24 Replies Latest reply: Aug 31, 2014 12:02 AM by MOUSTIXPLCT RSS

Sledgehammer: Quickscoping and Camp Fest?

jayk1982

When I heard this game was going to be set in the future, I was so pumped for it. Seen a few clips of AW, and I have to say, I'm worried. Great ideas with the Exo Skeleton movement and customisation, but with the clips I have seen, quickscoping will be back with a real vengeance, and it sounds like they're actually encouraging it. The clips I have seen are a 1 hit kill everywhere on the body, and missed by feet!!! Take out auto-aim assist, one hit kills from anywhere below chest and make it so that you actually have to aim for about 0.3 - 0.5 of a second. Not saying I prefer Battlefield, but they have sniping down almost perfect.

This game will also be a huge camp fest. So many places to hide because of the double jump ability, and the pick 13 system will make the ghost/assasin perk the go to tier 1 perk for 50% - 75% of the players. I think if they are in the same area for more than 20 seconds without moving a few feet, they should be able to be seen behind walls like that support killstreak in ghosts. And I really hope they don't have a camping streak, such as the super iron dog who's bite reaches 20 feet away from his mouth!

I'll wait to pass judgement until I have played it, but it looks like we'll have to wait until treyarc saves us COD players from 2 years of misery!

• Re: Sledgehammer: Quickscoping and Camp Fest?
          lykbutta

So you have summed up the game after a short, first multiplayer video. Gotcha.

I grow tired of reading foolishness. $60 is nothing. That's about $5 a month you pay. If you don't like it, sell it. Simple peeps

jayk1982

its not just because the trailer, but also what sledgehammer have been saying. This game is going to have a high skill gap. If you have a job and you like to kill some time in the evening by playing some COD, sledgehammer don't want you playing the game, basically. They have said their will be a high skill gap which will cater for people who put a lot of time into the game. What's the problem in people like me who like to have fun playing my playstation Casually? It's therefore going to result in a lot of camping, because all the keenos who either don't have a job, the students who can't be arsed to go to lectures, and the pro players will be far better, and the result will be a lot of rage quitting and camping because that's the only way some players will get kill streaks.

I only rant, because for 6 of the last 7 years there's been one game which has kept me playing for more than 3-4 weeks. I'm not one of these people who get negative at COD for no reason. This game will mean that I will have had my PS4 for 2 yeas without playing the one game I love playing more than any other. Mark my words, this will fail miserably sadly!!!

Shadowelite555

You know the game hasnt been released yet right? And the devs are still polishing it, right? So, dont be fretting before it even comes out.

C_CHRIS11

Shadowelite555 wrote:

You know the game hasnt been released yet right? And the devs are still polishing it, right? So, dont be fretting before it even comes out.u

You are right that the game is not out yet and the devs are still polishing it. But for the game to be polished there must be positive criticism and feedback.

Its, indeed, from what we have seen on a few minutes trailer that we make all these assumptions. But Snipping and quickscoping was emphasized on the trailer.

And also I have already seen from videos on Youtube, from those Youtubers that they had the privilege to already play the multiplayer game, that they have already been triple kills as well as quad feeds.

So, in order for the game to come out balanced, we must start criticizing in a positive manner what we as the community don't see well. In this order the final product, as we all hope, it will be well balanced.

Remember the outcry that has been for nerfing snipping and  quickscoping as well as the efforts that have been done from previous titles in this direction.

Snipping and quickscoping cannot be op again.    

Shadowelite555

This is just my opinion, from what I seen in the trailers and Gamescon gameplay, sniping is pretty fair. And we only seen one sniper so far ( the Mors ). The ADS time on it was pretty fair as well. It looks like a chest up OHK. With Ghost, the ADS time on the USR was fast, but from what I seen so far, AW sniper rifles probably wont have any USR style speed.

thaesino

Dude... as the other two have already said, wait until you actually play the game.

Let the food reach your table before you start talking about the steak not being cooked to your liking because you overheard the cook saying "Well done!" to the waiter. You won't know what he/she was talking about until you've cut your own steak. (I know, metaphor. But what can I say? I like 'em.)

jayk1982

Great analogy. Can't argue with that suppose. Like I said though, what worries me the most is what SH have been saying with regards to their being a skill gap. I think I'm above average player, with a KD of 1.5 - 2 in the last 4 CoD's, but the people who put in the most amount of time will have a huge advantage and it will make it far tougher on the casual gamer. I really hope I'm wrong. I have pre-ordered the day 0 edition, and I will wait with baited breath for the game, but do you honestly think that they're making a game for the casual 'veterans' like myself and the majority of the community who play to have a bit of fun? I'm all for them trying something new, I just think this is a step too far.

Schoat333

Black ops 2 has more QS than any other COD game I have ever played. Tell me again how Treyarch are saving us from them?

brucey16

I Would agree with what I've seen as well, not too worried about campers but quick scoping must not be allowed. The other major issue is hit detection and the prevention of LAG between players, so fed up with getting shot round corners and getting the drop on players only to die first.

onlineace

LOL @ Quick scoping must not be allowed.  To me anyone who has been playing this game for years and still hasnt learned how to use a sniper weapon and learned how to quickscope should send the game back and get their money back.  Not everyone wants to run around with SMGs on every god damn map.  I hate going 25 and 19.  I would rather go 15 and 3 or 7 and 1. I swear Ghosts has been ruined for guys like me who love sniping just to cater to idiots who only know how to run and gun because they have no clue how to use a sniper weapon!! 

jayk1982

i'm not sure if you are being sarcastic. No clue how to use a sniper? If a sniper beats a shotgun at close range, that's a broken game. I know how to use a sniper Rifle. You aim down the sites from a distance and try and pick somebody off using the accuracy of the sticks, and not relying on an auto-aim glitch. Don't understand why the community gets so annoyed when somebody hard scopes and gets a head shot from across the map. That's what a sniper is designed for. Still not sure if you're being sarcastic, or you're just some dumb kid who doesn't know what a sniper rifle acually is.

-Agu-

Taking off aim assist affects more to the hardscoping than quickscoping. aim assist is there because controller isn't precise as computer mouse, no matter how skilled you are. Yes the sniper nerfs in Ghosts has made quickscoping trickier but it also  made realistic sniping (hardscoping) totally pointless.

I give you an example: Team deathmatch on Stonehaven. Game starts, you play as a sniper and go to the "good" spot. You see guy stationary on the other side of the map and scope in. You hold your breath and aim BUT... your aim is half millimeter off from the guys chest. If move the stick at all, your sight jumps to the other side of the guys body. If you were playing on computer this wouldn't be problem because you would have a mouse, which is a lot more precise than controller. This is where aim-assist comes in since it slowers your controllers sensitivity when you have the enemy on your sights, but since there is almost no aim-assist on sniper rifles in Ghosts, you need to move your sight forever around the guy and by the time (20-60 seconds after the game started) you get off the shot, some guy running with Vector CRB + Agility + Marathon will flank you, because like everyone else who has played on Stonehaven 20+ times, he knows all sniping spots there are on the map. If this doesn't happen and you manage to kill the guy, you give your location away on the radar. Yea, also the guy who you shot gets hold of this supernatural power called killcam and knows exactly where you are and shoot you with an AR across the map.

There are many other things i could mention here but my point is that if realistic sniping is not worth it, what else there is for snipers to do than quickscope? I for one would really enjoy if you could cloak yourself and shoot even one guy without him knowing where you are, but since it's more rewarding and it does more good for my team (more killstreaks, better KD, more xp, better scores) to run around and quick scope, why would I bother? Still I don't think QSing is overpowered (you don't see anyone on these call of duty championships use sniper rifle), but it is stupid. Stupid, but many people like it more than using SMG or AR.

famousaj

did someone say cloak? AW here we come!

Mikenasty_1

The company has to see that specific ability as a rediculous crutch and problem.... for the exact reason you posted. If anything, you should be allowed to go invisible and not ADS, but then everyone would sit in corners with a shotgun, using said ability.

Ghosts has been a slow playing game, nobody can deny this, whether you enjoy the game or not. From the videos realeased, it seems like they are trying to bring that faster paced gameplay back in. If a guy is camping a spot, he not only has to ADS in front of him, but worry about someone dropping in on him (with rooftops have breakable glass). The invisibility being a standard thing might be an issue, especially in the first couple weeks. We have all experienced the children on this game enough to know lol. 

The only way the "cloak" should work is as a point streak. You rack up some points, you can snag a "strategic" kill, then you have to play the game again. From what I have seen, the game looks fun and there are many ways to go about "customizing" your guy, but at the end of the day, I think a lot of those features are going to be abused by full parties. I have been enjoying CoD online since Cod4, even though the hipsters say CoD multiplayer started before LOL... but think about about going a gainst a full party in Dom with a the flag cappers running shields and what not.

Long story short, they need to think about how all the integrations will work in public lobbies, especially with ghosts putting so much emphasis on players joining a party or clan, these players will be rolling over in a full party on PS chat ready to go.

jayk1982

Good argument. I would say that a compromise would be to keep auto-aim, but make it so that the ADS is  longer, maybe .5 second slower, and if you're being shot at, you can't lift the gun. More realistic, more fair. Again, a sniper should never, ever be better at close range than any other gun. It's BS and it needs to be eradicated.

C_CHRIS11

-Agu- wrote:

Yea, also the guy who you shot gets hold of this supernatural power called killcam and knows exactly where you are and shoot you with an AR across the map.

Killcams are there for a reason. They are there to show the player that it's just been killed from where he  was killed so that no camper would sit throughout the game in a spot shooting people across the map without his position been revealed.

Anyway this is the first time that killcams have been blamed in this way.

And by the way there is a way not to reveal you position in the killcam.

-Agu-

Exactly. Realistic sniping = 99,9% camping. Do you want more quickscopers or more campers?

Also is staying ADS after shooting someone what you mean by "way not to reveal your position in the killcam"? This works if your victim is playing the map for his first time. If it's something else, i'd like to hear about it.

AngryBus97

jayk1982 wrote:

i'm not sure if you are being sarcastic. No clue how to use a sniper? If a sniper beats a shotgun at close range, that's a broken game. I know how to use a sniper Rifle. You aim down the sites from a distance and try and pick somebody off using the accuracy of the sticks, and not relying on an auto-aim glitch. Don't understand why the community gets so annoyed when somebody hard scopes and gets a head shot from across the map. That's what a sniper is designed for. Still not sure if you're being sarcastic, or you're just some dumb kid who doesn't know what a sniper rifle acually is.

This post makes no sense at all.

So, you are telling me, if I held a sniper rifle at you from 2 metres away, it will ALWAYS shoot somewhere else, and no matter how many bullets I shoot, none will hit you.

If you want realism, I should be able to hip-fire my sniper rifle and hit someone 30ft away, the way COD is designed is so this doesn't happen because it is a VIDEO-GAME. In this way, snipers are already ridiculously nerfed anyway.

Also, you think shotguns are real? ANY shotgun in COD should get one-hit kills from 100ft away, shotgun pellets don't just 'disappear' or drop to the ground instantly.

Remember this is a game we are talking about, if you want more realism, give Battlefield a shot, or Counter-Strike, or a Tom Clancy game. You are in the wrong franchise mate.

DocChoi

onlineace wrote:

LOL @ Quick scoping must not be allowed.  To me anyone who has been playing this game for years and still hasnt learned how to use a sniper weapon and learned how to quickscope should send the game back and get their money back.  Not everyone wants to run around with SMGs on every god damn map.  I hate going 25 and 19.  I would rather go 15 and 3 or 7 and 1. I swear Ghosts has been ruined for guys like me who love sniping just to cater to idiots who only know how to run and gun because they have no clue how to use a sniper weapon!!

Not everyone wants to camp with a sniper rifle on every map. I dare you to hardscope on Strikezone or Freefall and see how effective that style of play is. Please post a gameplay if you are able to.

You should be glad there are idiots that run aimlessly as they're the players that are going to end up in your cross hairs. Otherwise if we all played like you, matches would reach the time limit where teams are lucky to get 20 kills apiece (please explain the fun in that). I hate going 25 and 19. But I would rather go 30+ kills with some obscene KDR and rain fire on the opponents than camp my way for 7-1. Some players just don't find the idea of sniper chicken very fun and elect to run. Some are more effective at it than others, just because you're not good at it doesn't mean you should belittle those that are.

MOUSTIXPLCT

man qs is bullsht. one bullet no matter the range.

so lets all learn qs and everybody get them sniper ready.

or better SH should make this game a sniping qs game straigh

-Agu-

I'm sorry, English is not my native language; i didn't mean by "cloaking" that you could actually turn yourself invisible. I meant  that it would be nice if you could really camouflage into environment, like dug holes in the ground or cover yourself with leaves or something. Usually 1/3 of the kills i get when playing TDM on Prison Break are from guys who think that laying prone on the top of the hill while wearing ghillie suit and incog makes you invisible. Next 1/3 comes from the guys who either are already or are in hurry to go headglitch into the guard tower (propably the most used and at the same time the most shittiest spot on the map in TDM).