33 Replies Latest reply: Sep 13, 2014 3:49 PM by Ezed23 RSS

WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO SQUADS DIFFICULTY SETTINGS?

bonger

I can not click on recruit any more in the Squads Wargame. Why have all the difficulty options been removed? The only choice is Regular. Why did you take all the other difficulty choices away? I await a decent answer.

• Re: WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO SQUADS DIFFICULTY SETTINGS?
          bonger

Is anyone else choked about this. Is everyone happy with just regular difficulty settings when shooting bots?

bamabilly

I was wondering if it's just because of Double XP or what? I want to know as well. It is a mode that I like to play with my father who is 68 years old. (yes he still plays) An explanation would be nice.

Slotcar

I totally agree.  It was disappointing when they removed the hardened and veteran difficulty modes in squads-wargame, but removing the recruit level is a real problem -- it actually makes the game unplayable for a lot of people.  Just like the previous poster said, my Dad plays as well (he is 80), and he just can't get used to the "regular" difficulty level.  He says it's just too frantic and he doesn't have much fun.  I play with him quite often, but I fear that he will stop because of this.

On this note, I realize that there is a "private match" feature, but you don't use your own squad in this mode, and there is no progression and no rewards, which removes a lot of the fun.  It makes sense to remove the difficulty selection in the squads-assault mode, where there are leaderboards comparing everybody, necessitating an even playing field, but the same does not hold true of wargame.

Note also that ALL of the "operations/challenges" are all disabled in squads mode, so there are NO "customization" upgrades unlocked in this mode (I actually think there SHOULD be some that are unique to squads.)  This means that there are PLENTY of things that still separate squads mode from MP mode.

I'm still hoping that this was a mistake, but it would be nice if someone from IW or Activision would tell us what happened.

bonger

Thanks... I am hoping it's just for double xp too, but I don't think it will be as they changed it once before from originally having 4 options. I'm sure others would like other settings as well, some easier, some may want veteran and hardened back... I just would like recruit back as well as the others back to how it originally was. Not everyone is Hardcore.

theannoyed1

BRING BACK RECRUIT MODE. It's that simple. You've pissed many, many people off.

Renaay

Double XP is finished, and it still isn't there, so I don't think they will be putting it back on anytime soon, or at all for that matter. Stupid choice to remove it IMO.

Beerhump

I share your pain and frustration guys. I really feel dissed by IW that there has been no mention or apologies for removing all  but the Regular AI setting in Squads Wargames. If it was any other application and chunks of its functionality were removed for no apparent reason and not a word of explanation, there'd be hell to pay.

First the Hardened and Veteran levels were taken away, and now this! Why? What other software company just randomly removes bits of its application like this? IW, you should be ADDING functionality!

IW, could you at least offer an explanation for this? PLEASE.

And I also agree about the unfairness of not allowing unlocks for squad customisations for Squads players. What difference does it make whether I play multiplayer or wargames to get unlocks? If you feel Squad players (who payed exactly same price for the game as people who play multiplayer did) are less deserving than MPs, then could you explain the reasoning behind that decision to us as a courtesy to us - your customers? Isn't it enough that we had to grind away (until recently) with a 2K point score limit for about 7 months to rank up? Can you imagine how many games it used to take to rank up a squad member? It's not a lot better now at 4K, but granted, it IS better.

I love the game and have clocked a lot of hours playing it, but always with this lingering resentment about the way I've been treated as a customer. Please IW, could we have something by way of an explanation for your decisions?

bamabilly

I understand IW can't and doesn't want to see every complaint that is posted but is there any other way to get a response or explanation. To be honest I'm about to find another game. COD Ghost's has become useless to me know. Dad can't keep up and is frustrating hearing him get mad because his reflexes aren't what they used to be.

Renaay

They just don't give a flying crap, obviously. And I believe feedback can be good thing? Whether it is bad or good, but I suppose the good feedback is what they want more of, I mean, god forbid anyone makes a complaint, and one like this regarding something that is completely unfair and will be ignored. The game is.. to put it nicely, garbage, and I have a lot of people who can back me up and agree, I am sure you do, or may, too.

Slotcar

I see reports complaining about the removal of the wargame recruit level on the PC, PS3, PS4, and Steam forums.  This issue spans multiple platforms and is effecting numerous people, including two others that I know of that simply don't take time to post to these forums.  It's clear that the recruit (and other) difficulty choices in wargame were used by a lot of people, yet there has been ZERO response from IW or Activision about why this change was made, and who it benefits.

Isn't the player base the entire point of games?  How is it that 100% of the comments have been in support of the recruit and other skill levels, yet they still remove them?  Exactly WHO does this change benefit, and why is a change with ZERO support from players kept in the game (or even made in the first place)?  The choices were there when the game was released -- what happened?

Ezed23

Right, this needs to be fixed ..there are many people upset about this.

future products could be in danger as nobody will buy them if this kind of stuff goes on...it is a game...it is supposed  to be fun

...I really believe this is an error or over site on their part, hopefully  it will be resolved soon and we can get back to playing for fun

Let us not let this die and continue to voice our concerns over this .....BRING RECRUIT BACK !!!   please.

bonger

Agreed.... We deserve to have this game restored to how it was originally. With ALL 4 Difficulty Options.

We purchased it like that and I didn't pay top dollar for a game to be watered down. For me now it's become more than just that but the fact that I feel Ignored by this company who can't even seem to offer ANY response on this issue. As I can see there are clearly Many people upset over this and let's all stick together!!! Start your own posts, reply to others until something happens. If not for yourself then for the 68 and 80+ year old gentlemen that still play this game and probably actually served their countries so we could have freedoms such as CHOICE. We deserve better than this!!

bonger

I really hope they fix this now just for the fact that your dad still plays and I heard of another gentlman 80+ yrs still playing.

I feel at least an answer is needed but really it needs to be fixed. Haven't played since Sat. and have moved on to Pure Pool as have several friends moved on to other games.

Good Luck in your sales of Advanced Warfare IW!!

bamabilly

It's nice to see so much support from complete strangers for our Fathers and friends who really enjoyed this game. On the other hand it sad that the company we paid for this game has been so silent on this matter. I guess it's time to move to another game and put "Ghosts" in the trash. I don't think IW will be seeing any more of my money.

Thank you guys for your kind words and support. Maybe just maybe someone will see our posts and figure out how they lost so many of their customers.

bonger

And so today my friends and I seemed to have found a fix. We went back to playing Black Ops 2 on the PS3. Guess it really wasn't that long ago we were playing it so it all came right back. WAS SO HAPPY TO HAVE A CHOICE IN THE DIFFICULTY OPTIONS WHEN WE ONLY WANT TO SHOOT AI. Tragic that it has come to this. I now believe they don't care about us and are only enjoying the stats of their AI that they created. I don't believe anyone reads these forums at all that is TRULY a person that can do anything about it. My complaints will continue on this post and the others every day or few days in hopes that eventually it is fixed. Until then....Black Ops 2 anyone??

Medrano911

I am actually sad that it is at regular, it should be on veteran!

Slotcar

Medrano911 wrote:

I am actually sad that it is at regular, it should be on veteran!

The point is that we need the CHOICE, the way it was when the game came out.  Wargame has no leaderboards, so why not allow people to choose their skill level?  That way, people with all sorts of skill levels can play the game and have fun rather than just the people who happen to be at the "regular" skill level.

At LEAST allow less skilled players to have some fun by giving us recruit back.  The lack of the recruit level actually makes the game largely unplayable for a lot of people.

I'm still astonished at the lack of response to this given all the threads and comments about it across multiple platforms and on multiple forums.

bonger

One of my hopes is that they are working on a fix after reading the latest threads across the platforms. But I don't understand why NO response has been given at all. I don't read many posts that seem to get decent responses from anyone in a proper position to do fix anything. So I can only hope at this point and say again....PLEASE FIX this for ALL players to enjoy again.

bonger

Well it needs to have all 4 options back. For those that liked Hardened and Veteran and those that liked Recruit. Regular to me now also feels like the harder levels used to be. EVERYONE needs the CHOICE that he or she wants to play at.

JCONNOR

It's obvious IW doesn't give a damn about older players, let alone CO-OP and MP Offline (Squads, Private Match, Bots, Combat Training) given they whittled away at Squads to the point it is unplayable for a lot of people. All they care about are the 12-25-year olds and promoting e-sports (which is a joke considering CoD is one of THE most casual-friendly games on the planet that requires little to no skill) which leaves older and less serious gamers in the dust.

I can play on Regular and up in Private Match, Squads, but that's not the point.

As others have said, they took away a fundamental choice that is a basic functionality in most games without any explanation whatsoever.

If they just gave their rationale, it would give many people closure, so they could move on... Because that's what happens  when you ignore a fan base... But my guess is it is just another corporate decision, and if they gave the real reason none of us would like it, so they just bury it and hope we *do* move on since we are not the hardcore fan base they are after, unfortunately

Bad_Aim

I personally prefer the 'regular' skill level, but I strongly agree that it is absurd to remove simple choices which were PERFECTLY ALREADY THERE and needed/liked by many players ranging from novice to hardcore- especially when 'Squads' players are are among the large group of people which are significantly making up what is left of the PC community.

I can understand the 'extra work' needed to fix things, but to remove work which has already been done well (in a game already strickened with too many problems and losing players FAST) makes no sense.

The competition in the games industry is getting stiffer - these mistakes with Ghosts is not gonna be good for the company.

Crinkzkull08

Hi bonger,

It's not really something we can do about, I mean, it must have been the respective decision that the developers decided on to atleast give some players a challenge. What I do know about some things from the forums, even for other channels, is that all the feedbacks that players provide are being duly noted of by the right parties. Hopefully, they can make the changes that the players want for the game soon. Here's hoping it would be added soon as well.

Kind regards.

bonger

Well, I pretty much have moved on to other games sad as it is. (Black Ops 2 on the ps3 is still awesome.) Several of us have not gone back to this game since the last double xp wknd. Won't be anytime soon either. I fire it up on occasion to see if it's changed, but no. Funny though how the online player numbers continue to drop little by little. Thanks for the support from many of you. I have already paid for the next map pack as well that will never get played, just like the last one. IW, YOU have ruined this game for many of us.

Renaay

Guys, they have added Recruit back!! YAAAAY!!