5 Replies Latest reply: Aug 22, 2014 7:41 AM by EJKHunter RSS

Under what name are camos saved on the 360 hard drive?

VEBeaV

Im going to LAN and id like to take my camos with me. Under what name on the console memory settings are the camos. As i will need to transfer them to my memory stick.

Thanks in advance

Happy gaming

• Re: Under what name are camos saved on the 360 hard drive?
          nicedrewishfela

This sounds a bit shady to me. I don't think, under any circumstance, you'd need to know the file names.

What does moving to LAN have to do with it?

OhhSooGiiFTeD

All camos are unlocked during LAN Play besides the ones downloaded from the Marketplace. There is no seperate file for camos. Just suck it up and use the ones that are available. Camos are overrated and serve no purpose while playing the game anyways

VEBeaV

But i want to use a DLC one. There will be a file for it 100% as its dowloadable content which saves on my HDD.

EJKHunter

It's a single file that's part of one of the updates. Most DLC is built into update files and the only thing you're downloading in the store is a single keycode/serial which confirms that you can access that content. How do you think it shows up grayed out at all if it already wasn't there, and why do you think every single camo file is exactly the same size and much smaller than texture files actually are in this age of gaming? Because it's already there, you're just purchasing the ability to use what's there. Was the same with the guns, they're part of the first two map pack update files.

When you shift to LAN, they're right there, with one problem. The developers designed the Private section of the game to lock out everything except the what the update fixes in-game, a form of DRM basically which makes the old way of "file trading" impossible. You will not find a single file for every DLC, they are all part of the Title Update files, which offline are not confirmed, read, or executed by the game client. You can transfer them if you desire, but without connecting to Multiplayer online so the CoD servers can establish a handshake with them they are inactive files that will go to no use.

Sorry, those are the breaks. Anyone telling you otherwise or that you've seen do it otherwise is using a modded Xbox or has managed to hack the game itself, in which case you need to go about as far away from these monitored forums as possible lol MLG LAN games play the standard Private and have no access to the DLC (not that they allow the Ripper or Maverick anyway), so I think you and your friends can handle it that way too. Vanilla or bust!

lol