9 Replies Latest reply: Aug 12, 2014 9:43 PM by oRLsx317o RSS

Nov. 4th Hurry Up!

EgyptianPollock

Let's Go COD Advanced Warfare!

• Re: Senseless Updates. Stop the MADNESS!
          oRLsx317o

Dead Silence SHOULD counter Amplify; we don't need more stuff encouraging more people to sit in corners with Sitrep Pro reincarnated. Too much of that happens already. Or you can try to look at it from another perspective and take the names literally:

Dead Silence - footsteps should be SILENT

Amplify - simple; it AMPLIFIES noise

You can't amplify silence, because there's no noise there to amplify. Furthermore, Amplify gets enough usage out of the 80% of bad players in lobbies stomping around like baby elephants without DS, so you already have more than enough of an advantage. And yes I'd know, because I use Amplify a lot of the time.

Coming up against good players? You're not about to drop a KEM anyway, so drop it for Dead Silence only and focus on gunfight perks. Amplify is a luxury for "noob lobby" KEM classes, and it's fine as is.

EgyptianPollock

Then Blast Shield should protect against Danger Close. Point being, what it was designed and implemented to be used as has all of a sudden taken a turn. For what reason, I can't answer that. No one running at 100mph over wooded floor boards is gonna go undetected just because a Dead Silence perk. Let's get sensible hear. I'm not saying realistic but the game is far from that in many areas. Such as the Marathon perk. Who the hell runs like that non-stop and turns corners like Tron? But I digress. The Amplify perk was installed to counteract Dead Silence. Leave it as such. It was tweaked long ago, yes I recollect that. But however it was manageable. Now it's basically nonexistent. Quit jackin around with the game so much. It's not the perks that are the problems. Look at resolving security issues and hack jobs floating around.

TL_Bare_B_V2

No it shouldn't Blast Shield only cost 2pts Danger Close cost 4pts. Therefore DC should counter BS.

• Re: Nov. 4th Hurry Up!
                    oRLsx317o

I absolutely agree, the two point Blast Shield should counter the four point Danger Close, because it's an unnecessary troll perk and shouldn't ever not be counterable...but that's IW devs for you. They thought it would be a good idea to create this perk in the first place; let alone bring it back after the complaint from MW2.

Amplify wasn't added to counter Dead Silence; it was added to amplify footsteps, and hearing Dead Silence players was just one of the benefits. Sitrep Pro was a problem, and the Amplify of old was a problem, so it was fixed! Now it's never been better...rusher's perk > camper's perk.

Also, your statement about them releasing another DS/Amplify tweak to this latest update was BS. I played yesterday and could still hear DS players with Amplify just the same as I could last week, and I only have a pair of in-ear headphones plugged into my DualShock 4 for soundwhoring. It hasn't been changed.

EgyptianPollock

Dude you're delusional if you think the Amplified perk wasn't tweaked again. And I'm not using some garbo headset neither. Everyone I've played with and against has said the same thing about it. It doesn't matter how many points the perk is worth. Dead Eye is the most expensive perk on the list and yet it isnt even as effective as you would think. IMO the majority of what's on the list of perks is ridiculous but the point on Amp and DS is quite obvious. Dead silence users running last week and dead silence runners this week while I'm using Amplify has changed. The only evidence I had of it was on my Twitch account which I didn't make anything of it to provide differential evidence with it so I deleted them.

Do I still have good games, yes. Again, that's not my point. Point is, stop screwing with the game. You fix one thing or make a change, another problem or problem arises from that.

It's obvious that this change has helped you since you're so gung-ho in responding to this. And yes, Amplify was developed to counter Dead Silence. Are you kidding me? If a person didn't want to be frkn heard on a normal basis, they put on what? Dead Silence. If a person wanted to be able to hear the DS's, they put on Amplify. That is exactly what is used for. Now if you want to keep it real, I think that Amp should cost at least 3 perk points for how effective it was originally. So the question I ask is, if Amp wasn't never intended to counteract DS, then why the need to boost DS after the game has been tested long before release, and 3 months after release they increase DS strength with a boost, and now like 6 or 7 months later another boost for DS? Let me answer for you. I just read pages of people complaining about Amp being OP and thank God for the DS improvement. When the problem really wasn't the perk itself. The problem is that it's people, probably like yourself, who use almost every speed perk, drop shot and jump shot and do all the trickery the game allows, when this is supposed to be a war game. The way to beat amplify was and still is and what should only be the legitimate way and that is by crouching or crawling. But to say a character running through a puddle with extinction gear on and a LMG in hand is going to not be heard by and Amp user just because he has DS on is absurd!

oRLsx317o

Delusional? Nope, I've been using Amplify again today...I can still hear DS users when they're very close to me. In fact, I distinctly recall one moment tonight on Freight TDM where it saved me running through Owens on a 21 gun streak, and I heard the footsteps just loud enough that I had time to turn on the guy with a 5 sensitivity, though sadly I choked my KEM to the dog that was behind him. Obvious that this change has helped me? There was no change. Stop making assumptions; you're making yourself look ridiculous.

If it's supposed to be such a realistic war game, there wouldn't be an Amplify perk, or any perk, in the game to start with.

Seeing as we've dived straight into petty assumptions, let's dissect what you've written here so far. You've stated that CoD is supposed to be a war game and that speed perks are a problem as a result, yet you're complaining about a mystery tweak to Amplify, which is also a perk that doesn't make sense in terms of realism. Then, you've assumed that I'm one of those "problem speed perk" users, and gone straight on the defensive claiming that I'm being "gung-ho" in my response to you (HOW?), all because I'm calmly trying to remind you that you're complaining about literally nothing (no DS buff). In other words, you're a mad cuz bad camper that demands that IW provides more easy mode tools to place at your disposal.

Jk, I don't make assumptions about people I shared a couple of irrelevant online messages with. Tl;dr: no DS buff, end thread.

EgyptianPollock

And I've had my fair share of KEMS on many players. Good and bad ones. Didn't matter. It's not the case that I'm making here. It's just tiring that a person has to keep adjusting to something that wasn't broken in the first place. I mean if it wasn't a big deal to tweak it again, then why not list it on the update notes like everything else? Anyway, so long Ghosts. Let's see what AW is gonna be in a few months.

oRLsx317o

Also, DS and Amp were rebalanced a long time ago, making Amp virtually useless against DS unless you're rocking a mad expensive headset and they're right behind you. Unless they tweaked it a TINY bit more to make Amp 100% useless against DS...you're a bit late.