14 Replies Latest reply: Aug 27, 2014 1:58 PM by Shadowelite555 RSS

Call of duty Respawn fix Ideas

THAINFAMOUSBEAST

Everyone knows and hates the respawn points in COD history,but since we all know it most likely is impossible to fix

How about this.

How about if when we die and respawn and the enemy team was next to us we would have kind of a force field on me when i respawn to delay me from dying instantly(From respawn killing) for 3 to 5 seconds.I really think that'll solve out problems and tell the enemies it's pointless to try and respawn kill Because they will die.it's kinda like a defensive barrier to keep the game fair.

Message was edited by: THAINFAMOUSBEAST

• Re: For Call Of Duty To Read!!!!(I Know Thiers been a Debate on Broken Respawns)
          nicedrewishfela

You know Call of Duty is not a person, right?

The Elephant in the Room- The Spawn System

Been some good discussions on this topic here.

• Re: Call of duty Respawn fix Ideas
            DeviousC0DY

This would not work, look at ghosts.

It should the opposite on a lot of maps. You spawn, you leave your spawn to get to the action. Enemy spawns behind you in the spot you just spawned from and shoots you in the back.

What they need to do is have spawn points on the outside of the map that give you 3 ways to enter in. You can see but are unable to shoot from these spots until on the map. These would literally be all over the map, so you could not spawn trap them.

It would cut down on spawn trapping, flipping sides so quickly and getting killed from behind. It would also stop people from spawning on objectives in dom. It would also make a spawn beacon worth using and not for boosting.

biron_w

How about the game just stops bloody spawning people in the line of sight of other players? It wasn't a problem in earlier CODs. It's been a massive problem from MW3 onwards.

This is what I've said in literally DOZENS OF THREADS ON THIS TOPIC: the priority for the spawn system should be to spawn players as far away from enemy players as possible.

Izjar11

biron_w wrote:

How about the game just stops bloody spawning people in the line of sight of other players? It wasn't a problem in earlier CODs. It's been a massive problem from MW3 onwards.

This is what I've said in literally DOZENS OF THREADS ON THIS TOPIC: the priority for the spawn system should be to spawn players as far away from enemy players as possible.

unfortunately this is not true, spawns have always been an issue, either they are far too predictable or they are "revenge spawning"

these videos mostly show, spawn "trapping" a big problem as well. I believe because people did this, they created the "revenge spawn" system. To combat, people from trapping others in known spawn areas.

biron_w

Spawn trapping is a different thing from general crap spawning. Spawn trapping is just abusing the system in modes like Dom and Demolition.

In early CODs you didn't have a lot of spawn issues on modes like TDM(unless it was one of the horrible tiny maps) whereas in recent CODs you can have multiple bad spawns in every game you play. I've played games on BO2 and Ghosts where I spawned in front of enemy players 2 or 3 times in a row. In older CODs I'd spawn near/in front of an enemy on rare occasions.

Izjar11

biron_w wrote:

Spawn trapping is a different thing from general crap spawning. Spawn trapping is just abusing the system in modes like Dom and Demolition.

In early CODs you didn't have a lot of spawn issues on modes like TDM(unless it was one of the horrible tiny maps) whereas in recent CODs you can have multiple bad spawns in every game you play. I've played games on BO2 and Ghosts where I spawned in front of enemy players 2 or 3 times in a row. In older CODs I'd spawn near/in front of an enemy on rare occasions.

right, as I mentioned I believe, due to trapping "revenge spawn" (good or bad) was implemented to avoid just that. So it stems from somewhere, (this is my opinion).

There is no fix, the only one I see is a (small) delay in spawning.

rankismet

THAINFAMOUSBEAST wrote:

Everyone knows and hates the respawn points in COD history,but since we all know it most likely is impossible to fix

How about this.

How about if when we die and respawn and the enemy team was next to us we would have kind of a force field on me when i respawn to delay me from dying instantly(From respawn killing) for 3 to 5 seconds.I really think that'll solve out problems and tell the enemies it's pointless to try and respawn kill Because they will die.it's kinda like a defensive barrier to keep the game fair.

Message was edited by: THAINFAMOUSBEAST

The "kind of force field" is a respawn invulnerability timer... and it would be like putting a soggy band-aide on gun shot.

... i get why you are asking for it...

... but if the system is not addressed... you will just die a few seconds later than you would have.

phxs72

On most COD maps you can easily be halfway to all the way across them in 3 to 5 seconds.  What you are proposing would make super soldiers out of anyone that died and start a chain reaction of super soldier creation.  It's not a good idea.  There is no easy fix for bad spawns other than to slow down the pace of the game.  If they did slow it down sales would decrease as those that play COD generally prefer it to other shooters because of it's fast pace.  Even though its that very pace that creates problems finding a safe spawn.

Shadowelite555

So we can fire and kill the other team while being in the invincible force field? Not really fair.