21 Replies Latest reply: Aug 26, 2014 10:23 PM by bitterbub RSS

Advanced Warfare

SinCaraxx

Is it coming to wii u ? can we make a petition somehow?

• Re: Advanced Warfare
          LucaPac

Yeah it's coming, no petition needed

like2nap03

I doubt it as well.  I'm hoping we get it.  If not I'm hoping Treyarch will patch in the Ghosts Wiimote controls for Black Ops 2.  If they do that I will definitely go back and play the heck out of it...or at least consider it a viable option when I'm tired of Ghosts.  As it is now though the controls just feel broken compared to Ghosts and the Nuketown update apparently fixed one issue the wiimote had, but also screwed up ADS to where it's not on target.  SMH.  Hope they fix it.

WiimotesRus02

like2nap03 wrote:

Hope they fix it.

You might think I'm trolling but you should ask to do the testing for the wiimote, I'd trust your testing any day over who's doing it now and I bet the results would be overwhelmingly better. Wouldn't hurt to ask.

How about it A_Trey_U? Get an expert for the job..

like2nap03

WiimotesRus02 wrote:

like2nap03 wrote:

Hope they fix it.

You might think I'm trolling but you should ask to do the testing for the wiimote, I'd trust your testing any day over who's doing it now and I bet the results would be overwhelmingly better. Wouldn't hurt to ask.

How about it A_Trey_U? Get an expert for the job..

I don't think your trolling at all.  Not to brag or anything, but even having not played BLOPS 2 for several months it took me all of 5 seconds to realize something was wrong with it.  King wanted me to try Nuketown and I always go into private matches to get a feel for things before I start playing a game again.  Noticed it right away.  And honestly I would trust my testing over their's as well.  (no trolling ATU.  Just being honest)

How about that A_Trey_U?  If y'all fix the BLOPS 2 wii remote and make it like Ghosts, please give me time to test it out before y'all drop support again. I'll ask on the BLOPS 2 forum as well.

bughunt

I felt the sudden change, too.  I'm very particular about my settings.

I may be able to offer my own testing and feedback, but I can't say for certain if I would have the time.  However, I have confidence in like2nap and would be more than happy for him to do the primary testing.

A_Trey_U, please make this possible and allow ~3 days for other users to relay their feedback and opinion on any and all changes to like2nap in order to clear up this issue once and for all.  It will also be imperative that transparency is made on exactly what is changed regarding settings and functions.

If possible I would also like for the final control configuration and function that would arise from this to become a "standard" throughout further CoD releases.  The settings from CoD:Ghosts sounds like the ideal base for this.

Come on, A_Trey_U   If there is anybody who could make this happen, it's you.

like2nap03

If they do make the changes, then I'll start a thread on the BLOPS 2 board specifically for testing and feedback on said testing.  I'll ask everyone to post any issue and provide video if possible.  I'll take advantage of Iky's elgato and get him to record any issues as well.

bughunt

Sounds like a plan.

There more we narrow down the issue the easier and quicker it will be for them to fix.  They may see it as not having the time to track down and test the issues, so if we do the bulk of the work and try to relay it all as concisely as possible, then they may be more willing.  Nuketown also doesn't appear in the choice list after 2XP so I think everything combined warrants a revisit from the devs to address this.

Part of the weird aiming offset aiming seems to be linked not directly to deadzones, but linked to the "aim style" setting, I think.  Not entirely sure.  I was doing some quick testing that seemed to fix it and Barolb looked at some similar settings that I mentioned.  Using the GamePad to change the preset control setting makes a big impact on the aiming issue.

My aiming issue seems, for the most part, to be fixed.  It went weird again for some reason but then seemed to clear up after I messed around in my settings and it hasn't come back.  I can point at a location, ADS, and be on target again, regardless of deadzone size or weapon/scope used.

Barolb looked at what I suggested and managed to sort his, but it all went wrong after he set his previous settings back.  Barolb has also upload video of what he was seeing after each tweak.

UH......It's broken again? O_o

Re: Mote Reticle Off - Killcam Related?

Details of what we discussed on these threads.  Hopefully Barolb will make another appearance on the threads and be able to help with video uploads and testing.  His sniping was greatly affected and found the work around kinda helped, so he'd be a great help with this, too.

The problem of the Wiimote being heavy/sluggish/clunky while turning after a sprint, turning in general, turning while in ADS, seems to be directly linked to the change they made that allows smooth transition from hip to ADS while turning.  It's almost like there is "acceleration" from the DA sticks on it.

the1andonlyIKY

You know I don't really use the Wiimote, but I could still help with the testing if needed or wanted. If anything, I could just be something to shoot at.

Oh, and I have an Elgato if recording of something is needed.

like2nap03

Well if there's a way to use your elgato to show a problem then we'll do it.  If I find one, I can show you how to duplicate it.  Then you record it and upload.  And when the heck did you get an elgato?  I'm hoping the wife gets me one for our anniversary in two weeks. 

the1andonlyIKY

I got an Elgato in the spring. I haven't used it much at all lately though. Reasons? I don't know how to edit the gameplays/clips and put commentary, text, etc. over the top of it besides the ever so basic tools the Elgato program has built in. Which leaves me with live commentary or livestreams. I tried a live stream at home and yeah...not enough internet for that. Either way, I should get a few more cords/splitters to do the live stuff, so that (if I choose) I can record everyones voice in the lobby, and not just my own. I currently dont have the correct splitter for that to work. I hope I can find a setup that wont cause the sound to lag (My friend Leukoe7's setup does that, where the audio is always behind by about a half second in her videos).

gambit1969

AW will not be released on the wiiu, SH games announced it today

FaclonPower98

Activision has confirmed it as well.

It seems both Activision and Ubisoft are going to CONTINUE supporting to WiiU but only with the IP's that make sense for WiiU and that Nintendo gamers are interested in.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare not coming to Wii U • Eurogamer.net

ofc-hazard

Hate to say it, but I saw this coming months ago and sold my wii u.  Nintendo turning off Wifi services for W@W didn't help either...

bitterbub

It isn't coming. A petition would be nice, but Activision tends to ignore these things. They rarely ever care.