33 Replies Latest reply: Aug 27, 2014 5:56 AM by xoMrSLAVEox RSS

Casual mode

lucas1988

Hi. Since the teeth update, has anybody played on casual mode and compared it to regular mode regarding the amount of teeth you can get? Hopefully it will be the same

• Re: Casual mode
          Frenchy_68

What?  Is the game also giving away free teeth on casual? 

Graedad

I played a game of split screen POC on casual with my son the other day and we earned four teeth. It was always the case that the kills (600... or 300, or 200, or whatever it is now) in casual accumulated toward your total, but we also got the two teeth for completing challenges. So, while it continues to be the case that you are not awarded teeth for the escape, based on the number of kills in the game and the challenges it seems possible to earn at least four teeth per game (or possibly five, depending on your accumulated kills going in).

I haven't tested it with relics, so can't help you there.

Frenchy_68

Interesting, I wonder if they also give teeth for relics; if so I wish that they'd limit the free teeth to casual mode since they are giving them away anyhow.  At least if they gave teeth for relics in casual only, we just might get decent lobbies in regular mode.

D4nth3m4n

I just did a casual POC run with 1 relic. Got 4 teeth, pretty sure I did all the challenges,not sure how fast the escape was.

roblair

I earn 7 teeth per game playing Exodus Casual - no relics.....

Frenchy_68

Are you playing solo?

You now have me curious to try it at least once.to see what i get and how many relics I can run.

Might just finally be able to run more than 3 relics solo

roblair

Frenchy_68 wrote:

Are you playing solo?

You now have me curious to try it at least once.to see what i get and how many relics I can run.

Might just finally be able to run more than 3 relics solo

Yep, solo mode casual - 7 teeth. Im bout to put some relics on and see how many I get playing Exodus.  Despite having an Xbox One I was mainly playing PS3 because of all the teeth upgrades I had already unlocked but now with solo casual awarding so many I now have all the pre-Exodus upgrades and unlocked them all within 3 days on Xbox One!

JDSnead

Casual mode is meant for Newbie players to get a feel of the map & Casual mode doesn't count for Leaderboards stats-meaning even if you escape with 10 relics NO Bonus Teeth. Now you might be able to get a crap ton of teeth from Kills & maybe 2 teeth for challenges but that's IT.

roblair

JDSnead wrote:

Casual mode is meant for Newbie players to get a feel of the map & Casual mode doesn't count for Leaderboards stats-meaning even if you escape with 10 relics NO Bonus Teeth. Now you might be able to get a crap ton of teeth from Kills & maybe 2 teeth for challenges but that's IT.

...the whole point is for the easy teeth and I can confirm running with relics gave me extra teeth. I always get 7 teeth when playing casual mode solo averaging 750 kills per game.... I ran 2 relics and got 745 kills with 0 bonus pool and just got 9 teeth.

YoungxWeezy

I thought that I would give it a try so me and my friend slapped on 8 relics. We got the 10 challenges in a game tooth, completionist teeth, platinum escape teeth, roughly 400 kills each so that's 1 tooth, and we were both running 8 relics. We both ended up getting 4 teeth. I don't think that the platinum escape or relics take a factor in casual.

w1drose

Oh man, if casual mode gave the same number of teeth... I don't even want to think about it.

The only time I play casual is if I know I don't have the time to play Extinction on a certain day, so I'll just play Casual up to the first barrier hive to get the bonus pool tooth.

YoungxWeezy

If playing causal with what I said above gave u at least 10 teeth I would just play that.

w1drose

Only problem is casual just isn't fun. Seriously, I've tried going through PoC on casual - I can't. I hit the second barrier hive and can't be bothered doing it...

I want those teeth upgrades, but I would rather play with 4 people that are good teammates and go through Regular. Regular is easy enough.

AngryBus97

Exactly my thoughts, unless you need to learn how to play, regular and hardcore take the EXACT same time for drills etc. Unless you spend a lot of time searching for boxes.

Still a very interesting topic though, thanks for posting lucas1988.

phantom139

I usually don't bother with casual mode anyways.

That being said, it would appear that teeth gain on casual after testing it myself is significantly lower than that of playing Regular, hence, just play Regular if you want teeth, it's not that much harder than casual.

Ryan7596

I find it pointless playing casual. I play POC on regular solo with 1 relic on and earn 12/13 teeth per game.

roblair

142 games of casual solo (no relics) Exodus is all you need to get the Double Class upgrade.  And yet the teeth upgrades "cost too much"?

As much as I enjoy getting my Xbox One account caught up with my PS3 account's upgrades, it frustrates me at how easy it is to unlock them.

roblair

still getting at least 7 teeth per casual solo Exodus game - no relics.

xoMrSLAVEox

I tried the other day casual with my friend who never had played extinction, i had 4 relics on and got 7 teeths only.

xoMrSLAVEox

I just tried with 4 relics on exodus and got 7 teeths, u dont get extra teets with relics on casual. I got same 7teeths with 1 relic.