28 Replies Latest reply: Aug 13, 2014 11:49 AM by Harney05 RSS

Final MP Thoughts.

Neurotic3xits

So iv'e been playing Ghosts from the night of the launch up until about June when i decided to take a break after hitting the 8th prestige, and play some Black Ops instead for a while. The other day, i started playing Ghosts again for the first time in a couple of months, and i gotta say that the break i took from it made me realize a lot of things about the game. This post is going to be mostly about the game's Multiplayer as it's what i focus on the most, but i will quickly say that i never finished the campaign, mainly because i could not get into the story. I played the first few missions and got bored. Im sure i'll finish it someday, but it didn't impress me much. Extinction on the other hand is a decent game mode. Nothing i would ever play for hours on end, but it is fun going after the Achievements. Anyways, onto the subject of this post, and i will get straight to the point;

Ghosts is the second worst Call Of Duty game ever, with MW3 being the worst, in my honest opinion.

Now, when i first got the game at release, i thought it was a pretty great game. I thoroughly enjoyed the Multiplayer for the first few months i played it, but after that the game started to lose it's luster in my eyes. I don't really recall why i liked it so much at first, but for some reason i just did. Im not going to explain why i hate MW3 so much, as that's a different post for a different day. Regardless, let me break it down for you:

Guns: I don't know what it is about this game, but i really could not care less about 95% of the guns. I dunno, they all kind of feel the same to me personally. There isn't really any that stand out to me besides the FAD, Ripper and Vector, and even then they aren't anything amazing. It just felt really watered down in my opinion.

Maps: The maps in this game are really nothing special either. Maps like Seige, Stormfront and Stonehaven are just flat out garbage. I don't really understand what the point of having such huge maps was, but it just didn't work. There isn't one map that i like on here. Strikezone and Octane are OK, but past that there isn't going to be any i will remember (Aside from the MW1, 2 and 3 maps that were brought back in the DLCs, but those don't count).

Killstreaks: I believe in my heart of hearts that this game has the worst killstreaks of any of the previous COD games. Im not a fan of the whole "Strike Package" system as it is, but man did these killstreaks ever feel lame. The only cool one out of all of them to me would be the Juggernaut Maniac. Everything else just underachieves big time. The Loki absolutely blows, the Vulture is absolutely useless, and don't even get me started on the Guard Dog. It all just feels really standard.

Camo Challenges: I couldn't stand "leveling my gun" in MW3 to get camos, but that was nothing compared to these god awful challenges we are faced with now. None of the camo challenges are challenging, just extremely, extremely, annoying. Lean kills, no attachment kills, point blank kills, longshot kills, all of it is just horrible. I really wish we could just leave it as Headshots = Camos from the MW2 days, but that seems dead at this point.

I.E.Ds and god awful spawning: I don't really have to elaborate any further past that. Whoever thought that I.E.Ds were a good idea deserves to get fired. And after 9 months of the game being released, you would think that the whole spawning fiasco would have been resolved by now. Nope. It's gotta be one of the most depressing things ever when you spawn, get shot dead in 2 seconds from spawning, and then watching the killcam only to see you have been spawned literally right in front of your opponents face.

I am really starting to lose faith in Infinity Ward. I don't understand how they could go from such an incredible game in MW2, to where we are now with their last two releases. If the next Infinity Ward game is as bad as MW3 or Ghosts, im probably just going to quit buying their games. Treyarch has yet to let me down (with the exception of the disgrace that was the Target Finder in BO2), and i am keeping my fingers crossed for Sledgehammer to deliver this year, but i just expected so much more from Infinity Ward, knowing the potential they have to make a great game. Im going to hit max prestige on Ghosts, seeing as how im less than two prestiges away, but after that, there's a good chance i'll never play the game again.

-Rant over-

• Re: Final MP Thoughts.
          FaclonPower98

Yet you still play the game LOL

Neurotic3xits

How about actually reading the post?

FaclonPower98

What for? This is all your opinion mate.

You may not care about 95% of the guns but other people do. The guns are actually very balanced unlike Black Ops 2 where some guns in classes could easily outclass others. The sub machine guns were nothing compared to the PDW and MSMC and the same goes for the shotguns with the remington and ksg and with equipment like the bouncing betty and shock charge.

As for the maps, again it's your opinion. Whilst you may think Strikezone is ok, it is actually the Ghosts fan favourite, otherwise why would they include it in the 24/7 playlist and not any of the other maps. Some huge maps actually do work fine such as Freight, Warhawk, Prison Break and Octane too. If they didn't people wouldn't vote for them majority of the time they come up whereas with maps such as Seige and Stonehaven and Chasm they are only selected occasionally as I personally haven't been put into these maps majority of the time I am randomly put into a game that has already started.

So the Killstreaks are not super powerful, would you rather them be OP like they was in Black Ops 2 with you getting killed left right and centre? Oh look it's the swarm, better go into a building, killstreaks like that encourage camping where you not dare to step outside so I say Ghosts killstreaks are a good thing because you still have that 1 powerful streak but majority are not made to be too powerful to the point where you not dare to go out into the action.

The camo challenges present NEW challenges. Would you rather have the same ****? Well it seems so due to the fact about you complaining about the huge maps, killstreaks, guns and camo challenges so far which all present new things in each category so you must just want the same thing every year huh? Oh boy your going to absolutely HATE Advanced Warfare then. Nevermind, the older Call of duty's with the same old same old will always be there waiting for you.

You complain about things such as the IED's and spawning when spawns is something that gets complained about almost every year with call of duty?! And as for an IED there's a perfectly matched equivalent to that and that is the Bouncing Betty from older call of duty's. And BOTH were instantly killing enemy's and BOTH have been nerfed to the point where you can avoid death by doing a certain thing. If you are STILL complaining about something that has been made EASIER for you then you are just terrible at the game.

Spoiler Alert!

The game isn't going to change for you.

LVLikeG

He said multiple times throughout his post that it is his opinion.  The entire post is about his thoughts on the multiplayer and he made that clear.  It seems like you get angry and fanboy out every time someone says something negative about a game you like.

Neurotic3xits

I'm glad that there's a rational person on this forum. Thank you.

FaclonPower98

It seems like you always have to counteract me whenever I disregard Black Ops 2.

LVLikeG

That's not true at all.  I was not a big fan of Black Ops 2 and do not have any vested interest in defending it.  For some reason, you felt the need to reiterate that it was opinion when he stated it many times.  You then felt the need to try to make Ghosts sound better by bashing what you believe were problems in BO2.  Those are just your opinions as well.  The difference is that you didn't state they were opinions (although I realize they were).  Not to mention how you were completely wrong with your statement about how no smg could compete with the pdw and msmc.  It just simply isn't backed up by the weapon statistics.  You also referred to the BO2 streaks as being op.   Look at what it took to earn those streaks and compare them to other games.  You could stay indoors for 45 seconds and completely neutralize the effect of the most powerful streak in the game. I'm not sure what made you think that the ied is a perfectly matched equivalent to the betty.  Maybe you've never used them. 

Neurotic3xits

That had to be one of the most ignorant and under thought out responses iv'e seen all day.

1. The guns are balanced, sure, but it doesn't change the fact that none of them stand out. The Black Ops 2 comparison is your opinion, just like my entire post was my opinion. I feel like that entire statement is B.S., but once again, your opinion.

2. Are you seriously going to sit here and tell me that Octane and Warhawk are "huge" maps? Wow, someone's new to the franchise i see. Hell, Prison Break and Freight aren't even that big either. It's atrocities like Siege and Stonehaven that are huge maps, and very unnecessary maps. Playing a game of TDM on Siege is just painful, seeing as how half the time it goes to a time out.

3. Killstreaks SHOULD be overpowered, and yes, i would much rather the killstreaks be that way. That way you are rewarded for outplaying others, making killstreaks actually mean something. The sad reality is with these weak killstreaks in Ghosts, i could not care less if i go on a streak or not, the killstreaks are horrible and dont mean anything.

4. If you want my response to that, look down below to a response i made to Shadowelite, im not re-typing all of it. I want the exact opposite as a matter of fact. Tell me, aside from the customization options, field orders, and a change to the perk system, what exactly about the game is different from Infinity Ward's last game, MW3? Exactly. THERE'S NOTHING NEW OR EXCITING TO THE GAME. Doing stupid a*s challenges like "lean kills" and "point blank kills" shouldn't amount to a gold gun. Where is the skill in that?

5. This is where you are just flat out wrong. Comparing IEDs to Bouncing Betties is like comparing apples to rocks. Betties were able to be countered from day one. Go to prone when it goes off, and you are safe. It wasn't the easiest thing to do at times, but at least there was a sure fire way to counter it. Sure, IEDs have been nerfed a bit, and maybe they arent as bad as they were, but don't give me the B.S. about how they are the same. As far as spawning, you are damn right that im going to complain about it year after year IF THEY DON'T FIX IT. Why should i be happy about spawning directly infront of someone's face? Im not expecting perfect spawning every time, but the spawning in Ghosts was absolutely ridiculous, and that's a fact. If Advanced Warfare has the same problem, then you bet i'm going to complain about it, like i rightfully should.

So there's one fanboy down, who's next?

FaclonPower98

1. Guns being balanced is BETTER than having having certain OP guns and the rest not so good because it means you can do well with all weapons. You're trying to make out as if it is a bad thing when infact it is a good thing. No it's not my opinion, both the PDW and Remington were overpowered because they were nerfed and that is therefore a fact.

2. No don't assume, I am not new to the franchise but I am just saying not all big maps are bad. Those maps I mentioned are not small though are they?

3. Did you read my point? Overpowered killstreaks encourages camping and that is a fact. What you're saying about the weak killstreaks in Ghosts is just your opinion.

4. Where is skill in getting rewarded for getting a certain amount of kills with a red dot sight? And Lean and point blank kills are stupid? More challenging than all the other challenges where you just have to get a kill with an attachment that makes it easier for you anyway. Well what kind of new challenges do you want?! Get 40 kills while jumping in the air!?

5. Bouncing Betty's had to be nerfed too. I find it funny how you think none of my Black Ops 2 comparisons are correct when everything I mentioned had to be nerfed, if it was able to be countered so easily then why did Treyarch decide to nerf it hmm? So yes I will compare the two. Oh no someone spawned in front of your face! I'd rather that than getting spawn trapped like on Black Ops 2.

Besides, it's just a game.

Neurotic3xits

This will be my final response to you, because in all honesty, it hurt me to read that response;

1. It is your opinion. There is nothing factual to that statement whatsoever. Just because a gun is nerfed, does not mean it was overpowered. If one gun gets nerfed, other guns must also be adjusted so that they dont BECOME overpowered. It's a simple concept, and yes it is your opinion.

2. I never said they are small, nor did i say that all large maps were bad. Whiteout for example is tolerable, and it is one of the biggest maps in the game aside from Stonehaven and Siege, and it is OK due to the construction of it. At least there is somewhat of a traffic flow involved.

3. Once again, that is not a fact whatsoever. Do you not understand what a fact is? It doesn't matter if a killstreak is "overpowered" or not, ANY COD game that has killstreaks will contain people who camp for them. It doesn't matter if its a Loki, Swarm, Chopper Gunner, K9 Units or anything. There will be campers, therefore, "overpowered" killstreaks dont induce camping; killstreaks in general induce camping. So once again, your opinion, not a fact.

4. I never claimed that RDS kills required skill, but what i am saying is getting Headshots require skill, accuracy and precision. I don''t know a single person aside from you who has defended the idiotic "lean kill" challenge. Congrats.

5. Yes, Betties were nerfed, but at least they were still somewhat avoidable from the launch of the game. It wasn't the easiest thing to do, but at least it was possible. At launch, if you ran into an IED without any protection, you were dead, plain and simple. As far as spawn trapping goes, that was simply a result of your team doing horrible 90% of the time. When you are spawned it front of someone's face, literally, there is nothing to blame but the game having horrible spawning.

And yes,i realize it's just a game, but its a lackluster game that shouldn't be a lackluster game, and as someone who spent hard earned money on it, i reserve the right to complain about it. Have a good life.

FaclonPower98

1. It's not my opinion, it's the whole community's opinion. You are claiming that when a gun is nerfed it is not necessarily viewed as overpowered. Then why the hell are they nerfed? It seems you tried to prove my point wrong but did not explain your point. People were complaining that guns in Black Ops 2 and Ghosts such as the PDW, Remington, Bizon and maybe some other ghosts weapons were killing people too quickly, basically going onto a rampage therefore they were nerfed. Community's views- Overpowered. Is the community wrong?

2. Thanks for proving my point that not all large maps in the game are bad. Because you DID claim large maps were bad.

"Maps like Seige, Stormfront and Stonehaven are just flat out garbage." Didn't read your own post? LOL

3. Nice job, you just miscomprehended my point there. I was infact stating like I did before in my previous post active killstreaks that are overpowered will encourage people to swarm into buildings hence camping.

4. I'm just saying there are far less challenging skills than the lean kill challenge. Get "XX" kills with grip attachment etc. Think before you blurt out that point ever again remember that.

5. Bouncing Betty's were only able to be avoided by very quick actions and whilst the IED may have been worse there is no large disparity between them at all therefore the bouncing betty in Black Ops 2 is the perfect comparison to the IED in Ghosts. Again, I'm just saying, besides a team being 90% bad can happen in any call of duty game yet spawn trapping occurs most FREQUENTLY in Black Ops 2. - Nothing to blame but the games horrible spawning. Your words.

A lackluster game is your opinionated view and your trying to talk to me...about not saying opinions are facts...please, I don't make that statement for no reason. Thanks for proving it. You have the right to voice your opinion correct, but careful how you word it, not like a fact. Yes my original statement was correct. E.G- My quote of your words up there about maps. You didn't state it was opinion, instead making it sound factual. Learn the definitions of the 2 words then come back and fulfil your right to complain about it please.

DEHII

Got to love these posts.

IED posts are great. You must have died from a few. There are ways to avoid this but apparently you wasn't willing to use perks to help you there.

Still playing at this point and the game sucks? C'mon man

Neurotic3xits

1. No perks can save you when you are playing Hardcore. And even while playing in the standard playlist, i have died plenty of times even while running Blast Shield, so don't give me the "wasn't willing to use perks" B.S. Not to mention SitRep is flat out useless in general.

2. Read the post this time.

DEHII

I read the post the first time. Quit playing the game since it's so bad.

With Sit Rep, the big orange IEDs are useless?

Neurotic3xits

I'll play it as much as i want, for starters. I never said that game itself was bad, just that it was the second worst COD ever. I'm less than two prestiges away from max, plus it's double xp weekend, so why would i stop now? Get it right. Second of all, how much help is SitRep when you begin shooting someone, they run away behind a corner, you chase them around it to finish them off,  only to walk right into an I.E.D right after they threw it? It doesn't matter what perks you have, by that point you are done. At least claymores weren't able to be thrown 10 feet. I.E.Ds may as well be C4 you don't have to detonate. Don't be so stupid.

Dumbass78

In reply to Neurotic3xits "1. No perks can save you when you are playing Hardcore" is incorrect - Blastshield takes 2 IED or explosive hits the 3rd will kill you. However if deployed by enemy using Dangerclose you die on 1st explosive hit be it C4, IED or launcher. Even in HC. I wouldn't know about Core.

I've spawned on an IED once and died on Subzero. If I did that to someone I'd be chuffed .

Shadowelite555

I have to disagree with you on some parts. The maps work for Ghost, as a whole package, they did good. A good variety of small and large. IEDs arent really that bad. Yeah, you die from them, but its not a spam fest everyone claims it to be.

Then there are some parts I agree with you. The killstreaks are rather lackluster. The camo challenges should just stay headshots only.

If we looked at Ghost as a standalone game, its pretty good, but when we compare it to MW1 or MW2, of course its going to look bad. The MW series was something that was entirely new at the time and no-one ever experienced anything like it. Thats why MW is regarded as the best, because it came first. If Ghost came first, then MW, then we say Ghost is better.

My overall score: 8.75/10

Neurotic3xits

I respect your opinion 100%, the only thing that i disagree with is the "MW is the best, because it came first" part. I personally feel that MW2 was better than the original MW. MW1 was great, don't get me wrong, but i felt that MW2 took it to a new level, and continued to revolutionize the franchise. This is why im so frustrated with Ghosts, because i see the potential that IW posses to make a good and revolutionary game. Ghosts just feels like a massive step backwards to me.

Shadowelite555

Well, I meant MW/MW2. Ghost does feel like a step backwards because of the comparison. We cant also forget about yearly deadlines. If IW had more time with the game, it could have been better and smoother.

DocChoi

Let's be honest, most players find MW2 to be the best CoD MP experience and many players still go back to that game from time to time. But every CoD will be compared to MW2 and if we try to change things all of a sudden its crap, while if we make it the same, it's recycled crap.

Take Ghosts at face value. Good hit detection, pretty fair balancing, noobs can pick up and play, great customization options. Yes there are issues with the game; but there is plenty of that in the other games. Eliminating Tactical Inserts were a great idea, it took pretty much all the boosting that goes on in the other games. MW2 was notorious for boosting to the point where I ended up playing FFA just to go troll boosters and ruin their Nukes. Yes, MW2 is a great game and I actually enjoy Ghosts a lot more as it taught me to be a smarter player who can't rely on having the fastest trigger finger.

Neurotic3xits

The best way for me to summarize my opinion on Ghosts is just that i feel like its really watered down. Everything is very basic. At face value, the game is OK in itself. I don't think that any COD game should be compared to MW2, but i feel like all of IW's games should be expanding off of it. At least with MW3, they attempted new things (Strike Packages, Gun Leveling, etc.). Like i said in my post, i hated both of them, but at least they tried to build off of MW2. Ghosts just feels uninspired to me. Aside from some extra customization options and field orders, what is there that is new or revolutionary? The only thing that IW did right with Ghosts in my opinion was the new perk system, and even then it's just a revamped version of BO2's "Pick 10" system.

Ghosts is also the only COD game where i'm not excited or motivated to get my Killstreaks. In all of the previous ones, you could start to feel the adrenaline going when you are about to get your top Killstreak award, but they are all so simple and lame that i really don't care about going on a streak or not. I think that that is where a lot of where my dissatisfaction with the game comes from. I don't even care about doing good or hitting these high streaks, i just want to level up, and move on.

Harney05

I wouldn't agree that MW2 was the best CoD experience to date, just like Ghosts, that game has plenty of flaws. It did revolutionize CoD, I'll give it that and the old team that made CoD4 which was perfect before they got fired. However, they tried to add in so many things that we were given the first classic example of why you shouldn't trust the CoD community, because they try to abuse everything. Many things just weren't balanced and I went back to CoD4 a lot during MW2 times. You can see that the development of the game started bleeding, IMO the lack of balance in MW2 contributed to MW3 being so dumbed down compared to MW2, they also fired almost half of the team and needed a new developer, and you know the rest. If you wonder what I mean is unbalanced, it's ranging from super OP weapons and killstreaks that encourage camping like the pavelow, chopper gunner, nuke, harrier, I could go on and then the ridiculous combos like Danger Close, Commando, OMA and unlimited noobtubes.

SPETSNAZ_MOCKBA

If you "just want to level up, and move on." then play Reinforce. Flag capping gives you 750 xp (1500 on double xp weekend), kills have higher xp payouts too. I'm not the fastest with my trigger finger (just like running real fasts), but I average 10-15k in xp per match. Some matches gave me over 30k in xp. It took 11 hours and some minutes of gameplay (per prestige) to clear prestiges 6 through 8 and 10 hours and some min. for the last prestige. I'll be hitting max prestige in a day or two.

As for the overall feel for Ghosts - I like it. I didn't play MW2 or MW3 so I can't compare, but next to BO1/2 it's a better gameplay for me personally.

Harney05

Thank you for this, however I would say the worst CoD to date is Ghosts with no other CoD looking as dull and horrible as this one. There are many ways  you can go to point out flaws, you've proven it. Treyarch does an amazing job at keeping their MP looking fun, fresh and competitive all at the same time, and I hope SH can do the same. I've played this game since release and reach 5th prestige before I quit, I will include my own personal review below:

Guns: They're overpowered, this isn't new, in MW2 we experienced the same thing but with even more pain because of Noobtubes and etc...

Maps: As someone who has been playing every CoD since CoD4, as arcade as every CoD has been, there is no need to make a ridiculous amount of big maps, if I wanted to play on big maps then I would go play Battlefield, big maps slow down the gameplay, in every CoD there has only been like 1 or 2 big maps, there rest from small to mid sized, and that's how it should always be to keep the game fast paced and fun.

Killstreaks: After Black Ops 2 there was obviously no necessity to continue doing killstreaks or pointstreaks, scorestreaks were superior in almost every way, it was made obvious that made the game without objective gametypes in mind or without taking a peek at Black Ops 2, they also had no mindset in competitive whatsoever, scorestreaks instead of being removed right away like in previous CoDs were allowed for the first time in MLG history, all gamemodes  that were popular in MLG BO2 including Hardpoint, S&D and CTF were removed. I haven't encountered any developer that is as blind to competitive as IW (they weren't back in MW2 and below); Treyarch, SH and even Bungie all have shown that they still listen to all of the community and don't cater to only casual gamers.

Camo Challenges: In every CoD camos have almost always been the same, Treyarch did have some camos that were worth fighting for like diamond camos and I'll give them credit for that, SH looks like they could be taking it to the next level with customization ( we sure hope so).

I.E.Ds and god awful spawning:  Obviously I.E.Ds were awful and abused as you would expect from the annoying CoD community. I'll speak about experience with domination spawns in this game, they were terrible, in Black Ops 2 when you capture 2 flags and push for the 3rd and capture it then at least the team starts spawning on the first flag that you captured, you can't the same about Ghosts as there was no spawn switch mechanism in place, Treyarch once again shows that they really take the time to fix frustrating issues and do something about it, IW shows the entire opposite.

Prestiges: There was no reward for reaching maximum prestige, what happened to the excellent idea by Treyarch to give you all of the weapons  and perks once you reach maximum prestige? Credits were also not worth fighting for, there was nothing truly rewarding.

Search and Destroy: Not only did they try to remove this amazing gametype for a new one when the game first came out, we're so many years into the CoD franchise and we still can't plant the bomb in Search and Destroy, this is ridiculous and unacceptable, what is this? CoD2?