9 Replies Latest reply: Sep 4, 2014 10:23 PM by AscensionTLKB RSS

Nerf the ancestor blast

xoMrSLAVEox

They should nerf that blue thing that ancestor shoots. Last night we started generator and ancestor came and shot against it and with one blast generator destroyed and nothing else had hitted it before that?? And sometimes it blast u down with one shot and u wear full armor and health.

• Re: Nerf the ancestor blast
          Graedad

Wouldn't this make to too easy?

There's a great line from the movie "A League of Their Own" - toward the end, where Tom Hanks' character admonishes Gina Davis' character when she tells him she's quitting baseball and going home, in part because she says playing's just got to be too hard. He says something like: "It's [professional baseball] supposed to be hard. That's what makes it great."

Don't get me wrong, we've failed more than a few games in this area too and I agree it can be frustrating, but almost never now that we've got a strategy and work as a team.

Patrlck86

I agree with Graedad, it would make it too simple. The only challenging generator (w/ancestor) in my opinion is the parking garage one where you get the mammoth and the ancestor is laying it down heavy on the squad. I find myself jumping in front of those blasts to make sure the generator stays alive. It may result in a down or 3 but that's worth the completion of the mission to me. Plus think about the end with the 3 ancestors, what would be the point of take no damage if he can barely hurt you to begin with....

.....just my few cents

Sch4effer

Just drop a trophy system by the broken wall where the ancestor fires from, they work wonderfully at stopping those nasty warp blasts.

xoMrSLAVEox

I always use trophy if i found one. But generator broke with its first blast? Never happened before

Graedad

Disclaimer: I really haven't played Exodus enough to be an expert, but these tactics seem to help.  Others may have better suggestions

• Do this generator last or at least later, so everyone is upgraded and equipped
                      • Further to above, have venom grenades and/or sticky flares ready to deal with the mammoth. Grenades really work, and if you hit him dead on with a sticky flare you'll immobilize him (and everything else) for an easy kill
                      • Set up a trophy, as noted above, and it helps to have an engineer to set, defend and repair the generator
                      • IMS by the generator really helps
                      • Decide right away whether the initial team focus is the ancestor or the challenge. If you fail to coordinate there's a greater chance of failing the game at this point than virtually any other
                      • Obviously the faster you kill the ancestor, the better. Depending on the lobby and the game, it might be preferable to sacrifice the challenge/completion bonus (especially if it's late in the game) for the escape
                    N0cturn41Vu1tur

they should nerf everything in the game, they should make this game easier than it already is! they should make it that were invincible and there is no challenge or strategy to the game so we level 1's can escape on our first games XD

the games fine. nothing needs nerfing, just patching and fixing glitches

CraziBoi94

Eh... you can avoid it pretty easily. Its a very slow attack that can be simply dodged. Id take fixing glitches & wholes on maps rather than this.

AscensionTLKB

Its not that bad its is easy to dodge plus if you have an Ark you can shoot it and it should go away