23 Replies Latest reply: Aug 31, 2014 9:39 AM by Mohumpus RSS

Anyone else noticed a sudden influx of garbage players?

Vulcan Hades

I'm not talking about players who go 5-10 or 4-12. I mean really terrible, total FPS noops who clearly don't have a clue of what they're doing and average 1-16 or 2-20 per game. I seem to always have one of these morons on my team lately.

I mean I've seen people with really crappy KDs, but not this often. Maybe the new DLC brought some of the scrubs back? lol I dunno..

• Re: Anyone else noticed a sudden influx of garbage players?
          nicedrewishfela

Kind of reeks of a "GOML" thread.

Shadowelite555

If I had a quarter every time I heard, ohh never mind.

thebigmac316

Who cares who sucks, who's mediocre and who's good.  Just play the game.  What is making a post on here about it going to do?  Make the players that aren't good great?!

Bulletcasster75

^^^EXACTLY^^^ we all gota start somewhere!!

Vulcan Hades

Well obviously I care because I don't want to play with filthy casuls who don't even try, know the basics or care about the team/game. I mean at some point when you're 1-12/2-20 you should just quit a match altogether lol.  I do quit sometimes when I feel like I'm doing horribly. Some might say I'm a rage quitter but in reality it's because I care about the team and I feel they would do better without me  (I never dashboard, I quit and take the loss + damage to my KD).

Giving players bad reviews doesn't do anything afaik, and since the terrible players never leave their lobby I'm forced to quit games until I get decent teammates. And by "decent" of course I mean any skill level that isn't absolute garbage. 1-20 KD is a joke.

Why even play hardcore team death match if you don't even know who the bad guys are and barely understand how to aim/shoot or play in general? Learn that stuff in free for all / core or one of the other baby modes..

I don't know why some of you are getting so mad about it unless you also go 1-10 almost every game. If that's the case I find your salty tears of anger hilarious.  I couldn't care less if you are butthurt by my comment/thread. I was enjoying this game before you scrubs came back and ruined every freaking game I join where the score is 50-8. Please gtfo of my lobby LOL. Actually gtfo of hardcore altogether, it's not a mode for little kids who complain about snipers and IEDs.

I just want to play good close games. Is that too much to ask?  I guess this is kind of related with match making. Why even put me in these games with players far better or far worse than me? I really don't get it.

nicedrewishfela

You can't control how anyone else plays. I would ask if you are doing your part by helping these "garbage" players with call outs and communication. I play HC TDM as well, and have had some bad teammates as well, but I know I do what I can to help my team in more ways than just on the scoreboard.

Vulcan Hades

Are you even reading what I'm saying. I'm not talking about bad players, I'm talking about garbage players lol. There is nothing you can do or say to help them, they never listen anyway.

If you tell them to watch out for the sniper in the watchtower, they'll run face first into stump hills or sniper hill even though they just died there and even though the kill cam showed where the sniper was located. If you tell them to stay in place and don't move they'll run to their death. If you tell them to run to the other side they'll camp in a corner. If you tell them to look left they'll look right and get stabbed in the back.  There's no point. They don't want to be helped and they don't want to learn.

I've made a few threads and posts where I give advice on how to improve as a player no matter what style you play as but those posts always are ignored so whatever.

nicedrewishfela

People are people, man. All you can do is your best, can't control anyone else.

My only recommendation would be to be patient and don't judge too soon. Make call outs even if they seem to fall on deaf ears. Practice what you preach.

I have seen players that looked like they were playing on a WiFi connection directly from the short bus in one game, and then play pretty solidly the next game. Some players are just helpless, and you can't control that, all you can do is try to mitigate their negative impact on your team.

The solution, of course, for us lone wolf players is to find a team to play with. Can't really complain about getting random teammates when you play a team game as a loner. It is frustrating, I know, but don't let it get to you. Focus more on what you are doing than on what they are (or are not) doing, and you'll enjoy it more. And if you get stuck with a team of complete imbeciles.. finish the match, leave the lobby, and find a better one.

ErUPtiON

Sometimes I play with my nephews. They are the ones going 1-15. I try to keep them in private match as much as I can, but every once in a while they want to play in the big leagues. They are only 10ish, and I try to show them the ropes... but they just don't care or play enough to do well. They just want to play with their uncle is all.

Not every situation is what you think my friend

nicedrewishfela

Great, great point. You never know what is going on in that person's living room.

In my house, with all the dogs and cats running around, sometimes I get distracted. So if you ever see me spinning in a corner I might be turned around fussing at the dogs.

If you beat me in a gunfight I probably should have won... a cat may have walked in front of my screen.

People just get too darn serious and quick to judge.

JTerk498

Exactly... Life happens outside of the game, while you're playing the game, and that sometimes distracts you, or causes you to put the controller down for a second or two. It happens.

I had a match once, in Ghosts, where I had to lay down in a concealed spot, and asked a teammate or two to defend the area, and they did. But one bozo decided that he was going to try to TK me, but in HC, of course there's reflection damage, so it killed him, and he did this 5 times in 20-30 seconds... The reason I had to lay down, I had to change the batteries in my headset. lol. Took longer than normal because I dropped one of the new batteries, and rolled under the chair I was sitting in. So sh*t happens.

But I do get why the OP is frustrated about it. I don't like seeing a player in a game I just got into being 0-15 or 1-15, cause I know they are most likely ruining the game for the team I happened to get matched to. But, I know there's nothing I can do about it.

Some people take pleasure in making the game unbearable for others, that's why Ghosts has so many hackers, partly. But the players going 0-15 or 1-15 just running around saying "Shoot me, here I am" do get on my nerves, but as I stated before, and stated by others, you can't control other people. But if they are trying their hardest, and can only go 1-15, or maybe even 3-20, then I calm down a little. Because I know not everyone is going to go 25-3 on HCTDM. Hell, I'm lucky if I go 15-10, and that's on a good internet day. On an average one, I'm usually breaking even or slightly under 1.00 for the match. Then the hackers come in..... Not going into that here. lol

So, OP, take a breath when you see these people, and follow them around for a minute or two, see if they are actually trying to get kills. If they are, it means one of two things... They are either not that experienced (they will get better playing), or their internet is crap, on the ping side of it. And the transition from Core to HC is a drastic learning cure on any COD, because most core players rely heavily on the Map, ammo counter, and other things in the HUD. When they switch to HC, they will have to get used to no HUD, and for some, it takes more time than others. I'm just speaking from experience on this.

EJKHunter

considering 1.0 flat is on the curve and average (it means you clearly understand how to play competitively, even if you aren't the best in terms of the actual killing part), I'm fairly far over said curve.. but even I have deplorable games sometimes. Sometimes it's distractions, as mentioned above, but sometimes you just simply can't get it together in a match. I've had games where I get sync beat (someone with an LMG and no ready up comes out of sprint and outdraws my SMG with ready up.. at that point it's lag comp in his favor lol) for my first death, and then repeatedly get spawn killed over and over in long strings.. like, not take more than a single step sort of worked over.. the game just keeps tossing me in front of pushers or right in someone's scope that's long ranging. In that instance, when I realize I'm down 10+ and haven't even gotten a kill, I back out for the sake of my team.. because all I'm doing is helping the OTHER team out, and it's beyond my control.

I know, as a rusher and control point pusher myself, that sometimes once you kill someone you just keep catching them off their next spawn.. it's how the game's spawn system was made.. it's a terribly programmed system, but there's nothing that can be done.. in this instance, staying in neither helps you to become a better player (because there's absolutely nothing you can do in the scenario I described except wait for a good spawn) nor does it help those on your team trying to.. ya know, win.. so I fully understand what the OP is talking about.

There IS a point where backing out is completely understandable and acceptable, this would be it. The important thing is to know when you are more of a problem than the enemy team, and that's where the ego takes over most players... even noobs with absolutely no idea what stick does what yet.

He's right, lately there have been a lot more players that contribute nothing for their team and turn an otherwise good match into a slaughter.. I won't call them garbage, but I myself have noticed a lot of people that just simply don't play or don't have any sort of reaction time.. even those that talk and respond actively. No point in getting upset over it, but as far as noticing them.. yeah.. there's a lot more than I think I've ever seen in a CoD during its lifespan..

I hate having to carry someone who gets into a game and puts their controller down.. I ironically also report them for boosting, because if you have to put the controller down, you have time to leave the game.. you probably should just hit the power button on your way up too until your schedule clears up and stop trying to play while chaos is going on around you.. those are the breaks..

indy56

I will have to remember those excuse`s lol

zingaa

ErUPtiON wrote:

Sometimes I play with my nephews. They are the ones going 1-15. I try to keep them in private match as much as I can, but every once in a while they want to play in the big leagues. They are only 10ish, and I try to show them the ropes... but they just don't care or play enough to do well. They just want to play with their uncle is all.

Not every situation is what you think my friend

I have a similar situation, I play with my nephew in Texas, he's really bad, but we have fun. I think his best game was 5-15.

To the op, beginner players aren't scrubs, scrubs are k/d whores in Domination. Just remember, we were all beginners at one point with those same stats.

well if you just leave them to boost and go on another game type then you will be fine. not really bothering you now are they. if they were actually doing something to the way you play or they hacked or something then yeah people might care but they aren't harming no one so best to leave them to harm themselves in the game. haven't been on in a while so not sure if there is loads of noobs but advanced warfare will be out soon so same boat for everyone. speaking of which what day is the 3rd of November?

Careless_Chaos

I know there have just been a ****-ton of snipers like back in bo2.

Sebrod10

man a lot of negative feedback on this, but I agree I have been saying this the last few days. I usually run with a team of 4-6 so them being bad isn't a big detriment but the opposing team gets ripped to shreds, we're running into .70 and below K/D kids. Now we're pretty good by most standards but we've been playing other games so we have a bit of rust, me in particular, my aim is god awful at the moment. Bad k/d doesn't always equate to bad player but the kids that I have played against are TERRIBLE!! We are winning gunfights we have no business winning, every game at least one of us said "I don't know how he didn't kill me".

So i feel for you if these guys are on your team, I would really recommend you party up even if its random players that have had a good game in your lobby because you'll just dominate with people that are even halfway decent.

Vulcan Hades

Yeah the frustrating part is most of the games we lose when the score is 75-30 would actually be close and fun games if someone on our team didn't go 1-20.

I'm sure a lot of players do this on purpose because one game they are 1-25 then the next game, when they are on the side of clan X, they magically go 12-2.   And it's not one of those cases where they go AFK because I can see them play and troll when they're on my team. Some of them purposely get in your way or empty their mag to let the enemy know where you are etc.

I just wish we could kick these sort of players by popular vote. I mean if you're talking on the phone while having a blowjob or AFK you shouldn't even be playing, you're handicapping a team so you should quit the game or get kicked. It's common sense.

tahoephoenix

Ive seen the same thing game after game.. I watched one player go 0-20, 0-19, 0-13 then one game he went 1-10  the next game I watched him, he would run into a high traffic area and just stand or crotch.  I looked at his combat record and he has a 2.3 K/D, how is that even possible when his last 5 games showed major negative...  I am really tired of this game, only hoping that November looks better, but not going to shell out the cash for new game until after the release and I hear feedback.

Mohumpus

I've noticed it as well (along with the awful matchmaking resulting in horrible lag since the patch). It may be due in part to really good players going back to school and the fact that the game and DLCs selling for half price attracting new players. As others have said, party up with friends to minimize the random team mates.