43 Replies Latest reply: Sep 9, 2014 7:38 AM by Graedad RSS

Everywhere rules and Everywhere sucks!...just last night..UK ruled slightly more

H2Oslider24

I was having just the sh#ttiest night ever last night...people failing challenges, people backing out of games, people running too many relics for their abilities, you know the story... It was getting late and I had failed 3 games in a row for various stupid ass reasons...one game on poc with 3 1st prestige..I immediately found an ark and extended mag...was all pumped..then they all quit at the 2nd hive because they had no idea what an ark was and they called me a hacker and said they were going to report me...seriously?...just totally discouraged and pissed at randoms lobbies...then happened into a Exodus lobby with 3 guys from UK, 2 were roommates and the third seemed to be a friend of theirs.  Was odd, because I hardly ever get in a random lobby with 1 player from UK, let alone 3.  They were all around 15th-20th prestige.  They immediately made me feel like one of the gang and we spent a few minutes setting up and started. I ran medic for the 1st time in probably 3 months.  I only ran 1 relic, 2 of the guys ran 0 relics, and the last ran 2.  It was not a challenging game by any means...we simply just kicked ass.  We opened every single door, completed every challenge with ease, everyone throwing team support, calling out boxes, etc...I was giving my best British accent and they were giving me their best Californian accent (a lot of "hey bro" and "what's up dude")...it was frickin hilarious.  Every ancestor was obliterated faster than I have ever seen.  This was one of the most fun games I have ever had.  I love these games when everyone is completely dedicated to the team- this is why I play this game.  They are now all on my friends list and I'm looking forward to more games..

Thanks!- UK Rules...at least for today!

• Re: UK Rules!
          N0cturn41Vu1tur

im from the UK and not everybody here rules XD some of us do because we try our best and were not all scrubs at the game XD the worst players ive known was from the east side of America. most people from random lobbies are idiots anyways dude, i'd expect them to report you because they don't even know what you can get in the game.

H2Oslider24

I know...I don't lump people together by where their from (well..not usually since I guess I just did)...just giving props for one great game.  It was a sh3t load of fun..

N0cturn41Vu1tur

yeah I like random lobbies like that. my best random lobby has to be hardcore point of contact. my first escape for that was with these 3 randoms who were 6th, 8th and 12th on the leaderboards and already did 5 relics. they helped me escape and then redid it and I ran my own 5 relics and beaten there scores XD I got 5th that night and it was a random lobby which I was shocked about

phantom139

I'm in the Midwest in the US, and I have yet to have one person complain about me causing any problems in their matches due to my playstyle or experience with Extinction. Most of my friends also live in either the US and Canada, and we're avid Extinction players who do all the challenges, and help out other players for the good of the team.

The whole public match system I think falls under three points when it comes to "bad" players:

1) Low level players who don't know anything.

2) Random players who could care less about Extinction and are playing it because it's there.

3) Time of day being played.

H2Oslider24

Just for the record..was by no way trying to say ALL UK players are this..or all US players are that...just had 1 great game...still laughing to myself thinking about their "surfer dude" linguistic attempts throughout the whole game  ...it was frickin hilarious.  I love people who can laugh at themselves and we all were.  That being said..I think you are on my friends list...we should have a game soon...I'm tiring of random lobbies at least while trying to grind for teeth.  Hit me up if you see me on and I'll do the same.

phantom139

Yeah, I was in no way making that kind of a point either, just making sure nobody else does.

I'll be sure to get into a game with you sometime, most of the time I'm already with a group, or busy doing something else.

N0cturn41Vu1tur

For me I have many friends in both UK and America, most of my American friends came from a clan/BO Zombies background but they were still terrible at this game. low ranked, unskilled and didn't attempt on improving there own skills either. I had a player talk to me about how to do things yet I was like triple everything they ever did and they didn't liked it when I spoken back XD it also comes into another 2 catagories:

Location of players: example is a UK player or American Player

and then it goes down to how lucky you are at finding a bad or good player in that region. I found a lot of bad UK players but most good players are equal really, French, UK, America, Near Germany... allsorts. everywhere rules and everywhere sucks!

• Re: Everywhere rules and Everywhere sucks!...just last night..UK ruled slightly more
                            Darren_The_Rope

I'm in the midwest also, had a great game recently, before I realized I could play with my son split screen in a custom game by ourselves, I wanted him to be able to play with all my add on stuff, since in local play it was impossible to gain teeth to get the upgrades.  So I got on xbox live account, he and i split screen, I had my headset on with mic, he did not.  First 2 randoms came in with us, both had mic's.  Immediately they say, hey, who ya playing with and does he have a mic.  They other 2 new each other and were like 10 or so prestige.  I said it's my 9 year old son, don't worry, he's good, probably better than me, just likes to play, he'll throw whatever we need, set sentries constantly and be the drill man, he loves being drill man.  They said great, we setup, started the game and flew threw it.  Completionist, platinum finish, I ran 4 relics, got 16 teeth, none of us ever went down, annihilated everything.  The guys even both complimented my son on his play and said they would be glad to play with us again sometime.  They both added me and we moved on, they were from midwest also.  I play random all the time, have many good experiences, this just probably my best since my son had a blast and got to play with some really good players (much better than I).  But all in all, takes about 15 to 20 minutes to find 3 decent guys to play with and usually works out ok.  Had a bad one Saturday night but I won't go into that one.  Total frustration, but I guess comes with playing with randoms, every now and then you get a crappy game of guys running too many relics than they can handle.  In short, in the bad game, I had 18 revives and went down 1 time. 

ROXSTARUK

N0cturn41Vu1tur wrote:

im from the UK and not everybody here rules...

Shhhhh man!! Shhhhhhh!!

xoMrSLAVEox

That happens me all the time. I play much with randoms coz my friends dont play extinction much.

I have nothing against us players but 98% of them sounds and act (depressive,mean,discouraging) and most of them leave the game and leave others in trouble.

H2Oslider24

Damn...I had no intention to turn this into a US vs UK thread....was just giving props for a fun game.  I have had many great games with people from US also...I just hardly ever get to play with people from UK which is what made this game unique.  I wish the lobbies were more "world wide"..I like meeting people from other parts of the world, but seems like 75% of the people in my lobbies are from Cali and 99% are from US.  I am re-titling this thread per Vulture "everywhere rules and everywhere sucks!"

Graedad

I had a similar experience to yours, only it was with a group of Aussies - no idea how I stumbled into a lobby with them, and it's never happened since, but it was a great game, and great fun.

Being Canadian (and no need for anyone to comment - after all, everyone likes us <lol>), I mostly play with Americans and my friends list is predominantly American. Anyone who's travelled knows that people are people, and you'll find as many friendly people as you'll find jerks wherever you go. In defence of my American friends, statements like "98% of them..." reflect ignorant stereotypes that would benefit from your idea that the lobbies should be more multicultural. That would be a lot of fun and no doubt educational for some.

• Re: Everywhere rules and Everywhere sucks!...just last night..UK ruled slightly more
                                      Darren_The_Rope

Played with some Aussies also, most are pretty good guys, been good games.  I had 2 or 3 days of playing, had a few days off work, and seemed to always have at least 1 Aussie in my group and found the reason why.  They were approx 12 hours different in time than I in the midwest.  I was playing around 9am and 10am because I had the days off and was playing some in the morning before I did other stuff in the afternoon.  So when I was jumping on at 9am and 10am, it was 9pm and 10pm in Australia and people were playing at night there before they went to bed and most people in US were at work or kids in school so the randoms were mostly aussie.  It was quite interesting. 

N0cturn41Vu1tur

well everywhere does!

famousaj

get them to be host and you'll play with all sorts of folks, german, french, etc...In my limited play time with UK players, they seem to have a general dislike for french players...I've yet to figure out why.

ROXSTARUK

Hahaha, I think if you asked them they probably wouldn't know either!

They're our closest neighbor so there is so much history a person could take their pick! Despite how close we are I had never visited the country and I was completely indifferent about them. However, I'm now dating a French chick!

On a more technical note, when playing online with/against French players I always have terrible connection issues.

N0cturn41Vu1tur

I have no issues with French players, my only issue is when someone who speaks a different language don't know English because I like communication and frankly I don't know any French.

spudchucker22

I don't mind where the player is from as long as they play for the team and will help in all challenges

By the way: UK and proud!!!

Chucky6661

I Agree UK players rule

famousaj

I friended one guy from the UK on this forum and usually he is host, so I got to play with all sorts of UK guys. I've had the best time with them so far and have since friended more. I sit back and enjoy the words they use, it's just different. One can learn alot. I dig em all so far.

FetchMeTheirSOULS

I have already made a topic/post like this exact one. Should have listened to me the first time I stated this. I believe it comes down to the difference in our educational systems. UK players seem to understand the word team better than US players.

"Cheers, Dudes".

URgodWILLcUsoon.

N0cturn41Vu1tur

XD that's not always the case and this is why we cant say that UK rules nor US due to some US players are actually good in teams, some minor individuals think there too high for there boots and in UK, there are players who think there god in this game and can do anything they feel like, some may even disrespect you because your better or something.

its also localisation within the regions since in the UK there are some bad places and like not discriminating or anything but over here were told Detroit is one of the worst places in the US etc.

H2Oslider24

I now feel like an ass for starting this thread....just had a good game with 3 mates from the UK when I desperately needed a good game....the more you travel and meet people from all over the world... eat in their homes...get to really know them...you'll realize that people are the same everywhere...

FetchMeTheirSOULS

No worries, just thought it was funny that someone posted the same thing on here. I played with two other members from here one randomly and one was set up through this forum. I wanted to know if I should be honest about a forum members gameplay or not? If I should tell it as it is, or just leave it alone? This forum member was simply only worried about himself, he said and I quote "body armour raised to 4+ is pointless on hardcore" this same guy had double class and went down first with no relics on running WS/M..... Then lied having not completed the map before in HC like he said he had.... I did my team support to level +4 with my first 4 skill points ran it non stop and dropped ammo.... If you want to know is name lets hit 20likes... Sorry to hijack this thread but I gotta know if it is the right thing to do, I feel like it is..

Dankoviich

I didn't see this before our other thread but even though you got no likes I'll let people know it was me you were talking about.

I don't really understand why you have such a problem with me seeing as how we had platinum completionist a on every run we did together until you pitched a fit and left.  I also have multiple hardcore escapes on exodus which was the map we were originally playing.  I told you straight out I had not done awakening hc but my friend who we played with had so maybe you were just confused.  I had one down the entire game and you seem to think that is some kind of horrible reflection on my gameplay.  You went down once too if you will recall, but you are probably just gonna blame that on lack of team support being dropped.

Now that your big secret is out please try and leave me out of your malicious and useless posts.  You made this post to do nothing but start controversy and be an internet bully.  Might I suggest spending some more time working on your people skills and less time worrying about whether the community wants to know much team support I didn't drop during all the games we won.

Its ok though cause while i may continue to not drop the proper team support according to you, I now know for sure you will continue to be a rude, unpleasant and really just plain bad person.  I definitely got the better end of that deal. 

Lastly you made two seperate posts trying to berrate and insult me for no reason except that you are just an a$$hole after we had all of our games be successful including a specific run at your request.  Instead of saying thanks or just leaving it at that you decided to drag my name around the forums like I am some sort of selfish terrible player. That's just pathetic and it needs to stop now please.  Thank you.

N0cturn41Vu1tur

I feel that you are wrong for even mentioning this, also this does not relate to the topic above which refers to location of players and there behaviour. you are just cowardly slandering another player from these forums and yes, general abuse as you will be placed under the 'keyboard warrior' type of bully. I would also say +4 body armor for hardcore myself! I would say 2 players with it too because why not! just because one has double class does not mean he is invincible and is incapable of making mistakes or simply having a bad game and gets down first.

and may I add, for 20 likes you'll give out his name? no wonder you have no likes because nobody agrees with a bully begging for attention. im sorry UrGodWillSeeYouSoon but your in the wrong here and i'd appreciate it if you could press that edit button and remove that... the whole thing!

yes you should be honest but slandering another member on a forum where that member is also is just cowardly, immature. if you got beef with a member then deal with it one on one, no need to bring others into it. asking for other members responses to depict there knowledge of this said member.

Dankoviich

Thank you and I will be adapting my playstyle in hardcore after hearing what some of the more accomplished and respected forum members have suggested.  It is very refreshing to see that at least some gamers still can communicate ideas and suggestions without resorting to being an internet tough guy with no manners or common courtesy.

I would also like to apologize to anyone who wishes we would all just shut up and take it to private messages but I couldn't let this go unanswered as my integrity and ability were attacked unprovoked.  It was completely out of line and the record needed to be set straight in a way that anyone who cared could see. 

Sorry again for clogging up the forums with this incredibly ridiculous situation and I hope this is the last time I have to deal with this or Fetchmetheirsouls again.

Stinky666

You get mad at me for saying cheers to you.. Apparently I say it too much. So, I started cussing at you, and now you don't like that! I can't win either way damn it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Russ_uk82

The French are not good to play with, they keep running away shouting "we surrender, we surrender" LMFAO.  If you live elsewhere and are lucky enough to land in a lobby full of bits,  just thank the extinction gods. Especially if they are Yorkshire men. In my experience you have to be lucky to have a yank in your lobby that understands teamwork and isn't just out for as many kills as they can get.

By the way no offense to other nations (except maybe the french hahahahaha).

Graedad

Had the most bizarre experience last night. When I logged on to play a few games I had a message waiting from someone who I am sure I have never played with and don't know. The gist of it was telling me and my fellow Canadians to f**k off. I thought it was pretty hilarious after I read it to a friend and he recognized the name as the guy who is ranked #1 (Xbox 360) for escapes on one of the maps (for the record, NOT Nightfall, or Mayday, or Awakening, or Exodus). Clearly someone with issues, because for the life of me I can't figure out how our paths have ever crossed, other than possibly here. So if it really isn't about me, I assume this guy has profound maturity issues and/or a problem with my nationality... blame Canada, I suppose?