20 Replies Latest reply: Sep 11, 2014 9:09 PM by superjugg001 RSS

Platinum escape exodus

superjugg001

Platinum escape exodus on solo, i think its glitched, i beat it the same way thay show on youtub, it only gives gold escapes. Does anyone know how to get platinum escape on  solo on exodus.

• Re: Platinum escape exodus
          Stinky666

I'm pretty sure it's all based on how fast you kill all 3 Ancestors. Try kill them before they get through the gates, that's the best thing.

bobbyowens

I've got a few platinum escapes solo. I can't 100% say I know how but this is what I'm thinking....

It's all about how fast you can charge up the cortex. Every kill fills up the bar some. An ancestor kill fills it up quite a bit. When aliens are attacking the cortex it slows down the process. So it's not just about killing the ancestors fast, you also have to keep the cortex clear. The machine glows a lot more when nothing is attacking it. This is all pretty hard to do by yourself but it's possible.

superjugg001

Thanks, i didnt know that, i didnt know that cortex moves slower when attacked.

ROXSTARUK

superjugg001 wrote:

Thanks, i didnt know that, i didnt know that cortex moves slower when attacked.

I believe they actually take the bar down when they are attacking it, not just making it slower but taking away from the bar like a health bar. I was approaching the 3rd bar last night after I'd killed 2 ancestors and with a few aliens keeping their attention on the cortex I decided to run around and build some more NX1 grenades, by the time I'd realised it the bar was back down to 50%.

superjugg001

Thats it, kill 3 ancesters fast, protect cortex, if nothing is hitting cortex, cortex bar fills fast, also have to get completionist. You also need flawless,which means you need all 3 your lives,you cant go down at all. You need all that to get platinum.

ROXSTARUK

My solo tactic is to leave all 6 red boxes in the main base, leave 3 from outside the car park/central door (there is usually 3+ along the wall of the base) and 3 inside the car park area. This leaves enough boxes to build the Disruptor and 2 or 3 batches of NX grenades to take down the ancestors you battle before the final fight.

I then build a tesla trap using the 3 boxes inside the car park, this protects the cortex for just long enough to build up the cortex health that you can avoid the second wave of ancestors (sometimes they come but you get to kick off the cortex before they become a problem). The other 9 boxes I use to build 5 NX grenades for each ancestor. Along with a few pew pew's from the Disruptor they drop like flies.

If you want to guarantee getting a better tesla, leave the first Liquid Battery you find when searching for the Disruptor parts, this avoids getting only a cell battery and therefore a better Tesla.

Utilising the traps and repairing the generator in between waves also helps as the traps aid in charging the cortex whilst I'm running in circles like a headless chicken. I'll usually pick up the last eyeball around the 3/4 mark to help get some quicker kills as well.

maddBomber

Awesome strategy, thanks!  A few additional questions if you don't mind:

1) Weapon Spec for solo play, right?

2) sentry guns, IMS, or Vulture?

3) if sentry guns, do you just setup shop on one of the catwalks, with sentries pointed towards the medusa?

4) what's the best strategy for fastest ancestor take-down?  (1 fully-charged pew pew of Disruptor to get their shield down, THEN throw grenades?)

Thanks, I can cruise through this map co-op, but the end battle is giving me problems solo.  I think you just made me realize that my IMS isn't protecting the medusa long/well enough, and the Adv Tesla is a better way to go there.

ROXSTARUK

1/ Solo and Co-Op I usually play Engineer but if I play solo with relics then always go Medic, the medic upgrade and increased speed really help, usually tool up with a Remmington and an Ameli.

2/ Vulture, it's awesome when fully upgraded plus it really helps with the challenge to kill cryptids on higher ground than you.

3/ Just a Tesla to guard the medusa/cortex (usually last about half the fight).

4/ I get as many shots off as I can as soon as they appear, you can be certain to take a third of their hits off (maybe more) before they even start to get involved. Up to you if you want to wait till the shield is down or use a shot to down their shield. I aim for their chest from a few meters away with the NX1 grenades, reduces the chance of missing and your proximity means it'll clear out any pesky cryptids nearby. A couple throws and your Distuptor will be ready for more pew pew!

I'm sure everyone has their own tactic but this works for me every time... I've been trying a few different relic combinations recently and even with that I've made it to the end with the medusa/cortex at what I can only guess is 99.9% charged before getting overrun and using that last bullet on myself. Just remember not to get the last eyeball in the base too late, running around supercharged really helps get the bar up quick but if you wait too long and have another 3 ancestors arrive I have found myself overrun -- 5 times in a row now to be precise.

superjugg001

I just got platinum again, thise time i went down 1 time, you dont need flawless. Just need complitionist and guard cortex,thats it. There was a new update, the game is alote harder now.

superjugg001

There was an update on exodus, its alote harder, did anyone else finding it alot harder. To get platinum ,you need complitionist, guard cortex, do not need flawless. You also need to kill ancesters slow. If kill to fast then you wont get platinum. Kill last ancester when cortex bar is past 4 th section. That way its near the end. That way get platinum. I finally got 10 on solo. Thanks to everyone for help with information. Also make sure guard cortex that way bar moves up fast.

superjugg001

While guarding cortex , use electric traps thats in the 4 corners of the map. I always have 2 or 3 on all the time. Its a big help. They zap alote of alians, including gargoyles.

superjugg001

You have to kill the 3 ancesters slow, that way it does not have time to make 1-3 more ancesters. I kill last ancester in the 4 th section of the cortex life bar. I wait untill its half way finished in the 4 th section. Then i use ims x gun and x grenades, sticky flare, he goes down fast. When i use x gun aim for his head it does alot of damage. Then i guard cortex for a short time, then its time to activate cortex and it ends. All that for platinum.

superjugg001

New info on platinum. You have to kill first 2 ancesters slow. The way i do it, my turrent is at right door, i have some cover on ceiling, its the one where cant see electric trap on roof. I wait for ancester close to me, then i shoot him with sticky flare , ims, x gun, x grenades, just to get skill point, then i leave to protect cortex. When 2 ancester show up, then finish 1 ancester. Do the same for 2 ancester. 3 ancester have to finish fast. When he comes i wait 1.5 minutes then i put him down fast. Last one have to do that unless skill point says cant take damage from ancester, then wait for clock to run out first, then put down ancester fast. Use 2- 3 electric traps, big help zap lots alians.