34 Replies Latest reply: Aug 23, 2014 8:37 PM by Video-Game-Hero RSS

Zombies in AW?

IRIZZA

Alot of speculation has been Going around about zombies making a return in Advanced Warfare, there has been the round logos On the artwork of the offilial AW controller, then treyarch have tweeted' out;

@Treyarch: If you went to #Gamescom and you're reading this, it means that you survived...congratulations.

This is of course just speculation, what are your thoughts and opinions on it,

would you like to see zombies return as it left off in Bo2 or a fresh start?

• Re: Zombies in AW?
          nicedrewishfela

Search tool, lots of discussions on this lately.

Wade_Rain

I hope not. Zombies were fun 4 years ago but the concept has been way overdone. COD:AW seems to striving for something new and its what I will expect from this game, new and fresh.

LeapingPanda6

I hope not, zombies is overdone now. try something new for a change.

5enorBu44itos

I'm kinda bitter-sweet about it. On the one hand, Zombies is undeniably fun, and I'd love to see what Sledgehammer would add to the series. On the other hand, Zombies have been present in three games already, and Sledgehammer should make an original "Extra" mode.

IRIZZA

i See what you're saying, but from what we've seen in the past and what treyarch tweeted out, i wouldn't surprise me if treyarch took the lead in making the co-op zombies mode, because we've seen studios cross over to make a title before, like in MW3 with IW and SH, where IW took care of the Campaign and Co-op and SH took care of the Multiplayer.

Honestly i would love for zombies to come back this year, because they have so much of the story they still haven't told us yet..

OVRmyDEADbuddy

I like the whole Terminator thing. But if they go that route then I don't think they should do it in the exact same format as zombies. Terminators should be hard to kill, so their numbers should never get so overwhelming like zombies. Although in the context of this game you could probably have plenty of cool stuff at your disposal. I'm tired of zombies, besides Dying Light is going to have that covered… time for a quality Terminator experience in a video game because lawd knows there hasn't been one yet.

maccabi

IRIZZA wrote:

Alot of speculation has been Going around about zombies making a return in Advanced Warfare, there has been the round logos On the artwork of the offilial AW controller, then treyarch have tweeted' out;

@Treyarch: If you went to #Gamescom and you're reading this, it means that you survived...congratulations.

This is of course just speculation, what are your thoughts and opinions on it,

would you like to see zombies return as it left off in Bo2 or a fresh start?

so a universally used marking system for kills is proof?  did it not occur to you 3arc may just have been talking about gamescom?

IRIZZA

I never said it was proof but just speculation, and why would they put it on there?

and the tweet couldve been just about gamesom, but why would they tweet it out, and the language used.. it is all speculation, there is no solid proof yet.

maccabi

IRIZZA wrote:

I never said it was proof but just speculation, and why would they put it on there?

and the tweet couldve been just about gamesom, but why would they tweet it out, and the language used.. it is all speculation, there is no solid proof yet.

I think what you're suffering from here is your desire to see something added is making you think everything relates to zombies.

why would 3arc tweet that? simple.. gamescom is hell , im sure that tweet was more a tongue in cheek comment than a hint .

As for the kill marks , again its a universal symbol .

Zombies is 3arcs baby, they are not going to give the ip to another studio

IRIZZA

Treyarch can still make zombies, i wouldn't want another studio to work on it, its like i said, two or more studios can work on a game, the example is MW3 where SH worked on multiplayer, i don't see why Treyarch can't work on the Zombies Co-Op in AW.

maccabi

IRIZZA wrote:

Treyarch can still make zombies, i wouldn't want another studio to work on it, its like i said, two or more studios can work on a game, the example is MW3 where SH worked on multiplayer, i don't see why Treyarch can't work on the Zombies Co-Op in AW.

do you not think 3arc might be slightly busy making their OWN game atm?

the only reason sh worked on mw3 was IW needed more manpower

IRIZZA

there are different departments for different parts of the games, so the zombies part could work on this project and also seeing as it is a three year cycle now, it gives them some slack.

And it doesn't  matter it shows that two different studios can work together, on the same or different projects.

maccabi

IRIZZA wrote:

there are different departments for different parts of the games, so the zombies part could work on this project and also seeing as it is a three year cycle now, it gives them some slack.

And it doesn't  matter it shows that two different studios can work together, on the same or different projects.

ok whatever dude you keep coming up with straws to grasp..

if you're holding out for zombies , you might want to prepare yourself for disappointment

IRIZZA

Honestly I've stuck to three reasons, why i think it could happen, I'm just putting my point across, it might not happen, but it could and the two 'Hints' towards it haven't been countered by SH or Treyarch yet, if they were false and not intentional they would've said so.

nicedrewishfela

The flaw with your thinking is that SH was hired initially as a consulting Developer, not as a lead.

A Lead Developer is not going to take assets away from their game to act as a consultant to another lead. More logical that SH would either handle in-house or bring in outside assistance.

Besides, we have Zombies in one series already... WHY WOULD YOU WANT IT AGAIN? Why not keep it fresh for the developer who has made it their staple?

phxs72

3arch has zero incentive to counter the rumor.  Everyone is hyped about maybe getting Zombies back this year and that is driving people to play their game.  I seriously doubt that AW will have Zomies as that has been 3archs hook for years and they would have to be getting paid an obscene amount of money to give that up.  Odds are though that AW will have some sort of horde based game mode and since they borrowed liberally from BO2 and Ghosts amongst others its no small wonder that the marks on the controller look like Zombie rounds.  You'll notice that AWs devs haven't said we've got Zombies either.  Don't you think that if they had landed that big of a deal that they would be rushing to release that info?  It would give them an instant bump in pre-order sales.  So their silence is another indicator (at least to me) that they don't have Zombies but aren't dumb enough to shut down the hype train just yet.  I'd expect some sort of round based 3rd game mode from them.  Just not Zombies.

Wiktorjor2001

I'm 99.9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% sure that AW will feature zombies or variation of it.

OVRmyDEADbuddy

I want Terminators not zombies.

nicedrewishfela

And Naw,

http://www.charlieintel.com/2014/08/21/michael-condrey-confirms-advanced-warfare s-co-op-will-be-4-players-controller-markings-not-related-to-co-op/

In the newest Episode of GameSpot’s Aim Down Sights, Michael Condrey has confirmed that Advanced Warfare’s Co-Op mode will feature up to 4 players support.

Michael Condrey has also confirmed that the markings on the Advanced Warfare controller doesn’t reveal anything about the Co-Op mode of Advanced Warfare.

“There’s nothing on the controller that tells you anything about it.”

BLUEMAGICxx34

IMO it has to be round based with hoardes of something coming at you, mutants perhaps?Infinity Ward actually didn't do that bad with extinction because there was actually a way to beat each map. Yes, I know Black Op's II had a few maps you could survive, but it wasn't clear cut.  I know I had to use Youtube several times to figure out how to survive, whereas in Extinction it was "after you pass this area, go onto the next".

Another great thing Extinction had was the teeth in it and the armory unlocks it gave it good replay value to try and play again to unlock the next thing. I have a feeling this unlock system will be brought back into the co-op mode, as well as, campaign because of the hints SH has already dropped such as you'll unlock new exo-abilities and will want to try them out on previously completed missions, giving campaign a replay value like never before (More of a paraphrase then a direct qoute, but the interview was done around the campaign reveal and should be easy to find if you want to see it lol I know you guys hate quotes and facts without sources)

P.S. I loved Extinction and Zombies equally, but I'm excited to see what SH comes up with and hope they do something new.