18 Replies Latest reply: Aug 15, 2014 4:03 PM by barolb RSS

Could Wii U Possibly Be Skipping Advance Warfare & Focusing On DLC For Ghost & Black Ops II On The Wii U?

GamebroCrazy

It's kind of strange that we suddenly just received Nuketown 2025 (However unlike the other versions of Black Ops II, this was installed into the game via an update so we didn't have to download it from the eShop) for the Wii U version of Black Ops II. What's even stranger is that we have leaderboards for Die Rise + Turned on Zombies mode but no maps to access it on (This could be a bug like with the Peacekeeper emblem and call card). Shouldn't A_Trey_U be focusing on Ghost?! Why is he implementing eShop functionality on Call of Duty: Ghost along with giving us Free Fall and now recently adding Nuketown 2025 into Black Ops II?! Also, Why is Nintendo buying licenses to use this DLC so late?! Where the hell is that Wii U version of Call of Duty: Advance Warfare announcement that many have been wondering about?!!! Something is very strange and we want answers... Could they be skipping Advance Warfare and adding DLC to Ghost and Black Ops II for us to buy? If that's the case, then why aren't we getting announcements about this stuff?! ANSWER US ACTIVISION! XD

• Re: Could Wii U Possibly Be Skipping Advance Warfare & Focusing On DLC For Ghost & Black Ops II On The Wii U?
          Padiego

Remember that at this point last year we didn't know that Ghosts was coming tho Wii U. There were rumors, just like now, but there wasn't any real solid evidence. I don't think they'll focus on older games' DLC. I think they're just giving us all the stuff we should've had in the first place.

• Re: Could Wii U Possibly Be Skipping Advance Warfare & Focusing On DLC For Ghost & Black Ops II On The Wii U?
            TheOfficeSquad

If Advanced Warfare is even REMOTELY like Ghosts, I don't want it on the Wii U.  Ghosts is an atrocity.  Here's the thing: it's not all that bad on the other systems, but because we stop being supported, so early, Ghosts in its current state is horrible.  I'm at 9th Prestige, and I am bound and determined to reach max prestige, max level, but it's like this game is purposely making it difficult for me (I've maxed out on all the other CODs).  And they release Nuketown for Black Ops?  A game I've been done with for prob about a year now??  Without map packs, once I reach max prestige, max level, I'm done with the game.  WHY release ANYTHING for Blops 2 when Ghosts is such a mess on the Wii U?  Lag is HORRIBLE.  I'm aimed squarely at a person, and no hit markers whatsoever.  Absolutely none.  Point blank, and I shoot a shotgun, and get no hitmarkers?  Absolutely terrible.  The challenges system is horrible.  It takes WAY too long to level up on this game.  It takes WAY too long for a challenge to pop.  They changed it on the Xbox, but do they change it on our system?  No.

It's double XP for Ghosts on the other systems...is it that way for our system?  No.  I realize that it's double XP for Blops 2, but I'm assuming it's that way for the other systems too, and they still have double XP for Ghosts.

ALWAYS there's someone who goes something insane like, 29-3, or 35-5, or something like that.  One person.  ALWAYS on the enemy team.

COD on the other systems is so much better, yet I'm much better at the game with the Wiimote setup.  If Activision can't fully support the Wii U, with map packs, patches, etc., I don't want their games on the Wii U.  Man, if there was a way to mod an Xbox to use the Wiimote......

WiimotesRus02

TheOfficeSquad wrote:

If Advanced Warfare is even REMOTELY like Ghosts, I don't want it on the Wii U.  Ghosts is an atrocity.  Here's the thing: it's not all that bad on the other systems, but because we stop being supported, so early, Ghosts in its current state is horrible.  I'm at 9th Prestige, and I am bound and determined to reach max prestige, max level, but it's like this game is purposely making it difficult for me (I've maxed out on all the other CODs).  And they release Nuketown for Black Ops?  A game I've been done with for prob about a year now??  Without map packs, once I reach max prestige, max level, I'm done with the game.  WHY release ANYTHING for Blops 2 when Ghosts is such a mess on the Wii U?  Lag is HORRIBLE.  I'm aimed squarely at a person, and no hit markers whatsoever.  Absolutely none.  Point blank, and I shoot a shotgun, and get no hitmarkers?  Absolutely terrible.  The challenges system is horrible.  It takes WAY too long to level up on this game.  It takes WAY too long for a challenge to pop.  They changed it on the Xbox, but do they change it on our system?  No.

It's double XP for Ghosts on the other systems...is it that way for our system?  No.  I realize that it's double XP for Blops 2, but I'm assuming it's that way for the other systems too, and they still have double XP for Ghosts.

ALWAYS there's someone who goes something insane like, 29-3, or 35-5, or something like that.  One person.  ALWAYS on the enemy team.

COD on the other systems is so much better, yet I'm much better at the game with the Wiimote setup.  If Activision can't fully support the Wii U, with map packs, patches, etc., I don't want their games on the Wii U.  Man, if there was a way to mod an Xbox to use the Wiimote......

Pretty much agree with all this, except for the WiiU, I want full control and precision of the wiimote again. DA players don't like it? get an xbox.

LucaPac

Absolutely not

I think this move is to drive more nintendo fans into the call of duty series, it's something like "hey, try CoD on Wii U, even if things goes bad, even if there are less players and less game modes you can have a free dlc in change, sooner or later"

LucaPac

And don't forget: there aren't enough players on BO2, DLC won't come

barolb

Ok, so...

i) I saw Miiverse posts with pictures

ii) I saw the update when I put the disc in

iiiI saw the map when I went to custom matches

iiii) I saw Die Rise leaderboard when I went to check out Zombies (although it has been removed last I heard)

I really wasn't dreaming.

Anyways, it's either that or Sledgehammer got themselves a Wii U team too. Since the ecosystem for development shifted a bit, it wouldn't be all that weird if a new Wii U team were made. Still, the idea of there being nothing noted about development does raise some flags. While the Nintendo version of the games are usually announced later (which is apparently Nintendo's choosing), it is within possibility that there will be no Advanced Warfare for Wii U.

Personally, I don't mind it, but then again I kind of stopped really caring about the Call of Duty games. For me to spend $60 on a game instead of computer parts (waiting till my next paycheck to buy the CPU and Motherboard!! Can't wait to build it!) or anything else is a little much. I've been introduced to Steam, and getting a hold of cheap games now for a while... I honestly think it would be a waste to spend that much money on a game if I weren't able to enjoy it. Especially with prices of games going up, here in Canada. If I have to spend $65 on a new game, then I must enjoy it. $65 could almost buy me an unlocked Intel Pentium G3258. With this thing inside of a computer, and overclocked, I could run Crysis 3 at 30fps, 1080p on very high settings with a good GPU. I would assume I could also run most other games out there are at good, and playable, framerate with that CPU too. Besides, for $65 I could probably buy 20+ good Steam games.

I have become very pessimistic regarding the Wii U. Not completely, but in regards to third party I have been. I wouldn't be surprised if the Wii U did not receive Advanced Warfare, but for them to offset it by releasing DLC on Black Ops 2 seems quite surprising, to be honest. It, quite frankly, goes against most of what we have seen in regards to general support for the series. Out with the old, and in with the new. But since Black Ops 1 there has been a slight change in that kind of attitude. So, who knows. We can only speculate for now, I guess.

AsianSensation97

I sort of stopped caring about COD on Wii U as well after I realized how fun BF4 on PC was. But I decided to come back today and booted up and was pretty shocked that we got free DLC finally! Honestly it was pretty fun, sure PC gaming may be better., but I still would like BO2 DLC, it has always been my favorite COD game from the first time I played it!

Padiego

Once you go steam, you never go back. Triple A games for $5? Yes please.

the1andonlyIKY

Isnt it possible to get wiimotes to work on pc? I think so, but idk how comatible that is with any games

barolb

Yup. Some users have made their own scripts and the likes for matching the controls. You can, theoretically (and practically), use any controller that is ever made. The thing is, the Wii Remote connects to a computer via bluetooth, so you need your machine to be bluetooth capable in order to use it.

Personally, I won't be doing that with my machine. I will leave the Wii Remote for my Wii and Wii U. The approximate cost of my machine is about $870 in parts. Newegg is having a deal on a i5 4570, so I'm buying that now (tonight) instead of waiting to buy a i5 4430 in store with the motherboard. This does mean I will have to put the CPU on myself, but this will be good experience, and luckily newegg has good policies on handling CPUs. Oh, and I get 3 games and an antivirus program with it too as a part of a promotional thing. The parts are 100% compatible, which is terrific.

I think I'm on Purolator's 'hate' list now though. I complained when they couldn't find my address. Simply put, they made me call their support line twice trying to explain that my address does actually exist, and that I actually exist.

I still go back to my consoles despite having a Steam account. There are plenty of good deals via Steam and Steam associated websites, but I bought a ton of games on console. I want to at least play through them since I spent so much money on them. I still buy Wii games, actually.

I like playing a variety of games. I skewed my perspective of games from playing multiplayer games for so long. I really do enjoy them, but there are plenty of other good games out there to play and try. I played the BF4 beta before it came out on PS3, and I must say I liked it, but I really do prefer to use the Wii Remote for FPS games. I'm not bad with a mouse or stick controllers, but after playing with the Wii Remote so much, it's not as comfortable.

Just to make this a little more on subject (felt like I was going off a bit).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LMxkG0tjHQ

I don't particularly like having no reticle or any indicator. I like having free movement, so while this isn't really for me, you may find this interesting. Oh, and the best part is that it is sniping with the Wii Remote too