiplayer and then i change to black ops2 it works.

• Re: problem please help me
          nuttin2say

Do you have your NAT set to "Open" and your ports forwarded?

problemstatus

in call of duty ghosts my nat tap is moderate, when i change to black ops 2 nat type is open, about the ports i dont know.

SMWJuny

Regarding the ports, you can try and follow the steps from this article: Activision Support (Port Forward and NAT FAQ).

Hope this helps.

nuttin2say

problemstatus wrote:

in call of duty ghosts my nat tap is moderate, when i change to black ops 2 nat type is open, about the ports i dont know.

Odds are that if you don't know whether or not your ports are forwarded, then they are not. By chance, are you playing via wifi? That can make a difference, too.

But you should still be able to find matches. It doesn't make sense that you can find matches with other CODs even though you have a moderate NAT on those games then come to BO2 with an open NAT and be unable to even begin searching for a lobby.

To save you some time, first go to PortForward.com (Activision's support pages ultimately send you there anyway). There you can find the ports you need to open for 1000s of different routers. PortForward.com will also tell you how to make sure your NAT is open. For COD games, however, I believe recent coding prevents wifi connections from getting anything better than moderate NAT. That's okay, though. At least you'll be able to find lobbies - even if you're playing against other gamers with moderate NAT, as well. But you won't be able to party up with people who have a fully open NAT.

Getting your ports forwarded should make things a lot better for you. I recently opened all the ports for my little brother on both his 360 and his X1 and he was quite impressed with the overall improvement of gameplay on both consoles. The benefit to the PortForward.com site is that the instructions are accompanied by screen shots for every step.

All of this said, I've got a nagging feeling that something else is the ultimate cause of your issues. Nonetheless, try the NAT and port forward stuff first. If that doesn't work I'll help you hook up with a forum moderator that can get you a support case opened up.

Thanks for your patience - I've been out of town pretty much for a month and haven't been able to check the site as frequently as I normally would.

- nuttin2say

Crinkzkull08

Try to reset your router and console. Most basic troubleshooting. Also, perhaps, try to use other accounts. And also, what console are you playing on, bro?