36 Replies Latest reply: Oct 9, 2014 9:40 AM by Imagemaker RSS

Squads Wargames difficulty levels have been removed...

Imagemaker

Since this weekends 2xp playlist update, the choice for Recruit or Regular has vanished and only Regular remains, why?

Is it set to remain like this?

When this playlist was first introduced it was fantastic with the choice of 4 difficulty levels, Recruit, Regular, Hardened & Veteran but a while ago (I believe it was when the first map pack came out) the ability to choose Hardened or Veteran were removed angering a countless number of players who liked those levels.

I was involved in that discussion at the time but Activision / Infinity Ward did nothing to satisfy the players (the very people who pay them money).

Hence I can only assume the same will happen here and we the players / buyers will once again be completely ignored but I will say what I have to say anyway.

I already know there is a similar discussion for the PS4 forum.

As I said at the beginning, the removal of all choice of how I like to play the game is not acceptable.

I was not going to buy the game at all until I tweeted Drift0r and several others to ensure I was able to play Squads by myself against and with entirely AI. So once I was assured of that I bought COD Ghosts a month after release as I did not want to play against the COD "real" players anymore after having suffered them since COD4.

Please, I beg Activision / Infinity Ward to bring back all difficulty levels as they were at first release or at very least as it was prior to this weekends playlist change.

I have now played 4 hours of the new "Regular only" Wargame just for the 2xp but I already want to break my Ghosts disc.

The bottom line? If, Squads Wargame remains as is with only Regular gameplay I will no longer play this game which will mean no more money for the makers and associates on the last map pack and current or future micro DLC.

It also means I cannot justify buying ANY future Call of Duty games as the promises made at release mean nothing and anything said cannot be trusted.

How can the community trust any organisation who produce Call of Duty games no matter who they are in the future?

But the biggest concern by far is they do not listen to us the community.

But please prove me wrong and fix this.

• Re: Squads Wargames difficulty levels have been removed...
          Slotcar

I have been commenting about this on the PC forums (this problem effects that platform as well), both here and on the Steam forum.  I agree -- it's absolutely ludicrous to take away the ability to control the Ai in Squads.  All that this does is take away the fun for everyone outside of a narrow range of skill.

As I said on another forum, this just isn't how you make a good game that lasts a long time with players.  ADDING features makes the game better.  Taking them away just further whittles down your audience.

My hope is that this was an accident, but given that it was no accident when they removed hardened and veteran modes from Squads Wargame (they reported that this was intentional), I don't have my hopes up very high.

If anyone from IW/Activision is reading this, PLEASE give us back the ability to control the difficulty in Squads Wargame.  The game is just not as fun for people who don't play that often, and it's not as challenging for people that play a lot.

PS.  Some explanation of how the difficulty is determined in Squads Assault mode would be nice as well.

Schoat333

Agreed. I usually play on regular, but when my friend and I get too many beers, we switch to recruit since we just get destroyed on regular at that point. I would rather see them remove one of the safeguard options. We don't need three of those.

The other problem I have is normally they double the max xp in squads, but also give you the double xp per kill/capture etc. This time all they did was double the max xp. I am not getting actual "double xp" in squads mode.

Imagemaker

I created this discussion after I replied to a comment on the support page. Naturally the support guy was not happy and very blunt about telling the origininator of the post that he should have posted on whichever platforms forum he uses.

I replied to the support person stating that the problem support needs to address is we need either to have a forum which covers all platforms OR a way discussions like this can easily be identified and linked because by doing it "properly" the problem gets diluted up to six times (PS4, PS3, XBOX ONE, XBOX 360, PC, Wii) which is ridiculous and does not emphasise to anyone the true scale of such cross platform concerns.

Imagemaker

Ok, I tried playing this "game" again but it really really is no fun anymore.

I will wait till after the 2xp is finished and see if it has returned to how it was and if not it is going in the bin.

That will only frustrate me more because COD is why I first got a PS3 back for Xmas 2007 hence my fury toward the current management will be unsurmountable!

I will not buy any more "Call of Duty" games ever! The days and days of my life and money wasted on this one is too much to bear.

Imagemaker

Well 2xp is over. game still has only the "Regular" selection which is ridiculous in itself as there is no other choice, it should just go straight into Wargame after you select that mode.

But my disc has now been broken and resides in the bin.

I have no intention of buying any future Call of Duty titles because the community have never been listened in the many forum posts on this subject in the past or present and has been the case for earlier COD games no matter what the discussion relates to, so enough is enough.

It seems that it is now all about Clans.

The game owners, developers etc. have more than enough money not to care about any other customer.

Goodbye COD for good!

Ezed23

Agrees  100%, Imagemaker hits it on the head !   We the consumers should have a  choice, one choice is forced and boxed in

We that play for fun do not have  a chance to level as quickly as stated, it takes forever, and the bots are too hard, they kill you in one or two shots form across the map....its not fun to play anymore, and like ImageMaker, I feel like breaking my disk.

This will also impact my  decisions on buying future games....Bring back choices, bring back recruit !!!     

bonger

I think many of us are near disc breaking... I may use mine as a coaster, bring it around to parties in it's cool steelbook case, pull it out, set drink on it.

But seriously...Fix the Game Please!!! OMG, how many people have said PLEASE to you guys to fix this and you ignore us?

Are you enjoying watching the AI bots you created pad their stats? Their tracking abilities are amazing! and, oh yeah..

bonger

Agreed, agreed, agreed!!! It has become a matter of P.R. for me now as I feel totally ignored from a company that has recieved considerable coin from me.

As I too was told my OP should not be in the support forum I posted again in the PS4 forum. When I questioned the other poster as to whose authority he had to tell me where to post and that he should just trying being helpful instead of a jerk... he shutup....hmmm?? So I put my post back in the support forum...

WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO SQUADS DIFFICULTY SETTINGS?

Here was my other post as well...

What has happened to Squads Difficulty Settings?

Imagemaker

Very well said.

What I cannot fathom is why?

No-one has ever even come forward to tell us why the original 4 levels were filtered to just two and now only one.

It cannot possibly be because people were using it to level up super fast then playing multi-player with full 10th Prestige because:

1. The XP you earn in Squads Wargame is limited.

...and...

2. At launch of the game, the developers themseilves made a big deal of the fact that is exactly what you can do with Squads.

If anyone ever decides to bother with us Squad playing customers, can you please at least give us an explanation behind removal of difficulty options.

..and yes, I did say PLEASE again.

Schoat333

Hardened and Veteran were removed so they could add The DLC wargames and safeguard playlist, and also the safeguard infinite option. Recruit was removed so they could add the Strikezone 24/7 playlist in multiplayer.

IMO they should remove one of the three safeguard options, and add back in wargames recruit.

Imagemaker

Ah, well I am in complete agreement with you there.

Mulit-player favoured over Squads as I suspected and I bet not near so many people play Safeguard.

Once again IW / Activision PLEASE sort out Wargame and I may even buy a 2nd hand game again.

Slotcar

Schoat333 wrote:

Hardened and Veteran were removed so they could add The DLC wargames and safeguard playlist, and also the safeguard infinite option. Recruit was removed so they could add the Strikezone 24/7 playlist in multiplayer.

IMO they should remove one of the three safeguard options, and add back in wargames recruit.

I don't follow what you're saying here.  Why would the addition of the DLC wargame and safeguard playlists require the removal of any difficulty settings?  Similarly, why would the addition of a Strikezone 24/7 playlist in MP require Recruit to be removed from Squads-Wargame?  I don't understand what one has to do with the other.

Schoat333

As with all COD games to date, there is a limited number of playlist options they can allow for online. Since both squads and multiplayer modes user the online listening servers, they have to move or drop something when they add something new. This has always happened with multiplayer playlists in the past, but with the addition of squads mode in ghosts, it is now included in the total number of online playlists. Of course they are going to cut the squad mode options instead of multiplayer game modes.

Bingo, they cannot just willy nilly add at a whim. Something new added, something old is removed to make room or moshed to make room.

Slotcar

trialstardragon wrote:

Bingo, they cannot just willy nilly add at a whim. Something new added, something old is removed to make room or moshed to make room.

What determines what the limit is -- i.e. where does the limit come from?  Isn't IW/Activision in complete control of this?  Can't the game designers program the game to offer as many or as few game modes as they want?  I don't understand why there would be any limitation to this, and why they wouldn't program the game with a much higher limit just to deal with this situation.  Why not create listening servers that are slightly more capable?

That said, leaving only ONE difficulty level in wargames essentially kills the entire mode for a lot of people.  The absolute minimum should be two modes, with one mode being an "easy" mode for people who either aren't familiar with the game or who simply don't play enough to get good at the "regular" level.  I'm sure that there are other things they could drop if this was in fact necessary.

On that note, where is the information about this limit coming from?  I've never heard or read about this.

Thanks.

bonger

This should in no way affect the difficulty choices of shooting AI bots. You delete game modes NOT difficulty options. What a backwards train of thought that is...no other game does this.

Schoat333

You do realize that they match you with other people in that same difficulty right? Sure, you can choose play now, and only play the bots, but there is also a find game options to matches you with other real players.

Squads mode is not the same as a private match against bots. There is a reason it has to search for matches when you choose it. The "Squad" members are bot controlled, but they are on the COD Online servers, not local. This means it is an "online playlist".

I'm mad that we are losing difficulty setting too. Just explaining why it happens. Like I said, why do they cut wargames difficulty playlists instead of safeguard modes?

bonger

You do realize that NOT ONCE did I mention playing against real players?  Wargame is against bots. (As a side note,a little off topic...don't even get me started on your 'matchmaking' theory of people with same difficulty. That ain't happening.NEVER has, NEVER will.)

Your theory of why it happens is so bogus we nearly wet our pants in laughter. It's a difficulty selection I'm talking about here, not a game mode like Safeguard,Blitz or Cranked. The same as when you play single player....you pick how hard you want AI to be.

Squads mode IS the same as private except you don't rank up and achieve xp. The devs have to be altering the AI squad bots then too if they are on the servers as that is the only explanation as to the amazing tracking abilities and all the other skills they have aquired.

I'd also like to know where you are getting your information from.

Schoat333

I see you have some comprehension difficulties so let me spell it out for you. I did not mention anything about matchmaking in the way you seem to think I did. I am only stating facts, not theories.

Wargames Find a game = you and other real players that selected the same difficultly level "playlist" matched together against bots. When there were difficulty options, and you selected recruit, you are only teamed up with other players that selected the same difficulty level. If you selected recruit, you would not be matched with people that selected regular. Understand? Probably not.

Wargames play now = just you and your squad against bots. However, it is tied to the same online playlist, so if find a game goes, so does play now. If you don't understand this, you should not be commenting. You are making yourself look like an idiot.

bonger

This is what you said about matching with players...

"but there is also a find game options to matches you with other real players." (it's pretty clear what you meant here, however, you have no idea what I think you meant)

The fact, (??..according to who, you? roflmao!!), is it DOES NOT 'Match' you with other players.... If someone is 10 for example, no way should they be matched with a room of prestige players...BUT...THIS IS NOT THE TOPIC HERE (Never was)..So let that go or start another post about my comprehension difficulties and your matchmaking 'facts' and see how that goes....Moving On...

You said...

"Wargames Find a game = you and other real players that selected the same difficultly level "playlist" matched together against bots. When there were difficulty options, and you selected recruit, you are only teamed up with other players that selected the same difficulty level. If you selected recruit, you would not be matched with people that selected regular. Understand? Probably not."

GENIUS... That's the whole point!!! That is everyone's point here!! That is everyone's point in all the other similar posts!! If I only want to play recruit, I should have that choice, If I want to play Veteran, I should be given that option too. Again you mention real players of which I am not even talking about, but if i did choose to play with a friends or other people, I get we have to pick to same skill level....again , my whole point Einstein...there is NO CHOICE anymore. And if  I did select Recruit, why would I want to be matched against regular players anyway and vise versa? That is pretty clear Captain Obvious.

Then you said...

"Wargames play now = just you and your squad against bots. However, it is tied to the same online playlist, so if find a game goes, so does play now. "

This is total nonsense.  How is what difficulty I want to play got to do with playlists?...it shouldn't, no other game I can think of has had a need or reason to do this. Play now is also NOT just me and my Squad. I can invite friends here as well and this is where we want it fixed. Gee...if one goes the other goes? Here's a crazy idea...2 playlists? I know crazy right?

Now you have completely missed the point of this original post, and obviously have no real answers.

a-n-other

If you don't want to play online you could delete the update from your Ps3. Then start the game without the Ps3 being connected to the internet (so it doesn't try to download the update again.) this will give you squads mode the way it was when the game was released.

Slotcar

But the Private Match games are "online" as well -- they have to be in order to play with other players.  If the Private Match games were "offline," that could be different, but they're not.  Given this, I don't understand why the difficulty settings would still be available in PM games and not in wargame.

Just out of curiosity, what is the basis of the idea that they had to remove the other skill levels in order to make room for other things?  Do you have specific information that confirms this, or is this based on an assumption?  Please not that I'm not trying to be "accusational" here -- I'm simply trying to determine the truth about this situation, so I'm interested in actual evidence to support what you're saying.

Ezed23

I contacted a live agent today and explained they we the people, we the consumers,

wish to have choices and that we want the return of the choivce / bot menu, he took my report

and said they would look into it as well as review the forums, so hopefully , we willget this resolved

and have out choices back.

theannoyed1

I'm so annoyed by the fact that the Recruit option has been removed from wargames... Basically makes me want to to stop playing this game entirely. I just bought this game two weeks ago and I used recruit to go on rampages and try out new weapons, sniper rifles etc. Now the only game mode that I even enjoyed has been removed from the game. Thanks a ****ing lot. This will be the last call call of duty game I waste my money on. Ever.

Ezed23

I contacted a live agent today and explained they we the people, we the consumers,

wish to have choices and that we want the return of the choice / bot menu, he took my report

and said they would look into it as well as review the forums, so hopefully , we will get this resolved

and have out choices back.  Aug 14-14

theannoyed1

I'm glad you spoke to someone about this, but unfortunately I have very little faith that anything will be done about it...

It was REALLY stupid of them to remove Recruit from wargames. Recruit was the best game mode to level up on while trying out new weapons, period.

What doesn't make sense to me, is that there were a ton of people that played wargames on recruit mode--did they even consider this before they foolishly removed it??

bonger

And so today my friends and I seemed to have found a fix. We went back to playing Black Ops 2 on the PS3. Guess it really wasn't that long ago we were playing it so it all came right back. WAS SO HAPPY TO HAVE A CHOICE IN THE DIFFICULTY OPTIONS WHEN WE ONLY WANT TO SHOOT AI. Tragic that it has come to this. I now believe they don't care about us and are only enjoying the stats of their AI that they created. I don't believe anyone reads these forums at all that is TRULY a person that can do anything about it. My complaints will continue on this post and the others every day or few days in hopes that eventually it is fixed. Until then....Black Ops 2 anyone??

iTechBlu

It really is amazing that Infinity Ward expects to have fans with all the stupid crap they do. I play the recruit mode mainly to warm up, but to get away from pub players too (won't touch the Ghosts multiplayer playlist). But I remember the first time playing the "regular" version (only choice on DLC content) - getting killed 4 times in a row by an AI crouching in a random corner. WHY DO THEY THINK WE WANT TO PLAY AGAINST THAT!? The mode is to get away from the losers who corner camp and use IEDs!!! So, like it has been said numerous times already if they decide to take the recruit version away, the game disc does make a good coaster for soda or frisbee at the beach. Or maybe I'll just see how far I can throw it from a roof....

Schoat333

Not sure if anyone is still playing this game, but I actually opened it by accident yesterday on my PS4 (meant to play Destiny). Looks like Wargames recruit option is back.

Imagemaker

Yeah, I heard about this via another forum post on the same subject.

I have borrowed a disc from a mate who does not play anymore and I have definately NOT bought any more DLC because I still have no faith it will remain unchanged.

As in the past I have this dread feeling that any future 2xp events or when the latest map pack gets included into the main Wargame list or any slight change is made, Squads could be sacrificed again.

But for now, I am playing again and enjoying.

We can only pray Recruit remains !!!

My faith in all COD developers has been forever damaged so I have no intention of buying Advanced Warfare even when I do upgrade my console.