12 Replies Latest reply: Aug 14, 2014 12:34 AM by C_CHRIS11 RSS

Missing Maverick DLC, continued

oRLsx317o

Okay so I created a thread a while back regarding my Maverick weapons going AWOL after deleting and reinstalling Ghosts and the Season Pass (still had my Ripper), and I was contacted by someone from Activision who opened a support case for me and asked me all the routine troubleshooting questions ("did you activate your PS4 as your primary console?", "did you restore licenses?" etc.). After explaining that I had done all of this to no avail, I was told that I would be contacted again (albeit with no "ETA") and the case was closed, so I'm still sat here without my Maverick.

Meanwhile, after taking a week-long break from Ghosts to no-life The Last Of Us Remastered, I return to see that alongside new camo releases available to buy from the in-game store, I now have the option to buy either the Maverick or Ripper weapons as standalone DLC for £3.49 each.

My question is: as someone who owns the Season Pass, owns the Ripper and OWNED the Maverick thanks to the Season Pass but can no longer use it for unknown reasons, am I entitled to download the standalone Maverick DLC pack for free, being a Season Pass holder? As I paid for the Season Pass, and these weapons are perks (not in a CoD sense, of course) that come along with it, I'm currently unable to use something that I paid for.

It's bad enough that I can't make use of the maps that I paid for (matchmaking gets all effed up), so why am I being prompted to pay again for something I should be able to download for free?

If anyone from ATVI comes across this, some input would be greatly appreciated, because I'd really like my Maverick back. I'm posting this here to ask everyone for general advice or suggestions, so...yeah

• Re: Missing Maverick DLC, continued
          C_CHRIS11

I had the same problem with the special characters that I bought, Rorke, Merrick and Captain Price. They were locked and when I went to store it showed that I hap to pay again to download them which I didn't of course.

The next day that I turn on my PS4 everything was back in order. I don't know what happened and I didn't do anything.

Hope to get yours back too.

oRLsx317o

Oh I had that happen with my micro DLC too; immediately after deleting and reinstalling everything my Circuit camo and Extra Loadouts became locked (despite showing as purchased and installed), yet I could still use my 1987 camo and Snoop VO. Funny enough, the only advice I received was "restore licenses", which didn't work. I had to stumble across a random thread and find a different piece of advice for myself - sign into the SEN website, locate the Download List and push to console, and voila! FINALLY had my stuff back.

But the DLC weapons are different; reinstalling the Season Pass gave me the Ripper, but no Maverick, despite me having the Maverick before. Not only that, but the only way for me to get it back is to install Onslaught, and that's not happening...but did I need Onslaught when I got the Maverick early with my Season Pass? No, it wasn't even out yet!! Lmao

Thanks, I really hope so too...otherwise I'm gonna have to keep bumping this until I get my paid-for DLC back

C_CHRIS11

I wouldn't get my hopes up for a solution from Activision or even to come back and give you an answer.

I contacted them twice in the past with a couple of problems that I had and although it's being more than two years I am still waiting for their answer. When you contact them them they are very polite, I give them this, but that's all. They never follow the problem and in my case they did not give me an answer for my problems. I was like enough to find my answers, like you, from random posts in this forum.

Keep bumping this until you get what you paid for. And keep this post on top so that everybody sees their incontinence to serve their customers. These people will have to learn sometime.

jnikoley

As I recall, the maverick was only available to the season pass holders as part of the Onslaught map pack, but the Ripper was available before the Devastation map was released.  I think the only was you will get the Maverick is to re-install the Onslaught map.  Basically the Maverick is "linked" to Onslaught.  I am in the same boat, so to speak.  Although I didn't purchase the season pass, I did purchase the DLC maps, however, I had to uninstall the maps for the sake of matchmaking/playability.  In my case, I have neither the ripper or maverick now.  Although I could buy them separately, I'm also not about to pay for them a second time. 

oRLsx317o

I'm pretty sure we got the Maverick early with the Season Pass. Otherwise surely ATVI Support would have told me it was tied to Onslaught only, rather than saying they'd get back to me with a fix?

Also, you don't have the Ripper? Hopefully I can help here, because I had to fight to get that back too initially lol. Do you have the Team Leader Pack that comes free with the Season Pass? If not download it asap, because for some reason it's needed to "trigger" some other downloads. Go to the Sony Ent. Network site and sign in to your account. Then locate the Download List and push both the Season Pass and the Team Leader Pack to your console from there, because this website works for downloads 100% of the time. Then just turn your PS4 on and they'll both download, ensuring they're both ready to trigger the Ripper download.

Then go to Settings from the dashboard, PSN, and then Restore Licenses. Once you've done that, turn your console off and back on again, then load up Ghosts and you should have the Ripper back for selection. I hope it works for you, because the Ripper is awesome haha

jnikoley

Thanks for the suggestion, but I never bought the season pass. I got the maverick and ripper when I bought The map packs, but, like you, I deleted the maps to get better matchmaking.

oRLsx317o

I should have read your comment more carefully; I am an idiot. If we ever cross paths in Ghosts and you happen to kill me, feel free to teabag away. Or you can trap me in a corner with a riot shield until I ragequit, if you like

jnikoley

Its cool, I'll just settle for taking your ripper off your dead body.

oRLsx317o

Ayyy sweet deal, a free Ripper and the satisfaction of knowing you didn't have to give IW any more money

Shame about the matchmaking with the DLC maps, especially for us next-genners anyway. We're essentially paying more to worsen our gaming experience, it sucks.

I'd be curious to see if there are some numbers out there showing how many people have no map packs, all map packs, and anywhere in between. Do you think more people have no DLC compared to those with at least one map pack? It might be worth me trying to play with all of them eventually (once Nemesis lands on PS4) because after nine months, you'd think there'd be quite a large percentage of players with DLC...

C_CHRIS11

I posting this just to put your post on top.

These people must get it. They have to deliver what you paid for.