23 Replies Latest reply: Sep 3, 2014 8:00 PM by like2nap03 RSS

So if there's no AW on WiiU, where's Treyarch?

uscoastgaurd

I kind of found it strange how the Treyarch Wii team went off the grid. I haven't heard from A_Trey_U in months. I know they've added Nuketown 2025 but I'm sure that's not the reason they dropped support for Ghosts. Does anyone know where the team went?

• Re: So if there's no AW on WiiU, where's Treyarch?
          the1andonlyIKY

Might still be there in the shadows. Might have been put on other projects.

SRPhoenix

Maybe they are working on a Wii U version of Black Ops I. I doubt it, but a guy can hope (it was my favorite Wii one).

bughunt

Interesting that you mention that...

I decided to do a bit of thinking about the direction that things are going regarding CoD for Nintendo platforms.

Not got the full details as to why, but back on the Wii we initially missed out on CoD: Modern Warfare but were graced with CoD: World at War.  CoD: Modern Warfare 2 skipped the Wii entirely but we were instead given CoD: Modern Warfare : Reflex.

We are in the position again where a Nintendo platform is missing out on a CoD release, but we suddenly get a surprise update and *gasp* new map.

Treyarch / A_Trey_U has been awfully quiet.  I would have at least expected a brief update in the form of release notes for the new patch that brought Nuketown2025.  Something may be cooking, but not something big.

MW:R was fantastic and was the first CoD game I bought after playing my nephews copy.  Thoroughly loved it.  BO1 came along and made it better, though (understandably) we got a real stripped down version of the game.  A "revisit" of BO1 would kinda make sense...It was a hit on the Wii and they would probably just take the X360 assests and port them over with low cost and little time while including all the needed Nintendo features, complete with everything that was missing before (perhaps even with the inclusion of a DLC pack).  I loved BO1 and this is actually something I would buy, specifically for everything that was missing and HD upgrade, especially if there is an included DLC pack.  Gamepad utilisation for BO1 has potential.  For the love of God, just don't mess with the netcode or screw up the Wiimote.  This is an..unlikely scenario, but somewhat possible.  I'm 100% in if this was to happen.  I would completely embrace a more traditionally themed, non-futuristic CoD.

An even less likely (or equally likely, depending on personal view) scenario would be to bring a past game that we missed, like they did with CoD:MW:R.  CoD:MW2 hasn't made it to a Nintendo platform and many (who have played it) have said that the online portion of the game performed perfect.  There were OP things that they would fix in the process, but it would polish up nicely.  I personally see this as very unlikely but it's...remotely possible.  I wouldn't say no to this.

I think the most likely scenario is that the Wii U team of Treyarch gets assigned the job of porting over additional content for BO2 and/or Ghosts.  It's interesting that we get the patch and new map, leading this to be a very possible situation.

However, we may as well just brace ourselves for getting nothing.  Prepare for the worse and hope for the best...

There are a bunch of people still playing BO1 on the Wii, Treyarch   Other than being able to cheat (which I've heard isn't as rampant as it once was) there must be a reason that people are still playing the game along with MW3.  Would be hard for them to resist playing the game they love with all the trimmings and updated visuals.  Just a thought.

WiimotesRus02

Who the h3ll cares, its over now. Maybe if they got the job done right we'd still have a community. Sledgehammer made the right choice. You had one job A_Tey_U

LucaPac

Maybe Treyaerch isn't working on the Wii U version of AW because it prefers to focus on the new Call of Duty next gen (PS4, ONE, PC and Wii U)

In Treyarch I trust

WiimotesRus02

LucaPac wrote:

Maybe Treyaerch isn't working on the Wii U version of AW because it prefers to focus on the new Call of Duty next gen (PS4, ONE, PC and Wii U)

In Treyarch I trust

Hardly likely, think about it, all those people who are desperate to play AW will buy the Xbone or PS4, they're not likely to come back to the U for BO3. I don't trust your judgement,, sorry...

LucaPac

So you've already forgotten CoD4 on Wii?

The porting was made 2 years later instead of porting Cod6, in the meanwhile CoD5 was the 2nd most successful CoD game on Wii after CoD3, no one ran away from Wii for this

And don't forget: without the piracy CoD5 could have sold amost the double (because the piracy exploded around the release of WaW)

WiimotesRus02

LucaPac wrote:

So you've already forgotten CoD4 on Wii?

The porting was made 2 years later instead of porting Cod6, in the meanwhile CoD5 was the 2nd most successful CoD game on Wii after CoD3, no one ran away from Wii for this

And don't forget: without the piracy CoD5 could have sold amost the double (because the piracy exploded around the release of WaW)

I'm not talking about CoD3/4, and most people have already moved away, have you seen the numbers on BO2/Gosts? There's hardly anyone there. If people buy a PS4, which a lot of people I play with are saying they're getting, they'll continue to play on that console, it stands the reason. CoD on WiiU is over. I really want to be wrong, trust me, I do..

GamebroCrazy

again, Activision made this decision to not make a port for Wii U. As a result, none of the game studios are able to help us. We aren't getting it and that's final. I'm sorry guys.

NkoSekirei

look the reason why were not getting advance warfare is due to activision its their fault that the wii u cod base is low cause of being screwed from dlc and support so i say to activsion go hug a cactus.

bitterbub

It's quite possible Treyarch is no longer employed with Activision. Personally, I highly doubt this happened myself, but it's odd that they're not even working on the next Call of Duty. Even more so that it appears Treyarch no longer even communicates with us on the forums, in any form. What a shame. Which might explain why the next Call of Duty will not come to Wii U.

-

Also, off subject I'm not even sure we should care the next Call of Duty won't be making the Wii U. The Wii U is treated pretty badly in terms of content from the Call of Duty games. We get the game, and that's it (and patches, but that's a given). Then Activision complains about lack of customers. Guess what. Customers don't come rushing over when you don't give fair treatment, which is a perfect reason Mario Kart 8 continues to be one of the best selling games. Nintendo continues to provide an amazing game each time they release it, and even with this next installment so far each of the DLC they've offered is one-hundred percent FREE.

chad111

Maybe treyarch is getting something ready for Wii U, just because AW isn't coming to the U don't mean were getting nothing. Besides, I though they were on a 3 year schedule, so wouldn't treyarch be working on their next game already since 2015 is their year to release a game.

like2nap03

chad111 wrote:

Maybe treyarch is getting something ready for Wii U, just because AW isn't coming to the U don't mean were getting nothing. Besides, I though they were on a 3 year schedule, so wouldn't treyarch be working on their next game already since 2015 is their year to release a game.

That's correct.  They are working on the next game.