29 Replies Latest reply: Aug 26, 2014 9:03 PM by KAOS_6523 RSS

My guess on the missing Body Count

jnikoley

If you are a regular follower of the support or clan forums, and/or of activision support twitter, you may have noticed a larger than normal number of people asking about their missing body count camo (myself and clan included).

I believe I may know why this happened, well, at least my guess, anyway.

On Weds night / Thurs morning, the app was under maintenance.  I expected I would receive the body count once the maintenance period was over, however, instead the Clan War section of the app opened to the next scheduled war location, and no body count.  Now, to me, this is a clue.  All past wars I can recall, the Clan Wars section of the App didn't show your next war location until the day of the actual war starting.  This time, it was nearly a week early.  My guess is the normal window for clan wars rewards issue was somehow skipped for some.

The only reason I'm posting this, is that from following the Activision support tweets, it's apparent to me that they are not regular participants in Clan Wars.  It seems to me they are just following a script.  Many will be screwed out of their just rewards due to this.  Hopefully, this issue gets resolved for EVERYONE, not just the few that can navigate through chat support to get escalated to the next stage. Hopefully, someone higher up than lower level support can get the ball rolling to get everyone their rewards.

• Re: My guess on the missing Body Count
          jnikoley

Another unusual thing I've noticed: refreshing the achievments in the clan wars section of the COD app results in an "unknown error". It gives the same error for both IOS and Win 8. It would be nice if beachead could tweet something about this. The only acknoledgement that there is an issue is from @ATVIAssist in their tweets and replies. No direct tweets, though. The "issue" seems to be affecting both the body count and DD invites.

phxs72

Yep something screwed up in this last war.  I don't know what it was but the rewards were only partially distributed.  Unfortunately, Beachheads track record for fixing clan war reward issues late in the season is rather poor.  As I recall in the last several months of MW3 they didn't bother trying and left it to the clans to figure it out.  That's why in BO2 I thought to myself well at least I won't have to worry about getting the rewards because they didn't have any.  This years experience overall has been much better but now that it's broke, I'm not holding my breath that they'll actually fix it.  We'll probably just have to play the next war and hope that the breakdown passes us by the next time.

jnikoley

I agree that the fastest way to get body count would be to earn it again. I know we are registered in Diamond already, but with the issues with the body count and DD invites has me worried we will somehow be put in platinum. At least that concern should be put to rest by tomorrow.

phxs72

You're not the only one.  I keep checking the clan wars section just to be sure that we haven't magically dropped out of Diamond.  So far so good but it wouldn't surprise me if it changed out of nowhere.

DjDUB_UK

Yes..My clan is also a victim of the "Body count uniform" problem. They seem to be ignoring my tickets. My clan only wanted to earn that uniform and then basically back out of the rest of clan wars...and now it looks like we might have to win another one..which is no simple task for my small clan that barely can get time to play together. Such a downer

jnikoley

Still no body count for our clan either. I also have several cases going on this. They either change to "auto closed", or if open, there is no one actually looking at them, based on the last updated date.

Unfortunately, Activision doesnt have any actual ability to issue the rewards, or anything having to do with the app. The best they can do is forward the problem to beachhead.

I have also tweeted to beachhead, and treybeachead. No replies, of course. I havent seen beachhead tweet back to anyone in well over a month, and treybeachhead only replies rarely, and mostly to the same account.

Basically, I'm not holding my breath.

Although I cant speak for the clan commander, I believe he has given up on the rewards as well, based on him cutting some members he was trying to get the body count for. It was for those members he and I were even playing, so they could get the rewards we already earned.

I personally care less about the camos. I will never wear them. For me, it's only about playing CW. It really bugs me though, when I recruit someone based on a lie, that being the promise that they will be rewarded for their efforts.

ImBEATINGyou

According to a Twitter post allegedly made by a Beachhead associate,  you need to finish 1st place 4 times in the SAME clan to unlock the Legendary Body Count uniform. When you leave a clan,  your win count RESETS and you have to win 4 more Clan Wars.

Hopefully this sorts out some of the confusion.

ImBEATINGyou

Almost forgot,  you need to open a customer support ticket and upload screen shots of your clan war scoreboards showing that you won each clan war.  According to Activision,  this is the only way to get the unlocks you achieved.  It will take about 2 weeks, several phone calls and they will act like it is a huge inconvenience to them and that they are doing you a favor rather than you earned it. Yes you need to call because they won't even look to see that you uploaded the photos.  They will just close the case without it being resolved. 

Good luck and have a heap of patience.  You'll need it.

jnikoley

Done that, with screenshots.  Gotten two replies from CS.  One was for a fix for "gamertag classified", and had nothing to do with my issue.  I have full access to the app, or else how could I have posted our screenshot for our 1st place results? Second reply was to tell me "you must place 1st in Gold or higher for body count, and in the top 3 in Diamond Division for war cry".  Again, not my issue.  I had explained that we were first in Platinum Division, Jakarta, with a screenshot, and that no one in the clan received body count.

My guess is my CS rep is randomly picking common fixes from a "playbook".   Pretty sure I'll get the Body count from our 1st place Buenos Aires win before we get anything from Jakarta.

KnightOwL

Sounds like a headache. I contacted them on Twitter about our member that didn't get his BC reward. One Activision CS guy told me to tweet a screenshot of the last three wars. Then another one gets on a day or so later, and tells me to go fill out the form on the support site. The boys in the Activision Twitter CS department aren't on the same page.

I'm not going to go through the headache of opening a ticket and calling about the BC reaper. We won this past war, and our member should get the BC reward (fingers crossed). Then we will just have to win the next one to get him the uniform.

jnikoley

Same here.  After this experience with CS, I am probably not going to bother guiding folks that need help in their direction any longer.  I just don't see the point.  The posters on these forums know better how to resolve most issues. After all, we actually play the game.

jnikoley

UPDATE:

Through direct messaging @ATVIAssist via twitter, I got the Body Count.  They advised that they are not able to do this for an entire Clan, tho.  It can only be done on a case by case basis.  A support case must be started by the person that is missing the reward.  Although it took time, I am glad they finally got it fixed.  I believe it was partly due to my persistence in the matter, basically, I was a PITA. 

ImBEATINGyou

I feel your pain.  Customer Support just reads off of their computer back to you.  You can tell because they tell you things that have nothing to do with your problem or they tell you that you don't meet the requirements or that you need to upload pictures.  This even after I told them that I have already uploaded picture. I get a headache just thinking about it.

BattleChaser

"you need to open a customer support ticket and upload screen shots of your clan war scoreboards showing that you won each clan war."

Sounds like they need people to create better scripts...if the program/software/app don't work, fix it or delete it. either way keep it.

KAOS_6523

My clan has not received the body count uniform as well , we have had the body count reaper for a month and worked our backsides off to win this last clan war , thats what we have been playing for all along

DjDUB_UK

Yes..I was able also to get my Body Count through Twitter and ultimately through the support on the community page here. What a pain...but it can be resolved!

jnikoley

Another war in the books, and guess what? Same deal, although this time we played Diamond. We finished first. Everyone recieved War Cry, but 2 members did not get body count.

Something is obviously messed up with the rewards.

So what could be the cause?

Still not sure, but, there was something strange I noticed in the app. When I look at the DD leaderboards, for "rivals", it shows we are a three man clan. We had five at lock, and we played together, all 5 wins counted. Now obviously, if you navigate around the app, you will see all kinds of bugs, but this particular one only recently appeared. All previous DD wars we played, our correct clan size was shown for "rivals".

Bottom line, Im convinced the missing rewards for many are due to a bug. With so few wars left, guys missing their just rewards are getting screwed.