9 Replies Latest reply: Aug 18, 2014 12:08 PM by oRLsx317o RSS

Horrible Investment

Dying2Live

Someone please explain to me, what was the purpose of buying a session pass, so I can preview maps and weapons. BOOOO. 2 weeks ago I bought the new maps and, as of today, I still haven't been able to play them. How the hell do I get my money back. To all PS4 gamers, we need to put a class action law suit on Sony and COD Ghost. COD Ghost has been freezing since PS3 and it carried to PS4. I believe These forum are just pow-pows, so Im gonna end on this note: How did they even get the OK to sell us and incomplete game and then charge us for the add-on we should have received with purchase. If you want to improve your game "STOP REAPING OFF THE CUSTOMERS". Next step for me is BBB.

• Re: Horrible Investment
          Dying2Live

Make things worst. CLAN WARS. I'm in a 1 man clan and I have to clan war against clans with 8 or more members. How is any of this fair. Shouldn't I be matched up with clans of my like kind. Then game are hard to find sometimes during clan wars because ppl don't play a lot of S&D, Drop Zone, Blitz. This is by far the worst video game investment ever. I'd rather have my Atari or even Kalico Vision back.

jnikoley

Dying2Live wrote:

Make things worst. CLAN WARS. I'm in a 1 man clan and I have to clan war against clans with 8 or more members. How is any of this fair. Shouldn't I be matched up with clans of my like kind. Then game are hard to find sometimes during clan wars because ppl don't play a lot of S&D, Drop Zone, Blitz. This is by far the worst video game investment ever. I'd rather have my Atari or even Kalico Vision back.

You can't play in Clan Wars with a one man clan.  You must have 3 members in your clan, minimum, to participate in Clan Wars.  Perhaps you are confusing Clan Wars with Clan vs. Clan, which is a game mode.  In Clan vs.Clan there is no requirement that you even be in a Clan to participate, and is a mode based on the rules online competitive players use.  COD refers to these rules as "e-sports", a.k.a. MLG.

DocChoi

You must not have played many Call of Duty games. ALL CoD games start off with 10 or so maps and have more added on as the year goes by. And all of them require some sort of fee. I do have to admit the Season Pass was a bad idea as the player base was already fragmented with the new consoles and compounded by only some players having all the maps. Basically having all the DLC makes the game very hard to play.

Your clan war problem can be solved by joining an established clan. Usually you will have better luck finding games in the more obscure modes and doing well if you have a party. And besides, most players stopped playing clan wars because of the BS that's in it. Ghosts is still a good game, just a lot of BS.

oRLsx317o

Do you currently have all available map packs Doc? I had a theory that, after nine months, there'd be more people with at least one map pack than people with none whatsoever (like me), and that I'd start enjoying the game again if I installed at least the most popular one, or all of them, but I don't fancy redownloading everything only to end up deleting and reinstalling Ghosts, updates and micro DLC again due to nonexistent matchmaking lol (done that twice already).

DocChoi

Just the most recent one. I find matchmaking is hell with all the map packs. And I find only the Invasion DLC is worth my time. You're better off not having DLC for the sake of matchmaking.

jnikoley

100% agree.

I tested for 2 weeks with different combinations of DLC.  I found No DLC to give the best connection for matchmaking and lag.

Having Invasion installed shouldn't have any effect until it goes into regular rotation.  When Devastation went into regular rotation is when things got bad for the connection quality.

Each new DLC going into rotation divides the playlists exponentially smaller. Although there may be more players with DLC installed than not, there will be far fewer players with the same combination of DLC than the  players that have none.

oRLsx317o

Thanks. My game was fine after I installed Onslaught (on release day), and enjoyed (most of) the maps until Devastation was released - no trouble finding games at all. Same goes for when I downloaded Devastation, but it was only after a certain patch just after that everything went t!ts up (I believe it was one to "improve matchmaking for clan wars"?).

It's a shame because I really enjoyed Bayview, Fog (for Domination) and Unearthed when they weren't being camped. I really like the look of Departed too...and some of the Nemesis maps look great.

jnikoley

Sorry if It may sound rude, but it sounds to me that you lack a basic understanding of how to install DLC.  There are many helpful players that are on these forums.  I'm sure they would be willing to assist you.  You should post in support.