28 Replies Latest reply: Oct 20, 2014 9:39 AM by OFC-Giorgio RSS

Re: Titan One : Wiimote support for PS/XBOX/PC

OFC-Giorgio

UPDATE:

I knew of both the controllermax dongle and the titan one dongle (and the

dispute between the two).

Initially I choose (and purchased) the controllermax dongle because of their

claim of a bigger community and better support. However to me the

controllermax "staff" appeared evasive and suspicious about the api, library,

a couple of software/website bugs I informed them about, future fixes and

future updates, as well as arrogant and rude in their communication towards

me (and others).

After asking the same questions in the Titan One forums of

c o n s o l e t u n e r I not only got (more detailed) answers, I also noticed

there were software updates and even my request to have deadzone settings in

MaxAIM DI was added to the new version over night.

For now I assume that the Titan One team is the original developer and has

the source code of the firmware, gtuner and the plugins while the controllermax guys do not.

Based on this information I purchased a Titan One dongle and my scripts also worked on it.

My "CM" scripts all worked on the Titan One of consoletuner.com.

I will publish them in the Titan One / consoletuner database.

I  emptied all my posts at controllermax.com and posted all my stuff in the Titan One / Consoletuner forums
      (the developer even made a wiimote section and made me a moderator).

So please choose Titan One. If you have a CM you will get the wiimote to work but their software upgrade path seems a dead end.

------------------

I like the FPS COD multiplayer gaming with wiimote support (wii: waw, mwr, bo, mw3; wiiu: bo2, ghost) but since the new cod advance warfare is not coming to the wiiu I am looking for alternatives:

As piiwii wrote before on :

Hypothetical Kickstarter idea (Wii Remote)

piiwii Level 1

Ok as much as I hate saying this, it's entirely possible this, or maybe the next COD will be the last one we ever see since the Wii U is basically terminal at this point.

If that ever happens, and the Wii U studio gets shutdown (god forbid), then I have a suggestion. I don't know if this is even feasible but hear me out.

The few of you in charge of building the Wii Remote part create a Kickstarter for a standalone PC app that adds a Wii Remote config panel. As much as I love playing with KB&M, when I connect my PC to the big screen and play on the sofa, it's Wii Remote all the way.

You can kind of get this working now but it's cumbersome. There's a lot of screwing around and even then it's not the same. It doesn't feel the same. If there was a control panel that looked exactly like the Wii Remote settings in Ghosts / BLOPS2 that would be awesome.

I reckon it's a small project and would need a few guys at most, and I think there are enough people in the community that can't move over to DA and would happily support this. As much as I would love to buy a PS4 in the event that this happens, I just can't adapt to DA controls.

OFC-Giorgio wrote:

That's a great idea!

I love the wiimote and dual analog stick are next to impossible for me to use in a FPS.

A few months ago I had the same thoughts (when BO2 for wiiu was canceled)

I searched the web for wiimote PC software i.e. a mouse/keyboard simulator driven

by the wiimote and the nunchuck.

I found two: one closed source scripting engine software (it's called "pie" or something) and

the open source wiimote library for Windows .Net C# as well as some example programs

that use wiimote as a mouse for powerpoint presentations (which worked perfectly)

as well as playing COD games (which had "room for improvement").

As I am a software developer, I preferred the open source library and

managed to produce a test program that had the PC version COD World at War

keyboard and mouse mapped to the wiimote and nunchuck (which operate via bluetooth).

The buttons of the wiimote and  the nunchuck and even the shaking of the nunchuck worked fine.

Although using the Wiimote as a mouse on the windows desktop worked perfectly,

making it to work in COD World at War like the wiimote in COD games on the wii/wiiu

with deadzones, sensitivity settings, turning the cam when the wiimote pointer leaves the

deadzone etc. takes much more programming effort. I programmed some deadzone

functions, purchased PC COD World at War and tested it with the wiimote.

Here I only can salute the Treyarch guys for making the wiimote work so nicely in the

wii/wiiu cod games.

I could easily move within the game (nunchuck stick) and performing actions that

required a gesture (shake) or a keyboard keystroke worked fine.

The AIMing and looking around was much harder and the people playing

with the mouse slaughtered me (e.g. 3 kills - 50 deaths) which

imo was 75% due to my control setup and 25% due to my lack of knowledge of

the (for me new) maps, my mickey mouse graphics card and of course my old reflexes.

I hope that future COD games with wiimote support will available in the future.

But I don't mind working on a PC wiimote project either

(after prestiging a few of my squad guys and dolls in ghosts).

• Re: Wiimote support for PC
          WiimotesRus02

Too many people have told me the PC is hacked to h3ll, and that's what drove nearly all the wii players away 2 years ago. Like you my gaming on fps games will be over, except when some friends want to play some of the older games. Nearly everyone I know is getting a PS4, so yeah, time to move on and acknowledge  for the most part it was fun while it lasted.

• This reply has been hidden. This can happen if the message has been hidden by a moderator, or has been reported as abusive.
          • This reply has been hidden. This can happen if the message has been hidden by a moderator, or has been reported as abusive.
            ofc-hazard

Cheering on your efforts Giorgio!  Can't wait to play some of the older COD titles on PS3 with extra maps/content + the Wiimote

OFC-Giorgio

Last night I received the controllermax. Spent some time updating the firmware but all went fine.

Today I got the cheapest ps3 package: 12Gb with fifa soccer (no 500Gb harddrive) @ 200Euro

and a new cod ghost and a new cod bo for ps3

I also got a battery operated wii wireless sensorbar (which is in effect just 4 led lights that the wiimote uses to get its bearings).

My cheapo bluetooth dongle (that I used in testing of and programming with the wiimote lib software) works fine with the controllermax.

So I uploaded a cod wiimote script into the controllermax with their nice windows program (via a usb cable) to prepare the controllermax stick for usage.

I plugged my bluetooth dongle into the controller max and let it discover the wiimote+nunchuck.

I finally plugged the controller max in the ps3 and I could use the wiimote + nunchuck in call of duty Ghost for the PS3 YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

but the button mapping need to be reconfigured (which can be easily done in the wiimote script).

So this week I will adjust the script so the wiimote operates in wii bravo settings mode and really test the aiming with the wiimote.

So far so verrrrry good (after some config hurdles that I took but I can help you guys with) and soon the final verdict.

PS3 here I come :-)

Even if Advance Warfare would not come to any platform I will still have loads of fun and the coming home feeling with the PS3 versions of MWR (i.e. MW2), BO, MW3. :)

chad111

This is good you like the feel of the controls, I'm sold, if one Wii remote user likes it then I don't see why I wont like it. I used alpha setting for a long time, now I use the custom setting and swap the + and - buttons.

OFC-Giorgio

I will do some more testing after the button layout is changed to my bravo style settings.

But it looks very promising. The number of users on the ps3 (and xbox and even the pc) are much higher so I expect more casual players/noobs (although I play hardcore team dead match most of the time and the hardcore mode players are most of the time much more experienced).  The PC platform I would not enter with my wiimote since I found out in my previous wiimotelib adventure that the mouse+keyboard is the fastest controller of all (followed by the wiimote and the duals sticks (without aim assist).

M4GNUM

Thanks for posting this - a lot of good info. How do you overcome the need for wiimote settings? Camera speed, sensitivity, etc?

OFC-Giorgio

Today I played a little bit with the controllermax and I got almost all of the buttons working right like on the wii(u) which was very nice to have working in the ps3 version of the ghosts game

In ps3 cod ghosts there's only one sensitivity setting (1-20).

The controllermax scripts seem to have only settings for sensitivity, deadzone and stickshape (rectangle for mouse, circle for sticks/wiimote pointer) but do provide additional programming options (api and scripting).

The settings out of the box are far from ideal.

I have to look more into these settings and the programming/scripting options to come with the final verdict or a final good setup. So there's still hope but there needs to be more programming/scripting todo.

onlyUSEmeSKILLZ

Dude I adapted, I could never go back to wiimote now. Took a while, but so worth it

OFC-Giorgio

I got some updates on the PS3 wiimote testing and will post them in a new topic since this topic's subject is about PC and the controllermax supports PS/XBOX/PC.

OFC-Giorgio

UPDATE

I knew of both the controllermax dongle and the titan one dongle (and the

dispute between the two).

Initially I choose (and purchased) the controllermax dongle because of their

claim of a bigger community and better support. However to me the

controllermax "staff" appeared evasive and suspicious about the api, library,

a couple of software/website bugs I informed them about, future fixes and

future updates, as well as arrogant and rude in their communication towards

me (and others).

After asking the same questions in the Titan One forums of

c o n s o l e t u n e r I not only got (more detailed) answers, I also noticed

there were software updates and even my request to have deadzone settings in

MaxAIM DI was added to the new version over night.

For now I assume that the Titan One team is the original developer and has

the source code of the firmware, gtuner and the plugins while the controllermax guys do not.

Based on this information I purchased a Titan One dongle and my scripts also worked on it.

My "CM" scripts all worked on the Titan One of consoletuner.com.

I will publish them in the Titan One / consoletuner database.

I  emptied all my posts at controllermax.com and posted all my stuff in the Titan One / Consoletuner forums
                            (the developer even made a wiimote section and made me a moderator).

So please choose Titan One. If you have a CM you will get the wiimote to work but their software upgrade path seems a dead end.