37 Replies Latest reply: Aug 21, 2014 3:05 PM by xoMrSLAVEox RSS

Anyone Hyped?

So it's almost here, the world reveal of the advanced warfare multiplayer.

What are everyones thoughts? Anyone hyped?

I'm hoping they give a full multiplayer reveal showing proper gameplay and I look forward to see what Sledgehammer have planned.

It should be quite interesting.

• Re: Anyone Hyped?
          myevo8you

Not expecting too much. Sledgehammer was led into the franchise by IW which means the game is probably going to be just as bad as Ghosts or (GASP) even worse.

I would love to be pleasantly surprised and see it more like Treyarchs games, or more along the style of COD4. However with the exoskeletons, jump suits, double jumps, etc. this will probably be the first COD I pass on. I have played every COD since the original on PC, but with the past 2 IW releases (MW3 and Ghosts) the franchise has almost been totally ruined.

It all comes down to the multiplayer reveal.

I'm gonna check out some youtube vids of it too.

Hopefully it isn't a disappointment.

YoungxWeezy

Just so u know Sledge Hammer had more input than IW in multiplayer of MW3. I think that game is the best CODS made. Just because of the variety and the fact that you can do good with any thing in the game. Sledge Hammer also made Dead Space 3. Which was also a really good game. If Sledge Hanmer can do a good job by inputting community ideas like really good and a huge variety of streaks, that would be a really great game. I'm actually a little more excited for this game just because it's a new type of COD. You might have to relearn how to play which is great.

VertigoZr0

I almost completely agree here. IW has gone down hill since their former ceo and staff had a falling out. they just sem to turn out the same game since modern warfare 2 just with different guns and costumes. Seems lazy. i am however looking forward to what treyarch will be bringing to the table as they at least seem to put fresh ideas out there. IW will never top MW2 as that was prob their best release ever. great game that was. not holding my breath for sledghammer. not sure im gonna enjoy a mixture of COD and tianfall with jet packs and PEW PEW guns. what ever happened to good ol espionage and tactic first persons? Just my two cents im sure no one cares just felt like putting it out there.

On a side note my buddy and i laughed our butts off after he made the comment about he hopes that sledgehammer incorporates a good side game like extinction or zombies to save face when their multiplayer sucked as bad as the last two IW releases. Cuz lets face it thats really the only thing that kept the disc in our boxes after the nerd modding dorks took over multiplayer... or in ghost case just got boring. Extinction is good. thank god i feel like im getting my moneys worth with this sub game. Thank you Neversoft!!!

myevo8you

VertigoZr0 wrote:

I almost completely agree here. IW has gone down hill since their former ceo and staff had a falling out. they just sem to turn out the same game since modern warfare 2 just with different guns and costumes. Seems lazy. i am however looking forward to what treyarch will be bringing to the table as they at least seem to put fresh ideas out there. IW will never top MW2 as that was prob their best release ever. great game that was. not holding my breath for sledghammer. not sure im gonna enjoy a mixture of COD and tianfall with jet packs and PEW PEW guns. what ever happened to good ol espionage and tactic first persons? Just my two cents im sure no one cares just felt like putting it out there.

On a side note my buddy and i laughed our butts off after he made the comment about he hopes that sledgehammer incorporates a good side game like extinction or zombies to save face when their multiplayer sucked as bad as the last two IW releases. Cuz lets face it thats really the only thing that kept the disc in our boxes after the nerd modding dorks took over multiplayer... or in ghost case just got boring. Extinction is good. thank god i feel like im getting my moneys worth with this sub game. Thank you Neversoft!!!

A lot of people don't understand why I rank MW2 so low on my lists of favorite COD games. MW2 as an overall game was pretty darn good. The problem that I had with it was the lack of support and blatant cheaters and glitchers that pretty much ruined that game from about a month or so after it was released. The overall feel of the game was pretty good, but the amount of games that you could get into that were hacked were ridiculous. Had it not been for that MW2 would rank as #3 for me as the best COD games we have gotten. So far I have to say that my favorites in order are

1. COD4

2. BO1

3. W@W

4. BO2

5. MW2

6. MW3

7. Ghosts

Like I said MW2 would have been up to #3 had it not been basically ruined by the issues between IW and Activision.

starbuckfrack

I never played COD4. Wish I had during its lifetime.

Only played W@W about a few weeks and loved the killcams but couldnt yet get used to the game.

Otherwise besides the maps in MW2 making it higher on the list, that about sums it up.Oh and I remember quite a few games with the care package glitch going on but the other "hackers" never really paid much attention, if they were there I didnt notice it much. Its either that or the game is so long ago to me I forgot it like when you forget a major trauma.

starbuckfrack

VertigoZr0 wrote:

I almost completely agree here. IW has gone down hill since their former ceo and staff had a falling out. they just sem to turn out the same game since modern warfare 2 just with different guns and costumes. Seems lazy.

IW rehire session...

Can you program ?

"I moved that mouse thingy on the screen once"

Have you ever played COD ?

"Whats COD" ?

Your hired

SitRepPro

Nope.  Might look at the game when it is out to see how the active camo works, might be similar to GRFS.

starbuckfrack

Never get hyped on what they tell you. Take it all as factual information what is there.

You get hyped , then the game doesnt meet your expectations, then you get mad because they hyped you for nothing, then you wait for the next "superman" to save you in the next COD game. And all because you believed the next COD game was going to save the series. And next year you will be one the forum saying the same old thing. (Not meaning YOU directly but you should get the idea) Hype me once shame on me, hype me twice shame on you.

Now what I DO wait for is too see only what types of weapons will be in the next MP version of the game , but to think anything beyond what they show you any thoughts beyond what they actually show you that would be my fault for believing in it.

Yeah I've been aware for a while never to get hyped for anything (learned on the form of movies being a disappointment), the thing that I am really wanting to see is how their adaption will fit into the multiplayer being their inclusion of futuristic technology.

The fact this cod is going to be so different than the others leaves me interested on how they are going to implement it.

But yeah I'm not overly hyped, I'll buy it and play it but won't expect it to be amazing.

starbuckfrack

Though I would say that would be pretty cool if you can Titanfall run all over the map. That would be something.

But having a new developer could really put out some great ideas or it could kill it.

gramthenOOb

I'm kinda excited, but a little nervous at the same time.  They're definitely pushing the exosuits in this game (they've all but directly said it at this point), and after watching the already released videos, it'll turn the COD system of movement around completely.

The one thing I'm fearful of is having AW become a case of "If you master the jumpshot, you will go far in this game".  We know the exosuits will have increased jumping abilities, so I just hope they've properly accounted for the inevitable rush of players trying do jump shot people from 20ft in the air at launch.

One thing I don't want is scuf players to have an unfair advantage in the case of the super jump ability.

myevo8you

gramthenOOb wrote:

I'm kinda excited, but a little nervous at the same time.  They're definitely pushing the exosuits in this game (they've all but directly said it at this point), and after watching the already released videos, it'll turn the COD system of movement around completely.

The one thing I'm fearful of is having AW become a case of "If you master the jumpshot, you will go far in this game".  We know the exosuits will have increased jumping abilities, so I just hope they've properly accounted for the inevitable rush of players trying do jump shot people from 20ft in the air at launch.

Let's not forget about the active camo that already has been confirmed also. Double jumping invisible players. ........ Sounds AWESOME.... /sarcasm

PinkBootsOn

myevo8you wrote:

Let's not forget about the active camo that already has been confirmed also. Double jumping invisible players. ........ Sounds AWESOME.... /sarcasm

I've not really paid much attention to what's been going on with AW.  But that, really doesn't sound like CoD, to me.

I'm all for innovation, fresh ideas and forward thinking, but i'm concerned thy're straying too from from the original recipe that made Call of Duty, so popular in the first instance.

SitRepPro

Active camo is in Crysis and Ghost Recon so not really a fresh idea.   I like the fact they are at least looking at different approaches, since copy and paste is an argument against COD (even though all shooters take ideas from each other anyway).

Dicemann

Nope, I'm putting my money on this title being the worst received to date..

I really don't see myself purchasing AW, I'm not even bothered about the MP reveal. CoD has either lost its way, or they're catering to a new breed of player. I've not been impressed with the last two installments, and nothing I've seen of AW so far, has been of interest.

I'm thinking pastures new for me.

RIPCoD

iamyourfather

not really hyped, but i am interested and will get the game no matter what

gypsyfrogking

i just watched the multiplayer reveal and im glad i did so that i can avoid it, it looks like a really bad titanfall ripoff that i can also say im glad i didnt buy, the maps that they have shown the graphics look very basic, the whole exo skeleton thing is a joke, the audience at the reveal looked a lot less excited about game after the reveal than they did at the start

FedFifa

I am with you. That looks like cheap garbage to me. I started laughing at the super jump backwards over the bridge/cliff to get behind the guy to kill him. It looks like a Titanfall/Halo mix. So many things in that clip could be exploited. Here is gamespot.com descriptions of some changes and abilities in the game.

Abilities:

• "Boost jump" -- jump much higher than in the past
                                                  • "Slam" -- an air-to-ground melee attack
                                                  • "Boost dodge" -- dodge while on the ground
                                                  • "Boost dash" -- move quickly in a direction while in mid-air
                                                  • "Boost slide" -- slide while on the ground
                                                  • Exo abilities are selectable within Pick 13 (see below) and are usable for as long as battery power is available
                                                  • "Exo cloak" -- turn at least partially invisible
                                                  • "Exo shield"
                                                  • "Exo cover"
                                                  • "Exo launcher"
                                                  • Super punch -- rather than using a knife, you can punch an enemy player to death

Player Customization:

• XP still exists and is the "backbone" of the ranking system
                                                  • Create-an-Operator lets you customize the look of your character, including your head, helmet, exoskeleton, gloves, and boots
                                                  • Pick 13 system replaces Pick 10
                                                    • You can select up to four score streaks or none at all, giving you more room to select Exo suit abilities or other items
                                                    • Scorestreaks can be customized to make them more powerful; doing so doesn't cost Pick 13 points
                                                    • Co-op scorestreaks let players work together, like allowing two players to make use of a flying vehicle
                                                  • Virtual firing range allows you to try out your custom loadout without having to go into a multiplayer match
                                                  • Virtual Lobby -- show off your character in the lobby, allowing you to view other players' look and loadout
                                                  • Supply drops -- rewarded through things like in-game challenges and time played; rewards you with weapons, special care packages
                                                    • Three rarity levels: Enlisted, Professional, and Elite
                                                    • Weapon loot -- custom weapons that modify weapons' base stats
                                                    • Character gear will also be available, allowing you to customize your look as part of the Create-an-Operator feature
                                                    • Thousands of rewards available and billions of possible combinations

Modes:

• 12 multiplayer modes on day one
                                                  • CTF, Search & Destroy, Hardpoint all returning
                                                  • Round-based Domination
                                                  • Uplink -- new mode where two teams fight for control of a drone that can be passed between players

Maps:

• Maps have dynamic elements, such as water from the ocean flooding a level when a tsunami rolls in
                                                  • Four maps announced today:
                                                    • Biolab -- set in a bioengineering laboratory
                                                    • Riot -- set in a prison in Baghdad
                                                    • Ascend -- set in a space elevator terminal
                                                    • Defender -- set in San Francisco next to the Golden Gate Bridge, features the aforementioned tsunami
                                                  nicedrewishfela

Everyone here- Advanced Warfare Forums is. Join the conversation.

myevo8you

After watching the MP reveal I have mixed feelings. However I am cautiously optimistic. Here are my reasons.

Modes really don't matter that much to me as I can play just about any mode and usually find 1-2 per game that I can play and have fun with.

I do like the look of the game and am REALLY GLAD that the maps look more like a Treyarch game rather than the drab boring flat palette that IW uses. I also like the fact that scorestreaks are making a return instead of killstreaks. Loving there are no more support or specialist streaks. The pick 13 system is basically identical to BO2 as now with the 13 you can use up to 3 of those for scorestreaks, meaning if you use 3 streaks you still have 10 slots for weapons/etc.

During the reveal the players were scoring points for UAV assists, and other things so it looks like the system is VERY close to BO2 which is a GOOD THING.

Now my issues that may either make or break the game are 2 of the exosuits abilities. The cloaking and jumping. While the cloaking is very limited, it is something that I just don't see COD needing or ANY COD player wanting or asking for. So many issues with the way COD is played already and they added this ability to hide even further. The jumping. UGH. Now all the bunny hop drop shotters are going to have a field day with this and will probably be the bane of MANY threads.

Overall my interest is poked a little, but still not enough to pre-order. I am more inclined to buy the game now, but still having doubts.

starbuckfrack

Just saw the MP reveal. Best way so far is one the ONE thru the website in the IE app.

While I think its great that you got TF style jumps I will say this. First I actually like the total difference in gameplay shown. Not just the standard running around. That will help the game feel cooler for me.

I am expecting a LOT of players to hate it for many reasons.  One of those is from the VERY obvious gameplay difference in the MP reveal. So now you people cant complain when the game comes out and its totally different.

For example in the MP reveal you can see major Halo style jumping but even in a LAB based game (which I am assuming it is in the video0 You can see a lot of OHKs (in the players POV) from shotguns and stuff from across the map.

myevo8you

starbuckfrack wrote:

Just saw the MP reveal. Best way so far is one the ONE thru the website in the IE app.

While I think its great that you got TF style jumps I will say this. First I actually like the total difference in gameplay shown. Not just the standard running around. That will help the game feel cooler for me.

I am expecting a LOT of players to hate it for many reasons.  One of those is from the VERY obvious gameplay difference in the MP reveal. So now you people cant complain when the game comes out and its totally different.

For example in the MP reveal you can see major Halo style jumping but even in a LAB based game (which I am assuming it is in the video0 You can see a lot of OHKs (in the players POV) from shotguns and stuff from across the map.

Not sure about if they were one hit kills, or just poor video transfer. If you go and look at some footage of people on youtube that record gameplay, they show up having those kills with them even commenting that it wasn't that quick in real time. Either way, the less TTK is a GOOD thing. The people that whine and complain about lag and having to shot 6-7 bullets (or more) into someone don't realize that when the hit registration is crisp, the TTK seems a lot shorter than usual. Most guns kill in 2-3 bullets, especially with a headshot in the mix and when you are firing a gun that shoots 300 rounds per minute (or 5 rounds per second) then you literally have a half second or less to react which most humans simply cannot do.

I am LOVING the fact that they are taking a more Treyarch style approach to the game. MUCH, MUCH, MUCH better than IW's style.

Dav8or

Looks like Ghosts and Halo had a baby. Everybody better get real good at jump shots. That will be the whole game in nutshell. Looks like a load of button combos. I hate button combos. If I choose to get this game, I'm totally getting a Scuf controller. I doubt you can be anywhere close to competitive without either that, or keyboard and mouse.

I like the look of it, but the game play turns me off. If I wanted to play Halo, I'd play Halo, right? I play COD for a reason, because it doesn't have a load of crazy super jumps, gimmicks like energy shields, invisibility cloaks and X-Ray vision and God knows what else. Although admittedly, COD has been creeping this direction for a while now and I'm still here. If this is just Halo set on earth, it could actually break the franchise IMO. They may be taking a big risk.

Dumbass78

Scuf could be the reason this game is aimed at the pros. I doubt I'll pay a 3rd of the price I paid for a console for 1 controller. MS should have the scuf paddles on the stock controller IMO

xoMrSLAVEox

I was until i saw that MP reveal. Its close to titanfall with shittie cloak and boost jumps

Adeeez100

Ttk is insanely fast again, there will be never ending nerf this, buff that, change the other happenings. "Snipers", not trying to offend or create bad feelings but some will understand. Either get a scuff or be left in the dust, stock wont cut it in this game. I admire their creativity and hard work, but ultimately, not sure this one is for me, seems as if it could be very rage inducing.

AlteredVista

I have really enjoyed Ghosts, and I will probably come back to it from time to time. However, I am definitely looking forward to all the changes and it seems like Sledgehammer is doing a terrific job at pleasing all different factions of the community. I will be using the burst rifle at launch...and hoping it doesn't get nerfed to oblivion like the MSBS. Yep, still salty about that one -_-

ErUPtiON

This will be the first CoD release since CoD4 that I will not be getting on launch. I will wait for all the "I want my money back" threads before I make a decision on this one. Maybe I will be surprised for the first time in 3 releases with all the "Best CoD yet" threads.... but I doubt it.

Sad that Treyarch got bumped back a year....

starbuckfrack

I am one the fence about this one. I probably will still get it beforehand due to the Day Zero Edition that was available. I know I am taking a big chance but I know within a month or so I will still wind up getting it regardless of the posts.

No offense to some of the regulars here but regardless if the next game is the perfect COD for almost everyone, the chance of getting a "Thank You" on the forum is still extremely rare. Its always going to be more negatives on the forum. From what I see "for example" is that its very rare for a customer at a restaurant to call back and repeat how great that service was.

And Yeah for some reason too I prefer TreyArch.

myevo8you

starbuckfrack wrote:

I am one the fence about this one. I probably will still get it beforehand due to the Day Zero Edition that was available. I know I am taking a big chance but I know within a month or so I will still wind up getting it regardless of the posts.

No offense to some of the regulars here but regardless if the next game is the perfect COD for almost everyone, the chance of getting a "Thank You" on the forum is still extremely rare. Its always going to be more negatives on the forum. From what I see "for example" is that its very rare for a customer at a restaurant to call back and repeat how great that service was.

When people are happy, they stay busy with the things that make them happy.

I think the thing with Treyarch games is that the whole "flow" of the game feels smoother. If you look back at MW3 and Ghosts the maps are a chaotic maze and multi level disasters. Treyarch games provide enough flow in their maps to allow pretty much any playstyle without making it feel like the map is dictating how you can play. MW3 and Ghosts seem to have gone to a dull color palette where blending in is too easy and you can pretty much hide in plain sight.

With what you said about how MW2 was, and how you didn't get to play COD4 in it's heyday I feel like you missed out on the best game in the series. MW2 with it being "new" to you it was probably hard to see the hackers/glitchers and not really knowing what to look for would have made it virtually impossible for you to know.

starbuckfrack

myevo8you wrote:

starbuckfrack wrote:

When people are happy, they stay busy with the things that make them happy.

I think the thing with Treyarch games is that the whole "flow" of the game feels smoother. If you look back at MW3 and Ghosts the maps are a chaotic maze and multi level disasters. Treyarch games provide enough flow in their maps to allow pretty much any playstyle without making it feel like the map is dictating how you can play. MW3 and Ghosts seem to have gone to a dull color palette where blending in is too easy and you can pretty much hide in plain sight.

With what you said about how MW2 was, and how you didn't get to play COD4 in it's heyday I feel like you missed out on the best game in the series. MW2 with it being "new" to you it was probably hard to see the hackers/glitchers and not really knowing what to look for would have made it virtually impossible for you to know.

Exactly. What sucks with MW2 and MW3 you only have that one gametype outside the campaign now which is the same thing over and over where you start from scratch. (see I play that so little cant remember the name) . Wish they all had bot support. Here is hoping for a redo of all the classics for the ONE. I would by them all in a heartbeat and hope they got Combat Training , etc. Remember that Quarry map in MW2 ? Excellent. variety for all gametypes.

I cant say Ghosts DOESNT make me happy. Its just COD needs more flavor. All it is right now is running around the map shooting people. Doesnt matter if its a new gametype, its still basically the same old thing. AW might be too. But its only 60 bucks and a game I can play online anytime the mood hits me.

At least Ghosts has a good "pretend" online feel with Squads and Private Match bots , etc , once the next one comes out . So I can get years off of it.

BF3 and BF4 they are on a time liimt, Titanfall, quite possibly in the future. But even still Titanfall will get boring regardless if they bring in full bot support. GTA5 still has a ton of replay value offline and online even if you want to just go around punching people.

As long as AW has a good amount of online bot playability when TreyArch takes over I will be happy. And the Ghosts maps are pretty well done as well. Good amount of difference in the feel of them even if they feel too big sometimes.