41 Replies Latest reply: Aug 11, 2014 12:04 AM by Major_Mcfadden RSS

Fairwell Forums

N0cturn41Vu1tur

Yet again I am taking a leave from these stupid forums. just like roblair I am tired of stupid peoples idiocy! I am not going to waste any more of my precious time for idiotic adult babies who cry for everything.

Oh don't worry community! this player who you all deem to hate is finally leaving! YAY oh but theres more, I've deleted ALL my score sheets that I have tried to share and help the community who BEGGED for developers to announce the score sheets statistics and such. so don't worry I wont leave without taking my efforts with me, with all the moaning about teeth and how hardcore players don't understand is a lot of BS I simply do not want micro-transactions and I have no disagreed with adding LOGICAL additions such as completionist adds another tooth, where people make ridiculous suggestions that will ruin the game such as giving the devs the idea for double class which if people here actually followed me and read I HATED the idea! I wanted backgrounds and patches and we only got one LOUSY patch that is bugged for people to unlock in the first place!

people claim I have no life but really I do! you want to give me a full explanation of your life then go ahead it doesn't change anything that your assumptions towards me or simply MISUNDERSTANDING my perspective or opinions in the way it was intended! then I still wont post my personal life on here because its non of your business, I don't share every little detail about my life on an online forum that everyone can read! I like my privacy thank you!

if anybody from these forums who had been kind to me, i'll still check my inbox and follow the crap but I wont post a single word of help nor opinions or facts. inbox me if you want the score sheet and if I trust you ill email you the sheets!

those who want the score sheets and I wont share them? tough luck! figure out yourselves because unfortunately your group of ideals are the ones making me dislike you!

• Re: Fairwell Forums
          Shadowstrike002

a shame to see your work gone and i'm not even a scorerunner even me being an ahole i have to admit you were one of the best forum posters best of luck i quit extinction the other day finally got bored after exodus.

spudchucker22

Good luck and carry on enjoying your gaming

Clartikus

Quick pro-tip, friend: you cannot always expect people to agree with you.

Spitefully recusing yourself from the forum (removing all helpful contributions along the way, which many of us have appreciated and admired) simply because you support the current system is the forum equivalent of rage-quitting an Extinction game because someone didn't do a challenge. Or more accurately, deciding to take your valued contributions with you is like going AFK during the "arm the nuke" portion of PoC.

I for one have appreciated your previous contributions, though I recognize we disagree about the price of the new upgrades. I rarely comment on the forum, but have been around for some time and visit regularly. While I have respected you for your contributions, this respect is difficult to maintain in the face of such childish antics. It is the height of hypocrisy to cry about crybabies. It is the basest of gamers who will take his ball and go home rather than respectfully disagreeing (particularly when they already have their way - that's called being a sore winner).

If you can't handle reasoned disagreement, this group of adult crybabies is the least of your worries. You and only you have full responsibility for how you react to others - no one's "group of ideals" is "making" you dislike anyone - you are making that decision, and you must fully own it.

I hope you will reconsider and choose to re-engage, even after your YAGE post. Thank you again for your previous contributions, and I hope to see more in the future. In the meantime, farewell.

Kanooke

I too always enjoyed your posts, yet on this current issue I have to disagree with you. It was nothing personal, simply the way my opinion falls on this issue.

Best of luck to you.

w1drose

I never understood the point of a so-called "protest resignation"... like when a high level official resigns because he or she disagrees with the others. Shouldn't the best path be to keep fighting the fight and convert as many as you can? Imagine if spider had given up on the Grenade Turret nerf like the rest of us... his voice alone caused a huge change in a big way. You can do the same too, but instead, you and the other guy decide to "quit"...

I mean, how many people do you think will be affected by your leave? After a week, few will remember you, let alone want you back. I'm not being mean, that's just how the human mind works.

People have different opinions in this world, that's just how it works. People won't just believe you because you said so, people need to be convinced. That's how you rally support. But you leaving simply means two of the members for the teeth upgrade have left, meaning IW will hear no more voices on that side of the argument, meaning change or a patch may very possibly be coming. And then, what will you have gained? Nothing.

I hope you do reconsider, but I won't pressure you.

xoMrSLAVEox

U and roblair should calm down, its only a forum

bobbyowens

Here's a bit of advice for you (that you probably don't want, sorry). It really is just as simple as "don't take it personal". There's no reason for anyone to bring up anything personal on a video game forum. There is no reason you have to engage with a person that does. As soon as someone makes a claim that someone else has no life, you can completely dismiss (ignore) the claim and move on. That's completely irrelevant to this forum. What the first person is really saying is "I don't have time to play a lot" but they're frustrated and spiteful so they bring in someone else and stir things up and project assumptions onto someone else. I don't engage in convos like that and my life is better for it.

I'm only putting this out there because you're a big contributor and are a value to the community.  Keep spreading good information, stop the spreading of bad, support and uphold other good members, and dismiss all the others.

N0cturn41Vu1tur

like I said, if anybody still wishes for my score sheets that I build I have said i'll simply email them to individuals that request them through a direct message to me! obviously they have to let me know there email for me to send them but I don't mind helping a few that ask me for them! exodus regular had also been done and currently working on the hardcore sheets.

ill be on the ghosts 2 forums as a fresh start but right now most of the community can somewhat get lost! the rest and kind users like yourselves I will help help I am asked for them!

N0cturn41Vu1tur

I had also sent a lengthly email to a community cooridinator for infinity ward that said she'll forward my msg to the devs.

I covered some glitches that i'd like patching and spoken about PoC, I gave them some ideas for additional teeth:

similar to the 600 or so kills reward a tooth, I believe 100 revives can reward a tooth, reward players for being a team sport or being a team player in a co-op match. this must be balanced and cannot be boosted by solo revives, just adding that in.

every 1,000,000 score added to the global leaderboards can reward players a tooth, being high in the leaderboards (as a hardcore player) I have less than 200 million and so this will be balanced for both hardcore and the casual community.

change how the escape with a relic is addressed, people do not understand that escaping with 1 relic rewards you the same as running 10! so in order to add a little reward for valiant effort, for using 2+3 relics it can reward 2 teeth for the relic side of the tooth pool. 4+5 relics give 3 teeth, and this carries over for 6+7 teeth giving 4, 8+9 giving 5 and finally 10 relic runs rewarding 6 teeth!

as some people also don't understand, when helping a player escape for their first time, its towards all maps. they have 1 escape on any and no extra teeth are awarded, I would like to change that so there first escape on every map is affected. giving a possible 5 teeth for 1st escape on each map for the whole team!

chaos mode is not used by many of the extinction community and so every 5,000,000 score in chaos should add a tooth considering its short game length giving casual players shorter time needed in order to obtain a tooth, this also gives people a reason to play this game mode and try to get teeth this way.

another nice idea from the community was a tooth for a completionist, not every player tries the challenges and so i'd like to reward those who put in there effort.

I believe these additions will still make the game balanced but gives the casual community more ways to earn teeth and the hardcore community would not mind these minor alterations.

the teeth ideas I believe can be ideal to both parties of the community as casual and hardcore players can be balanced for the pair!

hopefully this can resolve the issue of people complaining about the lack of teeth earned and I hope this can calm both sides without micro-transactions being an option!

w1drose

And this is a fine example of action. Instead of continuing to squabble and whine like the rest of the forum, he went out and attempted to get something solid and constructive done. Another reason why I think you should stick around - your impact on this community is rather large.

N0cturn41Vu1tur

even though it appears a larger group of the community would rather bash me with insults so I throw them back! make assumptions about me when they don't even know me and push me down saying the community isn't affected by me.

phantom139

This is what I meant by getting input for the topic I has going on. All of your ideas would be more than fair to balance out the current pricing of the teeth IMO.

I mean, you do have to admit, there are agreement on both sides of the table here. You've pretty much taken my idea marked Solution 5, fine tuned it, and submitted it before I even did the same, which is pretty much were I was in terms of the process of elimination of the solutions. I don't think many people agree on adding micro-transactions (myself included), in fact, it was almost cut from the topic today anyways after reading though and axing away the least favorites.

And while this may not be as elegant as adding a challenge system with some more high cost aesthetic upgrades to please the people with tons of teeth, this will still get the job done to make everyone happy in the end.

N0cturn41Vu1tur

I had these idea's before ever reading your post. and one of these was from my friend who also is on the forums

phantom139

At least the same intended result has been achieved. The ideas themselves were very good, and something that probably should have been implemented a while ago, but I suppose the times then didn't warrant the need for that.

I still think that if they make this kind of change, they should at least reward the hardcore players who still want to "grind" out massive numbers of teeth some kind of aesthetic upgrade that has a high cost associated with it, both sides deserve some kind of outcome from this, but I applaud the community, and IW for any changes made.

N0cturn41Vu1tur

within my email I concluded it with

'I had used the same extinction background ever since the game came out within 2 weeks I had escaped with 5 relics. I would like them to reach through their conceptual illustrative images and convert them to player backgrounds, even if its concept art and nothing too great! its still better than nothing!

my ideas were escaping with 6 relics, 7 relics, 8 relics, 9 and 10 relics. to be consistant with previous backgrounds. I would also love more background not only for relics but escaping on hardcore difficulty! and then maybe with a few relics such as 3 or something.

but then I would also like to add a patch, maybe the prestige icons for reaching an individual prestige. for example, your patch can be the breeder emblem for being 10th prestige and each emblem will correspond with its prestige icon.'

I would like to earn background through skill and more patches for levelling. do you agree?

phantom139

Oh definitely, I'm likely to hit the level cap today myself and I would love to see a bit of an aesthetic reward for reaching the end of this long train ride that departed on day one of this game. Having put my friends though helping me with a 10-relic run, I definitely wouldn't mind if they also added BGs/Patches for 6-10 relic escapes.

Plenty of cryptid species are still missing out on their glory in terms of those backgrounds, I don't think everyone else would mind giving them some love.

IconicHeadShot25

I would want any new fast way to get teeth, like a challenge system and that other stuff people were talking about (not including MTs), last time I talked to N0cturn I had 40 or 50 teeth. Now I'm hear with 108 teeth. I have been grinding with friends mostly. I thank N0cturn for putting some sense into me lol cause of my attitude. But yeah I would love some new ways to get teeth a little more faster than just double teeth for escape(not including MTs) challenges and the other stuff from the solution thread. It would be a nice way to end Extinction before Avanced Warfare and Destiny. Cause I'm sure ghosts lobbies will be a ghost town with all the new releases. I just want more teeth faster and easier, cause I want some cryptic slayer ammo before like September 30th, but it's not possible with this current system for me. 100 teeth upgrades and lower aren't as a problem, it's just the ones over 200 that are the big prob.

IconicHeadShot25

Fairwell N0cturn and thank you for putting some sense into me with my attitude against just about all lol. Hope to see you sometime in a lobby and in some forums. Have a good one bud.

AngryBus97

I understand very little as to why you are leaving, but I think it is a personal choice and this is a quick thanks to what you have brought here.

See you online.

witnessfig

Don't be so sensitive. Don't take your ball and go home. There are **** heads everywhere and when you put yourself out there you'll get all comers.