9 Replies Latest reply: Aug 12, 2014 3:48 AM by ROXSTARUK RSS

Missing Ancestor Bug

Jon_the_Chief

So theres this bug in the new map Exodus where the Ancestor might not spawn when you do the second generator in the gas station. This is actually a big deal for people going for high scores because you could be missing out on over 30,000 score from Ancestor Bonus (9 Relic calculation included) which will make the difference between the number 1 spot and the number 10 spot. It ruined the run for one of my friends trying to get the world record for Exodus Hardcore Solo and i'm betting it will ruin future score runs as well. Has anyone else had this problem?

• Re: Missing Ancestor Bug
          SevenThug

No. I'm wondering if it has to do with the order in which you do the generators. Almost every single game I've done I have started on the right and worked my way left (opening through middle doors). I've never had any of these glitch issues that other people have.

witnessfig

Yes on solo runs. Also can't finish the game because the girl isn't there and can't activate the cortex thing to start the end of the game.

I think it's an order thing as well. Seems to only happen when I leave 1 door so as to avoid the rhino bit and activate generators going from house to garage to gas station.

AngryBus97

Yes I have had this glitch as well. Also, I am not sure if this is a part of it, but when this happened (it was co-op), Cross also didn't spawn at the end, and we couldn't complete the map at all.

Do you know if your friend got to the end? Or did he/she just back out based on his missing score? Also, if you or he/she don't mind naming, could you say who it was? Its just I might be friends with them also, and I would like some more discussion about it, since it is a severely game-breaking bug, especially, as you said, for score runs.

Stinky666

We had an Ancestor not die on the cortex section! Can't remember what challenge it was, but I think maybe "kill in 180 seconds", so obviously we pounded it like crazy, it started the animation to "explode", but then didn't.... and didn't die. We did get the cash for it though and we just had a dead (yet living) Ancestor there for the rest of the game. Luckily it did count and we did escape.

Jon_the_Chief

Me and my team just had this glitch happened to us and it ruined a good score run. We would of had a 657K score if the glitch didnt cause the game to end. Samantha Cross wasnt there also and so that actually caused the game to end. Please fix this glitch!

AngryBus97

Now, I've been doing the left door and then the two generators at the gas station straight away, so then if the glitch does happen I (if solo)/my team (if co-op) can restart instantly to not waste any score, let alone time. I think that's what some are going to have to stick to if they are dependent on a game, until it is fixed anyway, which I hope is in the next update.

JayCubz

Happened to me too. Other then the 2nd ancestor not spawning, that lady also didnt spawn and we had to end the game. Such a waste of an hour dangit.

ROXSTARUK

I had the opposite last night... I had the 4th ancestor appear at the cortex, I know someone has mentioned this before, I was really taking my time in a solo run so I guess that's why it happens?

I also has tons of "mini-ancestors" appear after I killed the first one. Every wave of cryptids that spawned had one with the ancestor icon above their head (this would be a scout or whatever), viewable through walls with about 3 pips of health.. I'm not complaining, it showed me where the enemy was spawning each time but it was weird nonetheless.