23 Replies Latest reply: Sep 3, 2014 2:50 AM by olipops21 RSS

What's up with all the noobtubers?

Vulcan Hades

Lately I've seen a drastic increase of noobtubers.  Now I don't usually mind noobtubers because most of them suck and only noobtube because they can't kill anything with a normal weapon.

But when a good player decides to noobtube things start getting annoying. Because not only do they know all the sniper spots,  they know where each side starts and where players respawn depending on which section they are controlling. So for a good player, it's extremely easy to get multiple kills, spawn trap kills and revenge kills with noobtubes.

On the other hand, even with Blast Shield on I find myself dying to one tube more often than not. Which makes me believe they over nerfed some defences against explosions and nerfed IEDs, Riot Shield etc. to the point where noobtubing has become a more legit strat than it was before.

Anyone else get this feeling?

• Re: What's up with all the noobtubers?
          nicedrewishfela

They are silly easy to use, and still far too effective.

This combination + this community always equals overuse.

Especially heinous in Hardcore. Nothing worse that having the jump on an enemy, making a better tactical decision, and they just fire in your general direction and get the kill.

thebigmac316

I have noticed things come in waves.  I play dom a lot with my clan and its usually one week we get bombed with noob tubes, grenades and semtex's then all of a sudden it just stops and no one uses them again, then the next week everyone we play uses flash bangs and concussion grenades and then it stops.  And lately its been a lot and i mean a lot of marathon and agility users.  Now those are starting to die down.  It seems week in and week out the wave changes to a different item or perk.

slowandsmooth

Tubes always come in waves with camping playing alot of hardcore Tdm lately and people sit in the same spot the entire game just waiting for people its getting really bad lately so more people are tubing. It's really funny though how many people that complain about tubes are the same ones that sit still the entire game and don't just use a trophy system.

I think lmgs with thermal sites and corner camping with rippers far more noob then tubes.

nicedrewishfela

I don't have a problem with using tubes to unseat campers. It's a good tactic.

My issue with them is how quickly they fire in run and gun, and how close range some can kill you. It annoys me more when the campers are the ones using them. If you need to sit in a corner with a noob tube... you have to re-evaluate your life choices.

zingaa

I've been seeing it a lot in HC lately, just weak scrub players is all.

myevo8you

Here is the thing.

You get TWO tubes per life with the underbarrel. If you carry a secondary you can get two more with a kastet. for a MAXIMUM of 4 per life.

Blast shield will eat tube fire, EVEN IN HC unless the shooter is using Danger close which puts the shooter at a SEVERE disadvantage due to it being a FOUR point perk. If that person is using a secondary, then they only have a MAX of 6 slots for perks which means they only have 2 left for anything else.

Whining and crying about people using tubes is really funny to me as it is NO WORSE then people running around with Dead Silence (which now cannot even be countered with Amplify), or running SMG's with stalker, ready up, etc. I never understood the hate for tubes as they are EXACTLY the same as any other explosive. Grenades, C4, claymores, bouncing betties, IEDs (something else that got nerfed to the point of being useless), and many other things blow up yet because people just "don't like" the tube they get their panties in a bunch about it.

gypsyfrogking

the only time i use the underbarrel launcher is if im looking to clear out a room, if someones using blast shield i might not kill them but i know now that they are in there, i never use a secondary so that i can have extra perk points, also good at getting the head glitchers

iamyourfather

There is no reason for anyone to use any kind of nubetube. The only reason why this game is failing for me is because of all the douches that use tubes and riotshields.

gypsyfrogking

If someone is hardscoping a doorway while his friend picks off people from a window which happens a lot on warhawk sometimes the only way to get them out is with a tube or in behind a guy with a shield, they are both handy for clearing a way into a room protected by ieds, if you have 2 or 3 guys come around a corner at once you might get 1 but chances are you will be hit by the second guy a tube in the middle evens the odds, how can someone be a douche for using something thats part of the game.

nicedrewishfela

There are valid reasons, sadly the bad ones outweigh them. The only time in this series I have equipped a Noob Tube was A)To complete the challenge in MW2 to unlock the next attachment, and B) in Black Ops and a few others as an "Anti-Camper" class. Someone wanted to camp? Fine, I'd tube.

The issue I have with tubing is how easy and quick it is. It can be done accurately on the run and from short distances (the older games required travel time... I remember in MW2 and MW they would sometimes clink out the tube impotently if you tried to launch it too close). There should be some setup and aim time. Would still be effective for those using as intended, to reach hard to reach or heavily defended points on the map, but not so easy people can just spray them around mindlessly like we've seen as of late.

zingaa

I played a few hours yesterday morning and a few this morning, tube galore, not sure what's up with the influx. Maybe it's the double xp, bringing out the scrubs.

AlteredVista

Does a noobtube overpower blast shield? I always ran blast shield before the IED nerf so it wouldn't bother me if blast shield counters it. Simple swap for hardline.

IconicHeadShot25

I feel ya, it's been noobtube heaven in Dropzone lately, which pisses me off cause I really like playing that mode. Noobtubes need to go now, who's with me?

olipops21

me and my mates have hammered this game it can get a bit repetitive,so recently we have all been running round with panzerfaust ,what a blast parden the pun great fun.i all ready have about 6000 kills with the kastistet.tubes are an absolute blast its great watching bodies fly around the map..its certainly one thing quickscopers don't like,,its like how dare you blow me up..and some times when the lag is bad and you cant get your gun up quick enough tubes are the only answer... so please stop moaning about a perfectly legit tactic in the game I love using them and having fun I paid my 50quid and I will use anything in the game I like,unless you send me 50 quid and you can pick my class for me..............