30 Replies Latest reply: Aug 28, 2014 12:07 PM by spudchucker22 RSS

No Mic = No Play

roblair

PS4 players-  you can afford a PS4 but you cant afford a headset/mic? Seriously people!

It blows my mind how many players don't have a mic. Makes me want to give up and go back to PS3.

I don't care how good your stats are if you're a random and don't have a mic, I don't want to play with you. For all I know it could be your kid (or parent lol) that's on your account.

• Re: No Mic = No Play
          vince217

the sad part is that the PS4 comes with a mic.  i think most people just leave it in the ps4 box.

ps4: vcdiaz

phantom139

Joy... Here we go.... again >:|

Personally, I can't stand people like you, in fact, usually when I run into someone on XBL who leaves a game because someone doesn't have a mic, <sarcasm> I send them a 15 second message of me laughing at them before adding them to my permanent block list </sarcasm>. And here's four really good reasons why.

1) Sometimes, I just like to listen to my music when playing Extinction, and having loud voices screaming at me to do something over and over again when they're the source of the problem isn't really fun. Also, over the course of playing this game for a long period of time I've grown accustomed to simply knowing how the mechanics work, and where I need to be looking at specific times, I don't need your voice blasting in my head all the time.

And also people, you don't need to scream at me to do challenges, when you're the one shooting when downed during an accuracy challenge. And when you rage-quit after failing it, don't cry when you also get added to my permanent block list. Two types of people I hate: "Mic-Needing Screamers", and "Rage-Quitters". It's extinction, we're playing for fun.

2) Parties. If I'm in a party talking with my friends, some of them who are enjoying other games at the time, why on earth would I want to switch to game chat just to humor your "obvious need" for a microphone.

3) <= 13-Y Olds. I know some of you might see this in many ways, but I just don't like to listen to the squeakers. And before you say the whole mute button works thing to me, what happens when everyone else in the game is <= 13-Y. You'd essentially be playing without a microphone at that point anyways.

4) Rank Based Silent Communication. Anyone in a lobby who looks at the statistics for me will automatically know that I know what I'm doing. I personally have over 115 escapes and a ton of kills. I don't think you'd have 115 escapes without knowing how to complete challenges and be a team player in random matches.

@Vulture: Not everyone is that way, in fact, 75% of my games with randoms, I never plug my microphone in once, and we do absolutely fine as a team even then. I've also had numerous successful completionist games when playing with other players without microphones, and they were supporting the team the entire game. Some of them even recognized that I had MS and were jumping on search piles for me to dig up for them.

I know finding a good game can sometimes be difficult, but never leave a decision on something completely idiotic and stupid as not having a microphone. People without microphones can still hear what you say, simply ask them to toggle in the menu something to confirm they understand what you're saying, and if they do, you'll be fine, but don't pass silly judgements down, you might just get blocked by someone who actually has plenty of experience.

Stinky666

Wow, from your posts and discussions, I genuinely thought you weren't immature, but apparently you are. Who sends messages just because people back out. It's the same issue with a lot of other crap in the game: each to their own. If I don't want to play with you because you have no mic, or because you're using a specific loadout, I wont. No need to send me weird, or insulting messages just because our preferences differ.

roblair

phantom139 wrote:

Joy... Here we go.... again >:|

Personally, I can't stand people like you, in fact, usually when I run into someone on XBL who leaves a game because someone doesn't have a mic, I send them a 15 second message of me laughing at them before adding them to my permanent block list. And here's four really good reasons why.

1) Sometimes, I just like to listen to my music when playing Extinction, and having loud voices screaming at me to do something over and over again when they're the source of the problem isn't really fun. Also, over the course of playing this game for a long period of time I've grown accustomed to simply knowing how the mechanics work, and where I need to be looking at specific times, I don't need your voice blasting in my head all the time.

And also people, you don't need to scream at me to do challenges, when you're the one shooting when downed during an accuracy challenge. And when you rage-quit after failing it, don't cry when you also get added to my permanent block list. Two types of people I hate: "Mic-Needing Screamers", and "Rage-Quitters". It's extinction, we're playing for fun.

2) Parties. If I'm in a party talking with my friends, some of them who are enjoying other games at the time, why on earth would I want to switch to game chat just to humor your "obvious need" for a microphone.

3) <= 13-Y Olds. I know some of you might see this in many ways, but I just don't like to listen to the squeakers. And before you say the whole mute button works thing to me, what happens when everyone else in the game is <= 13-Y. You'd essentially be playing without a microphone at that point anyways.

4) Rank Based Silent Communication. Anyone in a lobby who looks at the statistics for me will automatically know that I know what I'm doing. I personally have over 115 escapes and a ton of kills. I don't think you'd have 115 escapes without knowing how to complete challenges and be a team player in random matches.

@Vulture: Not everyone is that way, in fact, 75% of my games with randoms, I never plug my microphone in once, and we do absolutely fine as a team even then. I've also had numerous successful completionist games when playing with other players without microphones, and they were supporting the team the entire game. Some of them even recognized that I had MS and were jumping on search piles for me to dig up for them.

I know finding a good game can sometimes be difficult, but never leave a decision on something completely idiotic and stupid as not having a microphone. People without microphones can still hear what you say, simply ask them to toggle in the menu something to confirm they understand what you're saying, and if they do, you'll be fine, but don't pass silly judgements down, you might just get blocked by someone who actually has plenty of experience.

maybe you didn't read the part where I said: I don't care how good your stats are if you're a random and don't have a mic, I don't want to play with you. For all I know it could be your kid (or parent lol) that's on your account.

And don't say "people like you" because I am nothing like the people you're complaining about. I actually know how to play and I would never do any of those things to you because I don't play with randoms with no mics

phantom139

And maybe you didn't read the part where I said: People without microphones can still hear what you say, simply ask them to toggle in the menu something to confirm they understand what you're saying, and if they do, you'll be fine, but don't pass silly judgements down, you might just get blocked by someone who actually has plenty of experience.

Again, you need to be a little more logical here. There's plenty of ways to check things without needing them to have to plug in a microphone if they don't have one, or if they don't want to.

If you're so concerned about this, why don't you just go join an Extinction Clan, that way you know who you're playing with and what they're capable of doing, or just arrange for a game of players here on the forums. You don't need to basically come out and tell everyone who doesn't have a microphone or doesn't want to use one: "Please add me to your blocked players list".

This isn't an attack post, or a rant, or anything of the sort. I'm just trying to point out something that sounds highly illogical to me. Nothing more, nothing less.

roblair

phantom139 wrote:

And maybe you didn't read the part where I said: People without microphones can still hear what you say, simply ask them to toggle in the menu something to confirm they understand what you're saying, and if they do, you'll be fine, but don't pass silly judgements down, you might just get blocked by someone who actually has plenty of experience.

Again, you need to be a little more logical here. There's plenty of ways to check things without needing them to have to plug in a microphone if they don't have one, or if they don't want to.

If you're so concerned about this, why don't you just go join an Extinction Clan, that way you know who you're playing with and what they're capable of doing, or just arrange for a game of players here on the forums. You don't need to basically come out and tell everyone who doesn't have a microphone or doesn't want to use one: "Please add me to your blocked players list".

This isn't an attack post, or a rant, or anything of the sort. I'm just trying to point out something that sounds highly illogical to me.

I am in an Extinction Clan - I created the EXTINCTI0N clan   but I just switched to PS4 from PS3 so I can't play with most of my friends.

But yes, please do add me right now to your blocked list if you don't use a mic. Helps me so that I don't waste time searching for lobbies

xoMrSLAVEox

Awesome text man.   I dont use mic but i know what to do and listen to others, i have 184 escapes.

Im from Finland so my english isnt the best and has family+kids so i cant use mic often.

But i can say that im more team player that a guy with mic

thedinobot16

I usually use my mic. Sometimes though I just don't feel like using it and would rather listen to music instead (actually most of the times this is the case) and will just mute my mic. I can hear you through my headset/tv and can deploy ammo/armor w/e else I am upgrading whenever you ask/is needed. I usually let the other people I play with choose when to start the drill/generator. I really don't see a need for it though, but that's just my opinion :]

Youngblood_73

i always have my headset on, so if somebody needs something i can hear them . but 90% of the time my mic is muted because theres all kinds of noises going on in my house (dogs barking, people talking to me while im playing, kids making all kinds  of noise).

i don't like listening to someone on the mic talking to other people in their house, so i mute my mic so nobody has to put up with it from my end.

roblair

I'm an introvert. I have social anxiety and until I get to really know someone, I keep to myself. When I search for lobbies and I don't know anyone there, its so awkward for me and uncomfortable, but I turn my mic on because I know how important communication is for this game.

Most of the time I keep my mic on mute once the game starts and only unmute myself when asked a question or if I need to share something with my teammates so I understand that not everyone wants to socialize while they pla. But I also understand that when playing CO-OP I need to communicate with my TEAM.

(I know some may not believe that I have social anxiety because of how outspoken I am on the forums but communicating thru text and writing is a lot easier for me than vocalizing anything.)

Medrano911

I never like keeping to myself, if all the people in the lobby have mics but no one speaks I usually break the silence, I can stand people just saying one word every now and then I just can't handle complete silence and I like to be able to communicate so I usually don't play with no mics unless I can get some sort of communication through with them.

slyd0g55

Lately I just run custom matches and my friends online join up when they finish or when they jump on, saves having to deal with the players without a MIC or Idiots..

Patrlck86

People with mics rock, they allow me to communicate clearly and can let me know immediately if they need help or whatever the case may be, plus its fun to talk to people instead of cruising around silently for an hour or more with people. But that's just me and my love for the spoken word.

But, I find people without mics are just as capable as anyone else playing Extinction, I have had some of my best games with a guy (or gal) with no mic, they are always on point with their respective team boosters and normally are much higher prestige than myself so they normally are decked out with dbl class or MS etc.

Everyone has preferences but don't exclude someone from a game because of a trivial thing. ALso is you want to communicate with a person with no mic ask them yes/no  q's and they can answer with their clan tag. Had a great convo with a guy who did that couple days ago, he was a great player and was actually funny for only usin 4 characters at a time.

My humble opinion

Graedad

You make a good point. Talking is not a prerequisite to a successful game, provided everyone knows what they're doing. The problem arises when that's not the case: a lack of communication  often leads to miscues, frustration, and in many cases failure (of challenges, if not completion).

I used to be fine with someone declaring up front that they can't converse during a game, as long as we have connected and understand who's doing what. However, given that there's an added incentive (teeth bonus) for completing all challenges, I now won't play with anyone who isn't communicating since coordinating on the fly can make the difference between achieving or failing some challenges.

Incidentally, for the same reason, I now pretty much avoid playing with randoms altogether, preferring to go solo if no one I know is available. I have to say I don't miss all the wasted time searching for a decent lobby and the incessant, "Do you talk?" questions....

H2Oslider24

I agree..I used to be a lot more open to playing with people who don't have mics, and still do occasionally.  But with teeth at stake for completionist...I will almost always back out now if they don't have a mic unless I have played with them before.  No matter what you all say, you're a better team mate when you can communicate.

JDSnead

Agree, If I see they have over 100 mission completed I assume they know what they are doing(no need for Mics) now because the Teeth system, I refuse to play with noobs anymore. 1 tooth doesn't out weigh the many you can get with a perfect game, even if they have a Mic & I would never play with Split screeners.

spudchucker22

I like you have just moved from ps3 to ps4, that is the one big difference that I noticed, not many players with or not using mic. I always had my mic on when playing on ps3 but now on ps4 I very rarely plug it in.

I will play with players who do not have a mic, but if I could choose I would prefer to play with people who are using a mic, as in my opinion, if the team communicates the game is a lot easier

If you want to add me my GT is spudchucker22

roblair

spudchucker22 wrote:

I like you have just moved from ps3 to ps4, that is the one big difference that I noticed, not many players with or not using mic. I always had my mic on when playing on ps3 but now on ps4 I very rarely plug it in.

I will play with players who do not have a mic, but if I could choose I would prefer to play with people who are using a mic, as in my opinion, if the team communicates the game is a lot easier

If you want to add me my GT is spudchucker22

added- thanks!

Chucky6661

This is most likely due to people being in party chat.