12 Replies Latest reply: Aug 9, 2014 3:39 PM by SLAYER2291 RSS

Stay and fight

xoMrSLAVEox

Has anyone tested what happens if u stay and fight after u killed all 3 ancestors in the end?

How long can u survive?

• Re: Stay and fight
          AngryBus97

It pretty much becomes a mammoth horde. Pretty hard to survive because the difference between killing the mammoths, while still providing armour is hard to manage, plus the consistency of hunters being spawned by the mammoths themselves.

xoMrSLAVEox

We tried to survive so long we could and it was really long time, yes there comes many mammoths and rhinos and 1 ancestor, but keep throwing down vests for the team so u can survive very long time. Your cash is maxed out almost all the time u fight there.

Kanooke

Maybe.

The first time I hit the map, I played in casual with some friends so we could have a look around with little worries. At the end we kept killing the Ancestors, and getting new challenges. The enemies seemed to spawn heavier as time went on, and by the time we all got dragged down I was 2 away from maxing out all my skills. Now we had also failed some challenges during the game, so I was wondering if it just keeps throwing hordes of Cryptid's at you along with new challenges until you either die, or hit the Cortex?

SevenThug

Interesting. We never got any challenges after the first 3 (no damage for 120 seconds, 20K damage in weak spots, kill in 3 minutes). And we only had 4 spawn at the end in regular, 5-6 in hardcore. We waited around and no more spawned...maybe we didn't wait long enough.

Don't want to get anymore bronzes though, got enough getting timing is everything a few times.

Kanooke

Maybe the difficulty level has something to do with it? You were Hardcore, I was Casual, so nothing except kills really did anything for me. Might be worth another shot to see if it's repeatable and not a glitch. With an organized team you could mine it for kills.... and Teeth.

SevenThug

I don't think the kills are faster than completitions though when you consider that you get 1 for completition+1 for relic+1 for killing 5 ancestors. Also, what challenges were you getting after the cortex bar had filled?

I interestingly noticed that sometimes we have 6 ancestors spawn in the end (1,1,1, then 3 right before the bar fills) and we get a gold. And that's in regular and hardcore. But I've also had 4 spawn, 1 at a time. And 5 sometimes, 1 at a time with 2 at the end.

I'm not really trying to figure it out, because I want platinums, but it seems pretty variable what happens depending on how long you take and whether you kill them or not.

Kanooke

I can't really remember exactly what challenges, but I remember a lot of them where Ancestor related, do ????pts of damage, kill an Ancestor in within this time limit, take no damage from an Ancestor, etc.. That was my first time ever on the map, and I've only ever been back there once since then in regular play, but the team went down fairly quickly, so I wasn't really able to observe much. And doubtful I'll get back on this weekend (unless solo) due to a slight family emergency that has me waiting for a call.

But let me ask: What happens after 6 Ancestors? Does the fight just end and you walk over and hit the Cortex?

SevenThug

Yeah. Those are the challenges you get with the first three ancestors. Are you saying you got them twice?

I've never stayed around long enough to kill the second wave of ancestors (except by using the cortex). I got a bunch of bronzes getting "timing is everything" (because of some BS that you have to use the cortex to do it, even though we killed in 8 seconds with bullet weapons once...freaking IW), and I'd prefer to get primarily platinums from now on.

Kanooke

You know I don't remember. It was day one, first time playing the map. I do remember failing a few challenges along the way, and then just before going down looking at my skill points and realizing I only needed another four skill points to max out my tree. I can't say for certain if the Ancestor challenges came up twice or not. It might only have been just the six of them giving me a point each.

maddBomber

you get a skill point for completing each challenge AND for killing each ancestor. 

So yes, it is very easy to max out everything at the end of the game!!  Very cool on IW's part to think of that

xoMrSLAVEox

We didnt get challenges either. We tried now 3 times to stay and fight, one time there came only 1 ancestor and other times 3, and yes u got skill points for killing them. We was fighting about 35min before hit cortex

SLAYER2291

Last night my friends and I did completionist and stayed to fight. We did it for nearly an hour and a half before getting bored. After the initial three ancestors the medusa is full, then if you wait it spawns three at the same time with two rhinos and two big blues as soon as you kill said rhinos and blues they respawn, then after about fifty or so rhinos it changes to two mammoths and two blues at a time. Honestly it's so easy it's boring any decent group could last for countless hours farming easy kills.