5 Replies Latest reply: Aug 12, 2014 11:51 PM by nuttin2say RSS

Account Reset

-x1-

After buying a bigger storage device I tried to move my black ops 2 data and other games to it however afterwords i found almost all of it was corrupted and that i had lost my online progress.As I was a master prestige and had all primary guns diamond this is frustrating.Iis their anyway I can get my progress back?  .

• Re: Account Reset
          blackrose0125

I believe there's no option for your stats to be restored especially when it was corrupted. This also happened to me, even Activision Support has no option to resotre my stats. Look on the good side, you'll have the chance to improve your stats.

imsuperweird

Hmm. I think that was not the issue. I mean your online progress is not stored on your device. It is stored on the game server itself. Did you happen to use Fresh Start? I think it will be best if you consult support to check your account though, just to verify with them what has caused you to be reset.

nuttin2say

imsuperweird wrote:

Hmm. I think that was not the issue. I mean your online progress is not stored on your device. It is stored on the game server itself. Did you happen to use Fresh Start? I think it will be best if you consult support to check your account though, just to verify with them what has caused you to be reset.

This is the best response to the OP's issues with Crankz's suggestion to double check to make sure you did not "accidentally" use the in-game option of resetting your stats/progress.

If you did do a reset, then nothing can be done to help.

All online progress is backed up by the console network. This makes it possible to use your GT on another console without ever having to touch your normal/primary console. For example, I recently traveled about 1500 miles away from home, logged into my account on another gamer's console and kept on playing as if I were at home.

In any case, Emilio accelerated the case. It would be nice, however, if the OP would give credit to these guys, if nothing else, for "helpful" marks on those answers closest to what actually resolved the issues.

EmiliozGunz

Hi,

A support case was created for you and you should be contacted shortly by a Customer Support Representative, if you haven't been already. You can view and update your case at the Activision Support website. After logging in, go to "My Support" then "My Cases".

Thanks,

^KJ

Crinkzkull08

Try to check on your calling cards. See if there are any of them that resembles an eraser. Changing the storage device won't really affect multiplayer. I mean, I also have a cousin who has an Xbox (assuming this is for Xbox) and he's  been changing storage device several times and he didn't had any reset. Also, mutliplayer stats are saved on the servers not on the storage device of a player. Check out this link as well: http://support.activision.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Rank-Has-Been-Reset-or-Rolled-B ack/