38 Replies Latest reply: Oct 25, 2011 6:43 PM by ilovehaters RSS

Headsets

What will you be using for Modern Warfare 3, and what is your opinion on the headset you own and/or other headsets on the market? Have you seen those $299.99 headsets Turtle Beach is releasing for Modern Warfare 3? They're 7.1 surround sound, but video games these days only go up to 5.1? Plus, on their website they say that the headset has 50mm (about the size of your palm.. or ear), which means the "surround sound" will be simulated with one speaker inside each earcup (one word?). Kids, don't ask your Mom to buy you these for Christmas, that's all I'm saying.

• Headsets

I have Sennheiser PC360s & an Astro MixAmp. These are simulated surround sound as well, but so are all the other top headsets.

With the Turtle Beaches you're basically paying for the MW3 brand.. For $300 you can get a lot better IMO.

• Headsets

I`ll be using the X11s until after christmas or so.

• Headsets

I will be using the turtle beach px21 as i have just got them recently and they are my first really gaming headset. I must say I thought i was just fine turning the volume up on my TV but i can't believe the sound quality i was missing especially being able to foot steps from like a mile away.

• Headsets

Datel gametalk pro 2s; as good as X12s, with wireless, and a rechargable battery built in, for the same price, can't go wrong.

• Headsets

I don't use a headset for sound.

Invest in a nice 5.1 home theater setup.

Makes sound whoring so easy.

• Headsets

i'm picking up the sony wireless headset in a week or two. it seems like a good deal, $100 for 7.1 surround sound and it is wireless.

• Headsets
                        goosu2006

i have a question.. is the surround sound really worth it in headsets? I dont have a head set, and am looking to invest in one for MW3. I was looking to pick up a pair of P11's.. they are easy on the wallet and seem good quality. However, on the Turtle Beach website, they say if you spend about 40 bucks more, you can bundle the headset with a surround sound processor. Is that really worth it. I feel that just being able to HEAR the sound better is worth it in its own sense. What are other people's opinions on this?

• Headsets

Only use mine to hear the chat... All the game sounds drive me nuts. I use Oakley O Rokr Pro. Glasses and headset combined... Love it.

• Re: Headsets

Tritton ax 180 are the best for a headset under 70€

Im Buying some DPX21's.

r8edtripx

The sound on the DPX21s is awesome, you'll be able to pin-point sound with great accuracy.

Just be really careful with the swivel points on each side; it's a design flaw IMO. Make sure that when you take off or put on your headset that you do it with both hands without applying too much pressure on the pivot points right above the ear-cup.

When mine broke, I looked into it and many experienced the exact same thing.

Know what I've been looking at to get this Christmas? The new Sony Official Stereo Headset that has 7.1 surround sound. Also, it is wireless so there are no need for cords to be laying on your floor.

I have both a surround sound home theater system and the Sony headset.

The Sony headset isn't quite as good as my speakers but they're very close and when I game at night I can't have the volume loud because my neighbors are sleeping so the headset is perfect for this.

I'll use a combination of the two with MW3.

I use a set of turtle beach px5 and have nothing but praise for them sounds wise only down side is they eat AA's fast. I would recomend them to anyone but buy some good rechargable batterys.

• Headsets

The Turtle Beach PX21's are a great begginer head set. They're everything you look for in a "first time gaming headset" they were my first head set over 1 year and a few months ago and still work perfectly, and only cost about 100$. Although I have upgraded to the Astro A40's (about 320$) which do everything and beyond, although I needed to for the Pro Circuit.

I'd give the PX21's a 8/10, the sounds great, simple set up, simple controls, the only negative is that they can get uncomfroable after a good 3 hour+ gaming session.

http://s748.photobucket.com/albums/xx121/Maas73211/?action=view&current=DuKeYsNe wSetUp.jpg

^set up

• Headsets

ive a pair of turtle beach earforce xlc got them free with the xbox my g/f uses them for the pc

• Headsets

Have my Turtle Beach X12 headset arriving via mail sometime this week.

It's my first ever gaming headset, lets hope 60 bucks can give me more than what my earbuds can already do.

• Headsets

I think I'm going to get the Ear Force Deltas. Everything I've read said they should be good, and they'll be preloaded with the MW3 settings, so I won't have to mess with anything

• Headsets

Astro A40's FTW! xD Best headset I ever invested in.

• Headsets

That headset sounds pretty awesome. Wish I had the money

• Headsets
                                                  ELPINCHELOCO

The ones that your talking about, I own already. They are the Turtle Beach X5. They are the new 50mm "badasses" They are wireless, bluetooth Mic. And yes 7.1 Dolby D. Surround. I hear everything. IYou can also program all presets with software. They are a bit to expensive, but better built than most....If you get them get them with a warranty at Best Buy, so in case anything happens to them Best Buy will replace with new ones right away, on the spot.

• Headsets

I've never had a headset, except for the 2 weeks back in the day that I had a 360. How much would I be paying for something "good enough"? lol

• Headsets

I pre-ordered the MW3 Ear Force Bravo fro $199 they look and sound amazing! cant wait

• Headsets

It's sad that no one here shops around and only follows the masses and get "Turtle Beach" bs.

Sharkoon Xtatic Digitals are the best you can get for your mony. They're less expensive and are genuine 5.1, not that simulated crap.

Just my 2 cents.

• Headsets

I currently have Tritton AX Pros, and I've had turtle beaches in the past.  It kind of depends on what you're looking for out of a headset.  My AX Pros are beyond comfortable, and are incredibly loud.  My beachers sounded great in game, but eventually broke over time.  Both were great headsets. 

• Headsets

Truthfully my Senheiser's are brilliant and just default earphones. The first time I used them blew my brain hole, I could tell that there was someone in a building on the second floor, facing away from me and firing they were that great (however it was WaW when I got them, which in my opinion had the most in depth sound mechanics).

However a few years of abuse and several broken headsets later I felt I needed to get an headphone/headset hybrid. A few mates have used the Turtle Beaches and I tested them out and they were pretty good, maybe not up to the standard of my Senheisers but I am confindent in my purchase.

• Headsets

If you need a good beginner head set read my quick review of the PX21's above!

Just got my Turle Beach X12 headset in the mail today.

Tried it out on my PC, so far I'm loving the sound, especially the bass, but it's nothing to cream my pants over.

Gonna love using this though on my Xbox, only thing is I feel a little bad since it does cut a lot of outside noise out, I don't want my roommate or gf to think I'm ignoring them. XD

Although.....I do hate the fact that the USB plug is just for power, and that I still have to use the green/pink cables when using my computer, my laptop won't pick up the device...

Anyone know if another gaming headset can be used for Xbox and PC, WITH USB connectivity, not green and pink cables?

I'm just getting one of the Gioteck headsets, not sure wich one to get....

px21's are really good for a begginer, but they get really uncomfortable after a while. i used them for a while and couldn't really complain about anything in particular except for the comfort of them.